Captain Marco Massa named Captain of Grandiosa

Cruisergal1208

51 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

We also sailed with him on Seaside. Such a kind, approachable gentleman.

34 minutes ago, cellfree said:

Captain Massa is very personable, very approachable.

I agree. My family and I took a photo with him and a couple of officers. 

Looking at the photo just now, I never realized that we were all standing in front of a bar. :classic_biggrin:

We were on the Divina (during Hurricane Irma) and the Seaside with Captain Massa. November 10 we are sailing on the Meraviglia, was hoping ‘maybe’ he would be our Captain again. But it appears he will be sailing out of Hamburg on November 10. 

1 hour ago, Preziosa said:

This sounds great. We Will Be on the first sailing from Hamburg 10 th of november.

We Will see the fireworks the Night of the christening from Our hotel in Hamburg.

Hi Preziosa  we are also on this sailing.,  Just looking at hotels would you mind letting us know which hotel this is please as it sounds perfect?

Denise

I'm also on this sailing and was just about to ask the same question - which hotel?!! 

We have reserved the Marriott Courtyard, that is near the train station.  We booked the cruise through a German travel agent.  The only help they gave us was to say that Steinwerder is an industrial area and couldn't recommend any hotels.

We are in Ginn Hotel Hamburg.

they have a terrasse from where We Can see the ship and the fireworks.

we Will arrive around 5 o clock in the afternoon. Then We Can have a Nice dinner before the show goes on. There is a Nice restaurant on the hotel on the store of the river Elben. The Cruise terminal is on the other side of the river. We are from Denmark.

We Take a taxi in the morning to the cruiseterminal

Congratulations to Captain Massa

We also sailed with him on Seaside.I remember him with love and a very approachable person, we commented on things from my beautiful city Barcelona. I also have very good memories of your staff.

we Will arrive around 5 o clock in the afternoon. Then We Can have a Nice dinner before the show goes on. There is a Nice restaurant on the hotel on the store of the river Elben. The Cruise terminal is on the other side of the river. We are from Denmark.

2 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Thank you, I have looked at so many hotels!   Just booked, the Ginn Hotel for  Hubby and myself we are British ex pats living in the South of Spain.  

Denise 

18 hours ago, cellfree said:

Cruisergal1208, how did you find out Captain Massa would be moving to the Grandiosa?

Capt Massa told me during the CC Meet N Greet on our Seaside 27 July sailing that he was taking over the Grandiosa this year.

• Like 1

Checking Grandiosa itineraries. We are doing a TA on Carnival out of Barcelona October 2020. I see that we could sail on the Grandiosa out of Barcelona the week before. Maybe we will consider a “side to side.” Sails to Ports in Italy we have not been to. 

• 4 weeks later...

We have changed hotel to Hotel Hafen City because there Will Be a Big party the hole evening from 19.00 to 02.00 because of the christening. So it Will Be the place to Be that evening. Big screens where We Can follow whats going on during the christening.