Ketchikan - need to find a new excursion

POF1234

I am on Royal Princess leaving Saturday - BUT issues with tides ( and my TA said she thinks a sandbar shifted ) so getting into Ketchikan too late for my excursion that I booked with an independent contractor.  

Originally we were going on the zodiac and rainforest hike with Alaska Shores from 8:30 to 12:30 - with ship leaving at 3:30.   Now we are in port from 11:00 to 5:00.  Contractor moved my tour to noon to 4:00.  I am really uncomfortable with it being that close.  ( Especially with people loading in and out of zodiac, transfer to zodiac - etc. ).  

I did see that Princess has the same excursion on their website - but I can;t book online since I am too close to sailing.  

I plan to go ahead and cancel Alaska Shores ( I bought their flex cancel ).  Otherwise I'm afraid I'll just worry about it and ruin part of the trip. 

If I can;t get anything similar from Princess - what do you suggest ? I'd like a non paddling water activity ( I had a frozen shoulder last year and still lacking some mobility ) or something mildly active.  I'd prefer Princess so I make sure I get back to ship ( althugh I hate an overcrowded activity ).  no interest in LumberJack, although would probably like some of the parks.  

Any ideas ? Any comments.  It's also my birthday that day - so don't want to miss the boat ( literally and figuratively ).  

Thanks 

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

You may be able to book the Princess shore excursion after you embark.  Get to the shore excursion desk as soon as they open on Embarkation Day.

That's the plan.  My TA said they may open up other options as well - especially with the port changing.  

Thanks

• Like 1

I LOVED the snorkeling excursion. The wet suits they provided kept me almost too warm! There are lots of pictures online of snorkeling in Ketchikan - I thought it was fascinating and totally different from warm water ports. Lots of star fish and kelp.