Sea Terrace Cabin (Balcony) Video Walkthrough

CruisingWalter

sunnyd_83 posted this video on Tuesday. Doesn't hurt to post it again. It does give a few more details on the basic balcony cabin. Nice to see the shower is a decent size. I'd love to see a walk-through of the cheeky corner suite. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 2:47 PM, twodjs said:

Nice to see the shower is a decent size. I'd love to see a walk-through of the cheeky corner suite. 

Yes, a video of the various suites would be nice, too. Funny, how shower size becomes such a crucial factor on a cruise ship. We recently decided to book a HAL cruise, for the first time. Decided to go with one of their newer ships (Koningsdam) and we're 'splurging' on a Neptune Suite. Folks on the HAL boards warned us that, although that particular Neptune Suite does have a separate tub and shower -- that it's the tiniest shower you've ever seen! LOL -- one of our first Cruise Directors (a rather large gentleman) on Royal did a series of jokes about the tiny, round showers onboard: "How do you shower in these things? Well, I just soap up the walls and spin around!"😜

We have stayed in one of those back corner Neptune Suites on Koningsdam. And the tub is super skinny - with no wall-mounted shower head. What were they thinking?! That experience motivated my shower size comment. 

1 hour ago, twodjs said:

We have stayed in one of those back corner Neptune Suites on Koningsdam. And the tub is super skinny - with no wall-mounted shower head. What were they thinking?! That experience motivated my shower size comment. 

LOL -- guess that will just have to motivate DH & me to get 'super skinny' ourselves, before that cruise!😉

22 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Yes, a video of the various suites would be nice, too. Funny, how shower size becomes such a crucial factor on a cruise ship. We recently decided to book a HAL cruise, for the first time. Decided to go with one of their newer ships (Koningsdam) and we're 'splurging' on a Neptune Suite. Folks on the HAL boards warned us that, although that particular Neptune Suite does have a separate tub and shower -- that it's the tiniest shower you've ever seen! LOL -- one of our first Cruise Directors (a rather large gentleman) on Royal did a series of jokes about the tiny, round showers onboard: "How do you shower in these things? Well, I just soap up the walls and spin around!"😜

I can't remember which ship it was but I do remember a shower being so small I felt like Buddy in Elf.  We're booked in the exact cabin shown in the video for next August.  Really looking forward to seeing what the Lady and Virgin Voyages is all about.  

Screen Shot 2019-09-01 at 12.04.40 PM.png

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at the video of the balcony cabin, I think it looks very modern,stark  and uncomfortable. I cannot imagine enjoying the balcony while sitting in one of the chairs shown in the video. The hammock appears to be taken as an idea used on Aida ships. Appealing to some,uncomfortable for others.

Perhaps, I am not looking at the design with a millennial eye. I am way past that age group ! My DH and I are at the age where comfort is most important to us. We will continue to be interested in Princess,Celebrity and Cunard. 

However, it is good that there are choices in the world of cruises. With so many of the new-builds and new designs, ie: Celebrity Edge and Apex, the Virgin ships and the Princess Sky and Enchantment there is enough variety to appeal to a wide spectrum of passengers.

Edited by MJSailors
Grammar correction and clarification ofopinion
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, MJSailors said:

. I am way past that age group ! My DH and I are at the age where comfort is most important to us. We will continue to be interested in Princess,Celebrity and Cunard. 

We are 53 and looking forward to our August sail on the Lady. I found it interesting that the latest TV ads prominently feature "older" folks like us.  We enjoy new adventures. This will be our 8th cruise line, sailing all the various ships and lines keeps life interesting and less predictable. 

As you say the beauty of cruising is that there are so many options to meet all tastes. 

• Like 2