Tickets to Highclere Castle - How far in advance?

The internet has not been helpful -- can a Brit here tell me when I will be able to purchase tickets for August of 2020 to tour Highclere Castle? Our cruise departs Aug 9, so I'll be planning our arrival from the US around booking a Wednesday or Thursday visit to Oxford. 

6 hours ago, dpws said:

Tickets are available around 6 months in advance, keep an eye on the website and book online

Thanks DP. 

For others who might also be planning for next summer, I also finally received a reply from a Highclere representative, who stated that next summer’s tickets may be available as soon as October on their website. We shall see. 

In our case, we need to plan this excursion in order to choose our flight dates. 

On a related note, "Downton Abbey," the movie comes out in a few weeks!  Our PBS station (and maybe all of them) had a special about the show a few weeks ago during a pledge drive.  Had interviews with some of the cast.  Some look quite different than they did "in character," notably the actress who played Mrs. Hughes (Phyllis Logan).  Unfortunately, the only Crowley family member they had on was "Edith" (Laura Carmichael).

• Thanks 1

I booked my Highclere tickets in January for our August 2019 cruise.   It was the first ticket that I purchased - even before airfare.  Another recommendation if you book the morning session.  The grounds open at 9:30 but the castle doesn't open until 10:30.  Get in the queue for the castle by 10am!  We walked the grounds for an hour and then decided to get in line.  Oh boy - big mistake! 

1 hour ago, delee78 said:

I booked my Highclere tickets in January for our August 2019 cruise.   It was the first ticket that I purchased - even before airfare.  Another recommendation if you book the morning session.  The grounds open at 9:30 but the castle doesn't open until 10:30.  Get in the queue for the castle by 10am!  We walked the grounds for an hour and then decided to get in line.  Oh boy - big mistake! 

Thanks, delee -- good to know!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

We booked a tour out of London.  All day tour that takes us to Oxford, Bampton and then Highclerce castle.  We've done it before, its expensive but in our opinion, worth it.  We booked it about 6 months in advance of our May 2020 cruise.

• 5 months later...