Half Moon Cay Cabana

goofy gopher

We have been watching for a Cabana to open up they have always said sold out until yesterday. Finally got one booked. Then looked a little later and sold out again. Never been to Half Moon Cay before and have read how nice it is to have a cabana there. It states that when getting on the ship you go to shore excursion desk and select which one you want I guess there are 15 of them does any one have suggestions on which one to try and get?

• Like 1

There are bathrooms behind cabanas 9 & 10.  We chose #10 as it is far enough away from the crowds but still close enough to the buffet area.  This is one of our favorite ports as the beach is just perfect! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smurfm69 said:

There are bathrooms behind cabanas 9 & 10.  We chose #10 as it is far enough away from the crowds but still close enough to the buffet area.  This is one of our favorite ports as the beach is just perfect! 

Agree with this...we always take a cabana somewhere between 10 and 13.  Far enough away from the masses to provide some serenity, but close enough to the bathrooms when the need arises.

Garnett

• Like 2

4 hours ago, I Luv Crusin said:

Keep an eye on your stuff.  Especially the floats.  They tend to "walk off" if you don't keep an eye on them.  🙄

Further to the above point, watch out for the indigenous roosters/chickens that are roaming the premises...they don't hesitate to grab any snacks that you may leave out. 

We constantly had to run them off...they were the only downside to a wonderful experience.

Garnett

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pcvtmom said:

We've had #10 three times, and we're hoping to snag it again in December!  As was mentioned earlier, it's near the restrooms and far enough away from the crowds!

Thank you for the head's up.  We're hoping to snag #9 or #10 next April.  We have FTTF, but I have to write a note to self to remind me to hit the shore excursion desk asap when we board.

• Like 2

We just had Cabana #14 a few weeks ago, and it was heavenly. They give you a ride out to the cabana, and if you let one of the attendants know when they stop by, they will call for a golf cart to take you back. We liked being away from the crowds. (My trip report has pictures)

We had FTTF and went to the excursion desk immediately upon boarding and there were already five cabanas claimed before we picked ours.