Galveston Weather

Nadersmom

Can someone tell me what the temps are in Galveston at the end of November.     I understand there are cooler years and warmer years.   but on average?

Walking around Galveston.     Jeans?   Jacket?

We are going on a Fishing Charter as well.   Jeans?    Jacket?   :classic_laugh:

Being from Midwest I struggle with convincing myself that it won't be freezing at the end of November.    Here it will most likely be in the 20's and 30's and if we are lucky, no real snow yet.    

Please and thank you

Howdy Nadersmom! emo22.gif

If this will be your first time to Texas, let me be the first to welcome you with a hug!! emo35.gif 

Here is the Weather Channel link to Galveston, TX: https://weather.com/weather/today/l/49a0ee1a4e600460186b14ecb345f1a0f9edea44c6f8052c0a452aecd661bfdf

Bookmark the link or put it in your Favorites. When closer to your cruise, check it to see what the weather will be like on Galveston Island for when you will actually be here. Note the area at top where you can pick Hourly, 5 Day, 10 Day, Weekend or Monthly. That way you will have the Weather Channel's version of what is actually going on instead of you just going by averages for that time of year.

To give you some statistics, I looked at November 2019 in Monthly and found the following:

71.0°F    Average High

57.0°F    Average Low

88.0°F    Record High

26.0°F    Record Low

3.42 in   Average Precipitation

And Barsnikel is correct about a cold front moving through that might change everything while you are here. All it takes is for some Okie up in Oklahoma leaving their gate open! Then all that cold you ARE used to will sneak on down here where we are NOT used to it. emo34.gif 

Happy sails,

Kat 🐱

• Like 2

You can expect temps from 60's to near 80. 
When we fish the bay we dress for 10 degrees cooler than the posted temps. A windbreaker is a must, sweatshirts can get wet rendering them useless. 
 It will be windy on the island and offshore. Expect some rolling seas for the fishing trip. If you are on the New Buccaneer it handles seas well. Don't load up on a big breakfast, the trip out is right into the wind. Been there!

14 hours ago, TxCityKat said:

Howdy Nadersmom! emo22.gif

If this will be your first time to Texas, let me be the first to welcome you with a hug!! emo35.gif 

Here is the Weather Channel link to Galveston, TX: https://weather.com/weather/today/l/49a0ee1a4e600460186b14ecb345f1a0f9edea44c6f8052c0a452aecd661bfdf

Bookmark the link or put it in your Favorites. When closer to your cruise, check it to see what the weather will be like on Galveston Island for when you will actually be here. Note the area at top where you can pick Hourly, 5 Day, 10 Day, Weekend or Monthly. That way you will have the Weather Channel's version of what is actually going on instead of you just going by averages for that time of year.

To give you some statistics, I looked at November 2019 in Monthly and found the following:

71.0°F    Average High

57.0°F    Average Low

88.0°F    Record High

26.0°F    Record Low

3.42 in   Average Precipitation

And Barsnikel is correct about a cold front moving through that might change everything while you are here. All it takes is for some Okie up in Oklahoma leaving their gate open! Then all that cold you ARE used to will sneak on down here where we are NOT used to it. emo34.gif 

Happy sails,

Kat 🐱

Thank you so much for that Link Kat!    I will definitely use it as we get closer.     Even if it's in the high 50's that will be warmer than we have up here so i'll be happier than I would be at home:classic_smile:.   

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BallFour4 said:

You can expect temps from 60's to near 80. 
When we fish the bay we dress for 10 degrees cooler than the posted temps. A windbreaker is a must, sweatshirts can get wet rendering them useless. 
 It will be windy on the island and offshore. Expect some rolling seas for the fishing trip. If you are on the New Buccaneer it handles seas well. Don't load up on a big breakfast, the trip out is right into the wind. Been there!

That's incredibly helpful! Thanks so much.     We are actually going out with Reel Men Fishing Charter.   I mentioned to them that I was worried about seasickness on a small boat and they said Dramamine will take care of that.    I hope so.   I start taking Bonine or Dramamine about 2 days before we fly in and during the entire cruise and it definitely helps.   But I've never been on a small boat out there in the "big water".    Here's hoping I don't regret my decision to go out fishing  LOL   

the windbreaker suggestion is great!  I would have only done a sweatshirt so I appreciate that very very much!

• 2 weeks later...

Last year in middle of October we arrive in Galveston Friday and it was upper 80s and steamy we were in tee shirts and shorts. Cold front come through that night and when we boarded the ship on Saturday we were wearing jeans and hoodies and it was mid 50s with strong north wind. November it could be the same... could be hot or could be chilly or both in same day. 

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, marci4tony said:

When does the notorious fog typically show up?

Fog is not a problem for the cruise ships now . They navigate in the Fog through  the channels because of new policies of pilots to move the ships for embarkation and disembarkation. 

Edited by ssb

@marci4tony

November to March or April per the following:

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:22 PM, TxCityKat said:

... Here is the Weather Channel link to Galveston, TX: https://weather.com/weather/today/l/49a0ee1a4e600460186b14ecb345f1a0f9edea44c6f8052c0a452aecd661bfdf

Bookmark the link or put it in your Favorites. When closer to your cruise, check it to see what the weather will be like on Galveston Island for when you will actually be here. Note the area at top where you can pick Hourly, 5 Day, 10 Day, Weekend or Monthly. That way you will have the Weather Channel's version of what is actually going on instead of you just going by averages for that time of year...

Save the link mentioned above and check it right before your flight down here.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny keys!
  • Thanks 1