Self Guided Walking Tour of Old San Juan

Embem

Hi! I have sent everyone on the shared list for the original “Three Amigos” San Juan Walking Tour an invitation to the new map and  so I just removed the old one. Hopefully everyone received their new invite via Google (if you didn’t please first check carefully through the email account connected to your Google acct and also your junk mail {don’t forget it is sent straight from Google} - I am glad to go resend when necessary, but it does take extra time to do that and so I would appreciate it if people would only ask it when there is truly a problem 🙂 ). Thanks!

@1stTimeCruiser2008 and @forwardho - both are sent!

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Hi! I have sent everyone on the shared list for the original “Three Amigos” San Juan Walking Tour an invitation to the new map and  so I just removed the old one. Hopefully everyone received their new invite via Google (if you didn’t please first check carefully through the email account connected to your Google acct and also your junk mail {don’t forget it is sent straight from Google} - I am glad to go resend when necessary, but it does take extra time to do that and so I would appreciate it if people would only ask it when there is truly a problem 🙂 ). Thanks!

@1stTimeCruiser2008 and @forwardho - both are sent!

I don't understand why you're not just simply posting a view only link rather than forcing everyone to post their personal email addresses here for all to see.

27 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I don't understand why you're not just simply posting a view only link rather than forcing everyone to post their personal email addresses here for all to see.

On the email issue, please be aware there are plenty of ways to list an email address where it can’t be scooped up by a bot and no one is making anyone do anything, you have a choice. But I shouldn’t be surprised there would be one person who would find a way to be critical or unappreciative, there always is. But you see, I wouldn’t want my hard work to be shared with someone like that, so there goes the link idea.

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

On the email issue, please be aware there are plenty of ways to list an email address where it can’t be scooped up by a bot and no one is making anyone do anything, you have a choice. But I shouldn’t be surprised there would be one person who would find a way to be snarky or critical, there always is. But you see, I wouldn’t want my hard work to be shared with someone like that, so there goes the link idea.

I was merely wondering, no snark or criticism intended, nor did I mention bots. I really don't know why one would take offense to my comment or single me out as unworthy of your work because I don't want to share my personal email address on this board.

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

I was merely wondering, no snark or criticism intended, nor did I mention bots. I really don't know why one would take offense to my comment or single me out as unworthy of your work because I don't want to share my personal email address on this board.

That is fine if you don’t want to share your personal email address, you have that right. I also have the right to share my tour as I please. It just did not make any sense to me that you said I was “forcing” people to put their email addresses out there. You seemed to paint me as doing something wrong, but it was not wrong simply because it interfered with your preferences. So, criticism over my method was quite a surprise. 

I didn’t single you out, I responded to your complaint - you may remember that you asked me “why” I was using this method and so I was explaining to you that one reason was that there could be people online that I don’t wish to share it with for some reason (since I do have the right to make that decision).  I don’t know how else to tell you so I will just wish you well and happy sailing. I am not interested in more doscussion on this, negativity isn’t much fun 😊

(To answer your other issue - the bot information I put forth because you seemed quite concern about your email address so I explained how people online get around that issue. Many also have a secondary email for posting purposes).

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, forwardho said:

Thank you AlohaLivin for sharing you trip with me. 

@forwardho You are welcomed 🙂

@Saphira7 hello NC! I will make the request now - look for an email from google.

Don’t forget to look at the thread post about using the map. You are welcomed to skip over any sections you wish and then catch the tour at a later marker. I tried to center most of it within a relatively small area distance wise to make that option easier. You just never know if you might run into a hot day or not feel up to it or just decide to make a shorter day of it! 

A friend of mine is from PR, I am going to see if I can get him to take a look and see if he has ideas/cautions/suggestions. If so I will post it and alter the map accordingly. 

Night 😊

On 8/29/2019 at 6:35 PM, AlohaLivin said:

Glad to share! :classic_smile:  As I said in our roll call, it was far too much work for so few people to benefit. I can't say it's ready for Google apps or anything, but it isn't bad (it's super hard planning and laying out the route in such a small area - thank goodness for Google Earth so I could try to 'see" where the usual map was not helpful).  There is an alt route in the file (which cuts off the end of the tour in case someone has just had enough). It's only a few miles total so that is a good thing!

The food I had really researched (I mean why go to another country and not sample the fare?!). I couldn't add everything (but I wanted to), but a place with every kind of cocoa food and beverage is there, one of the top bars in the world is also - I have tried to add images and information for each "stop" that you can click on to "read more." Some of the more highly rated shops and shopping areas are added too (luckily they are close in with other stops). 

I hope that it helps! I am sending them out now, so if you don't get it for some reason please let me know. 🐠

@Embem  - Where do you want me to send yours? 🙂

P.S. My understanding is that this map can be used offline (I think you download it to your phone to do that). But for those who end up paying extra for PR, this should help a lot (some of the ones I found required being connected and I wasn't willing to pay that extra charge!)

I would also like the map. dtheroux3@verizon.net

3 hours ago, siren said:

I would also like the map. dtheroux3@verizon.net

hi! I tried to send it but Google Maps requires an email address assocated with a google account. If you have one of those but don't want to put it here in the thread, let me know and I can email the address you have above and you can supply me with the second :-)

35 minutes ago, Sunshyne4ever said:

HI AlohaLivin... I would love the link to read your map, and giving an advance thank you for your hardwork in keeping up with the map and as well keeping this thread going. dinpet1422 at gmail dot com.

You are welcomed 🙂 But as for keeping the thread going, that kind of just happened 😀

31 minutes ago, Nellaj said:

@AlohaLivin We will be visiting San Juan in February and would love to get a copy of your walking tour! My email is nellajules at gmail dot com 🙂 Many thanks in advance! 

Sent! I love your name, it was my grandmother’s name 😊

@AryMay hi! I sent the email to your hotmail acct last evening - headed to the office, but will be able to check again this evening (I hope, dentist is also on my calendar for today 😔

@krisean should be in your mailbox!

9 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

@AryMay hi! I sent the email to your hotmail acct last evening - headed to the office, but will be able to check again this evening (I hope, dentist is also on my calendar for today 😔

I have checked my hotmail account, but no email from you. ☹️ 

I feel like quite a bother, but would love it if you would try again. 

MaryMN55@hotmail.com

We will be in San Juan in November and our plan is just to walk around the old city. Having your map would be such a help. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AryMay said:

I have checked my hotmail account, but no email from you. ☹️ 

I feel like quite a bother, but would love it if you would try again. 

MaryMN55@hotmail.com

We will be in San Juan in November and our plan is just to walk around the old city. Having your map would be such a help. 

I saw this and resent from my iPad - I will check email tonight and finish up. No worries, life happens 😊

21 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

I saw this and resent from my iPad - I will check email tonight and finish up. No worries, life happens 😊

Thanks for trying again...I got your email this time and have responded to it with my gmail address! 

4 hours ago, siren said:

AlohaLivin..please send me the map also to dtheroux3@verizon.net.

Thank you

Hi. I tried sending it, but google sends it and requires that someone have an email associated with a google account (that is because it is pulling it off google drive/maps).

39 minutes ago, AlohaLivin said:

Hi. I tried sending it, but google sends it and requires that someone have an email associated with a google account (that is because it is pulling it off google drive/maps).

Well, thanks for trying

• Like 1