I ask how did the eight months go by so fast this Year

Now the last four months bringing up the Rear

Here we go again another month of Weigh-in Weeks

So lets eat healthy and be Strong and not Weak

Drink our water day and Night

It's good for you..Right

Do some exercise everyday and maybe walk a Mile

Then we will get on the scale with a Smile

Enjoy your Labor Day three day weekend. (for those who have it)

If not just enjoy your regular weekend:classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very nice poem today! The last 4 months are always crazy in my family. We have all the holidays and all of our birthdays plus this is our time to cruise. We love the cool weather...hopefully it will come soon!

This week the scale FINALLY budged! I am down 2 pounds!!! I have been eating cleaner and back to intermittent fasting. I am doing 18:6. It worked for me before and seems to be working again.

My husband will be home 3 days this weekend so I know my diet will suffer. I am hopeful that I can get in some exercise.

• Like 2

Lovely poem, Belle!  I'm so excited for a little cool weather (although in North Carolina, we call this "false fall", because we haven't seen the end of summer yet).  It was 61 degrees out when I took my dog for her walk this morning.  Heavenly!

Holidays for my family start in October with my son's birthday - he'll be 18 this year!  😲  Then it's right on into Halloween, fall 5K runs (well, walks for me), Thanksgiving, CRUISE, Christmas and then my birthday.  The calendar is about to heat up!! 

My momentum seems to be going still.  I'm down two pounds to 205.  Hoping to keep the focus through this long weekend.  I don't have any plans, so I will try to direct myself to healthy things.

@JessandLevi, I bet even with your husband home for the weekend you'll find you don't fall off the wagon too much.  Just being aware will keep you somewhat in check.  And a little splurge is not a bad thing.  Kudos for doing the IF.  I may try that at some point, when my usual routine isn't giving me any results.  

Okay, we're down 4 pounds so far - let's see how well the group does this week!

• Like 2

@AndyB Great job on the loss!! Your end of the year holidays are almost EXACTLY like ours except my husbands birthday is Oct 6, Son's is Oct 30, then Halloween, Thanksgiving, cruise, Christmas, then my birthday (Dec 28).

I would love to think I won't fall off the wagon but my husband doesn't support IF. If I wait to eat at my normal time then he will say that I am starving myself 🙄 But if I can being strict with my diet when hes not home then hopefully it will be a wash.

Okay, I just popped back to last Thursday's thread, and if I didn't miss anything, we lost a net 16.6 pounds last week!  I counted 12 check-ins.  That's nothing to sneeze at!

Okay, better get ready for work.  Have a great day, all!

• Like 1

Everyone is doing great this week!  Congratulations!

As for me, I at least didn't budge from the weight I was when I gained back the 1.5 lbs.    Since I can't walk as much right now due to my foot arch tendinitis I'm going to at least try not to gain.  I'm going to do another round of the 21 day fix, and keep going to the gym to do the weight machines, elliptical, and bike.  If I don't go at all I'll get out of the habit and not get back into it.  Since it's a three day weekend, I'm going to try and get some better shoes with more support, and rest my foot.  At least I'm eating healthier, and the weight machines have to be helping my muscles get stronger, which will hopefully help with my metabolism.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JessandLevi said:

This week the scale FINALLY budged! I am down 2 pounds!!! I have been eating cleaner and back to intermittent fasting. I am doing 18:6. It worked for me before and seems to be working again.

My husband will be home 3 days this weekend so I know my diet will suffer. I am hopeful that I can get in some exercise.

Congratulations on the 2lb.  I know how hard it can be when the rest of your house isn't dieting.  My husband is 5'5" and only weighs 175-180lb.  He doesn't get how hard it is to loose.  That being said it looks like our son is going to take after him (is 13 years old, 5'11" and around 140lb)and I am happy for him.  

If you fall off for a day or two just get right back at it.

2 hours ago, AndyB said:

My momentum seems to be going still.  I'm down two pounds to 205.  Hoping to keep the focus through this long weekend.  I don't have any plans, so I will try to direct myself to healthy things.

Wonderful!!! Hope it keeps going for you.

1 hour ago, AndyB said:

Okay, I just popped back to last Thursday's thread, and if I didn't miss anything, we lost a net 16.6 pounds last week!  I counted 12 check-ins.  That's nothing to sneeze at!

Woo Woo !!!

1 hour ago, CarolinaGirl2010 said:

Everyone is doing great this week!  Congratulations!

As for me, I at least didn't budge from the weight I was when I gained back the 1.5 lbs.    Since I can't walk as much right now due to my foot arch tendinitis I'm going to at least try not to gain.  I'm going to do another round of the 21 day fix, and keep going to the gym to do the weight machines, elliptical, and bike.  If I don't go at all I'll get out of the habit and not get back into it.  Since it's a three day weekend, I'm going to try and get some better shoes with more support, and rest my foot.  At least I'm eating healthier, and the weight machines have to be helping my muscles get stronger, which will hopefully help with my metabolism.

Staying the same when you have an injury is hard.  Keep it up (or should I say keep it even) .

I'm excited to say I lost 5.6lb this week.  I know, I know, I know it won't keep up this fast (lost 6.0lb last week).  But a girl can dream, can't she?  

• Like 3

Belle - thanks for the poem .... I love "Birthday Month" ... what are we going to do this year for fun?  :classic_biggrin:

I was doing well until yesterday ... don't understand it ... I had been maintaining all week ... then this morning I was up 1.6# --- I don't understand the scales sometimes ... but I'm ok with it ... I will probably go down about the same next week .... I'll go to the gym 3 times this week with DH.  For my age my weight is ok .... I'm just glad that I can wear a "M" or a 12 and sometimes a 10.  I'm not going to continue to beat myself over the head about my weight.  I did have a neighbor that stopped by the other day to mention that she could tell that I've really lost weight (helps with the motivation).

Took luck to all today ... it is raining here ... but has cooled off a little.  Jan

• Like 4

Hey hey gang!!! Nice to see the losses @JessandLevi, @AndyB, and @Jasonmom! @CarolinaGirl2010 it's tough to stay on weight without exercise, Great job! @Jan_In_Maine I don't understand the scale always either. I can be down almost a pound on Tuesday and by Wednesday it's back and then some! Stick to it and it'll head in the "right" direction. @winewanderer 2 weeks on an Alaskan Cruise sounds wonderful.

I am still doing the crazy UN Diet. It's working down 1.2 this week. I have posted my food and exercise everyday for 90 days!! In that 3 month period I am down 5.8 lbs! The chart looks like a kindergartner drew it LOL

Capture.PNG.75f980709b21367491e799b3685f940a.PNG

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 2

Happy Thursday! 

Belle - thanks for the poem! I too can't believe it's going to be September in a couple of days. Seems like this year has flown by!

JessandLevi - Congrats on your 2 pounds! Way to go. I hear you about the DH not making it easy to stay on track. Mine is always here and he likes to snack, go out for meals on the weekends etc. Best of luck keeping on track.

AndyB - Congrats on your loss and thanks for tallying last week's total losses....wow! And Wow - you have a busy fall planned! I have one birthday coming up - my "Baby" will turn 19 in November. I too enjoy the cooler fall temperatures. I love windy days and falling leaves. 🙂

Carolinagirl2010 - Staying the same is great! Especially with an injury. Hope you get some helpful shoes and your foot heals up over the weekend.

Jasonmom - Wow!! Great job, congrats on your loss. You rock!! 

Jan - agreed, the scale can be so aggravating. I used to weigh daily and would get so disheartened to see it go up and then down, and then up again. Sounds like you have it worked out though. Gym and healthy eating is the key.

Diana - Welcome back! 4 pounds for two weeks is not bad. I'm hoping I don't gain more than 4 pounds in a week!

JennyB1977 - Congrats on your latest loss. That UN diet seems to be successful and something easy to follow. 

And now for me, I lost the 0.6 that I gained last week plus another 1.2 for a total of 1.8 this week. So far since I've been checking in and chatting with you all, I'm down 8 pounds and finally under the 155 mark - first time since 2016. I have 31 days until my cruise so I'm hoping for to lose another 8 at least. Only worries are that I'm heading to the Lake for another week next week, with 9 teens/young adults so there will be plenty of snacks and treats. And then mid Sept. I have to go to Philly for a week of training for work. So that means staying in a hotel, work dinners, lunches, etc... hoping I can stay on track and still get workouts in.

Edited by RobinCruiser
to add rest of comments
  • Like 2

Great job with the losses or minimal gains everyone!

CarolinaGirl, new shoes might help a lot - they were a real game changer for me with PF.

I lost the 1# that found me last week 😉 - only 4 more to go before the cruise in 18 days.  My daughter turns 19 on Sunday, but she's at college so no birthday calories here 🙂 Plan to get some no-carb FaceTime with her though.

Time to get the son from soccer practice.  Have a great weekend all!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, winewanderer said:

Back from our 2 week Alaska cruise. I gained 4 lbs. Cruise was good. Nice to be in cooler weather. At home is is crazy hot. 

Diana

Only gaining 4 lb sounds great to me.  I hope (wish) I can keep it to only 4 lb on my one weeker coming up.  

6 hours ago, JennyB1977 said:

I am still doing the crazy UN Diet. It's working down 1.2 this week. I have posted my food and exercise everyday for 90 days!! In that 3 month period I am down 5.8 lbs! 

Great loss.  Once again you amaze me at how you keep track.  

6 hours ago, RobinCruiser said:

And now for me, I lost the 0.6 that I gained last week plus another 1.2 for a total of 1.8 this week. So far since I've been checking in and chatting with you all, I'm down 8 pounds and finally under the 155 mark - first time since 2016. I have 31 days until my cruise so I'm hoping for to lose another 8 at least. Only worries are that I'm heading to the Lake for another week next week, with 9 teens/young adults so there will be plenty of snacks and treats. And then mid Sept. I have to go to Philly for a week of training for work. So that means staying in a hotel, work dinners, lunches, etc... hoping I can stay on track and still get workouts in.

Don't you hate it when life interrupts your diet?  Congratulation on the 1.2 lbs and I'm sure you will keep it up.  (155lb is less than my goal weight LOL)

1 hour ago, pacruise804 said:

I lost the 1# that found me last week 😉 - only 4 more to go before the cruise in 18 days.  My daughter turns 19 on Sunday, but she's at college so no birthday calories here 🙂 Plan to get some no-carb FaceTime with her though.

Glad that pound that you found got lost again.  Good luck on loosing as much as you want before your cruise.

I'm wondering of the people on here, how many of you try to stay on your diet while on your cruise?  How many cheat a bit?  How many have whatever you want?  (I must admit that when I've gone on cruise in the middle of a diet I fall closest to having whatever I want except I don't eat all the bread or desserts I've wanted.  My upcoming cruise will be first with beverage package so I know that is going to make it worse)

36 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

I'm wondering of the people on here, how many of you try to stay on your diet while on your cruise?  How many cheat a bit?  How many have whatever you want?  (I must admit that when I've gone on cruise in the middle of a diet I fall closest to having whatever I want except I don't eat all the bread or desserts I've wanted.  My upcoming cruise will be first with beverage package so I know that is going to make it worse)

I personally have not tried to diet on a cruise or vacation in the past. I won't on this upcoming cruise either.. I'm there to enjoy myself. We also have the beverage package and I love trying the drink of the day and blended daquiris. I do plan to be mindful of needless calories. I'm planning to stay away from the rolls and breads, toasts etc and limit the desserts to one only per day. I plan to fill up on fruits and veggies and steer clear of rices, potatoes etc. That's basically what I'm doing now and I'm really not missing all the carbs so I think it will be okay. We have two post cruise days in Anaheim.. doing Disneyland one day and Universal Studios the next so there will be lots of walking. My one known weakness will be hitting Shakey's Pizza in Anaheim.. We  don't have them in Canada anymore and they were always a favourite so I will be indulging in all the pizza and Mojo's I can eat. It's been 4 years since I've had them and I have no idea when I will get them again. 😋

14 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

I don't track on the cruise, but I also find with eating healthier I don't deviate too much from our normal diet.  We do drink considerably more on a cruise, and I don't have shrimp cocktail every night at home 😉 I try to be selective in my choices and choose dishes I can't easily replicate at home.

@RobinCruiser enjoy your pizza 🙂 A once in 4 years splurge doesn't sound too bad.  

Thanks for the poem, Belle.

Congrats to the losers, you had some awesome losses.

Diana, four pounds in two weeks is not bad at all.  I gained that on my nine day cruise.

Jan, I understand how you feel.  I can be down one day and up the next.  I can never understand the scale.

I am down 2 lbs this week.   Which puts me 1.8 lbs under my goal weight.   The challenge will now be maintaining that.   I wouldn't mind another 5 lb loss.   I have a 7 day cruise in April and then a 14 day in July, so I need to be prepared.  

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend, everyone.

Rose

• Like 2

Good job Nyer.  There is a thread on the message boards about staying keto on a cruise that gave some Great tips. I plan on enjoying  my cruise but plan to do a lot of walking making good food choices for at least part of the day (breakfast and lunch) although I love my fruity drinks.

Kim

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bolt said:

I lost 1 lbs this week for a total of 8 lbs in 4 weeks.

Great job.  Eight pound in four weeks is right on track with what they say you should attempt (I think).

6 hours ago, nyer said:

I am down 2 lbs this week.   Which puts me 1.8 lbs under my goal weight.   The challenge will now be maintaining that.   I wouldn't mind another 5 lb loss.   I have a 7 day cruise in April and then a 14 day in July, so I need to be prepared.  

Under your goal weight?!?  Wow!  That is fantastic.

@Jasonmom, wow, 5.6 is awesome! 

@CarolinaGirl2010, I'd call no gain a win for sure, especially while your foot is hurting. 

@Jan_In_Maine, sometimes that scale has a mind of its own - you've got the right mindset, though, not to beat yourself up over a few pounds when you know you're in a healthy range. 

@JennyB1977, I saw your 90 days on MFP - that's awesome! 

@winewanderer, welcome back!  4 pounds on a 2-week cruise is not bad at all.  Hope you had a great time! 

@RobinCruiser, great loss!  I know what you mean about travel challenges. 

@pacruise804, great job!  Happy birthday to your daughter. 

@bolt, great loss again, and great trend over 4 weeks! 

and @nyer, CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal!!!!

To Jasonmom's question about dieting while on a cruise - I always get on the ship with good intentions, but by the second night I have given in to many temptations.  But I do think by going in with an intention (that's my by-word for the week) of being healthier, my splurges are less "splurgy" than they used to be.  And I don't get the drinks package any more.  Then I'm more deliberate about what I drink - it's too easy with the package to over-indulge to try to get your money's worth.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend and nobody is in Dorian's path this week. @CarolinaGirl2010, are you on the coast?  I see some models show it coming up the coast to SC.

• Thanks 1

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice poem as usual. This summer has whizzed by!

Looks like mostly losses this week & I can join that club even if it's only 0.8 lbs.

My next cruise is in 42 days, I wonder if I behaved & did some exercise how much I could lose by then.

There is a dress I'd like to wear without showing every bulge.😢

Have a nice weekend & Labour Day as we spell it up here.😉

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

I'll be the first...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!:classic_smile:

Born Sept. 1st, so  first of us "oldtimers"  to have Birthdays this month !:classic_biggrin:

(for the new people here a lot of us in here have birthdays this month plus a few that have left did too)

So that's why the Party!🍷🎂

Bring out the ..Champagne, music, dancing men, decorations and birthday cake.  Whatever happens in

here stays in here and nothing has calories!:classic_love:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

Belle ~ nice poem as usual. This summer has whizzed by!

Looks like mostly losses this week & I can join that club even if it's only 0.8 lbs.

My next cruise is in 42 days, I wonder if I behaved & did some exercise how much I could lose by then.

There is a dress I'd like to wear without showing every bulge.😢

Have a nice weekend & Labour Day as we spell it up here.😉

~ Jo ~ 😊

42 days is 6 weeks, so you could have a healthy 5# weight loss with some focus 🙂 

Happy Birthday, Belle!  You share it with one of my favorite people 🎂