Propulsion problems on Grandeur?

12 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Yes, cruise is cancelled.  Captain said we can either get off tonight or 6 -9 tomorrow am.  Then another officer said can’t get off until 6 - 9 tomorrow pm!  Waiting for confirmation.

Hope you still get your points.  

29 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Yes, cruise is cancelled.  Captain said we can either get off tonight or 6 -9 tomorrow am.  Then another officer said can’t get off until 6 - 9 tomorrow pm!  Waiting for confirmation.

Please let us know what the famous "letter in the stateroom" says when you get it.  🙂 

Not too terrible for the vast majority of people who drove to Baltimore.  Sucks for those who flew.

Just now, Merion_Mom said:

Please let us know what the famous "letter in the stateroom" says when you get it.  🙂 

Not too terrible for the vast majority of people who drove to Baltimore.  Sucks for those who flew.

Probably need to get a PVSA waiver before they can let folks off I would imagine.  Unless you didn't technically make it to international waters and leave the country?

2 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Probably need to get a PVSA waiver before they can let folks off I would imagine.  Unless you didn't technically make it to international waters and leave the country?

Some sort of law/rule against cruises to nowhere too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

I am sure we did not get to international waters.  The letter will say — haven’t seen it yet, just announced — 100% refund with

the same amount as a future cruise credit.  Let you know when I read it if anything changes.

From the track I saw posted, you didn't even get out of the Patapsco into the Bay.  I'm not even sure if you made it much past the Key Bridge.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, M&JfromSDL said:

That's awful news.  I'm driving up 95 tomorrow through Baltimore.  It will be interesting to see 2 ships docked at Cruise Maryland.

You won't see that.  Grandeur will be anchored out while Pride debarks/embarks.  After Pride leaves, Grandeur can pull back in.  There isn't enough room for two ships.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

So you're back in port, tied up at the dock, you know you're not going anywhere and you can't get off?    And you may have to sit there all day tomorrow before you can get off?  That's really going to be frustrating.

1 minute ago, Yorkvillain said:

Whoops! My bad. You’re right. 

I don't know anything about the port, but someone suggested that there can't be two ships docked at one time and the Grandeur will need to anchor while the Pride come in.  Perhaps that explains the need to wait until tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 1

The deal was we had to get off the ship before 11 o’clock  Saturday night. The ship would move away from the dock so another ship can come in. Then we would be able to get off the ship at 6 PM to 9 PM on Sunday.   So if we did not disembark before 11 o’clock on Saturday night you were still stuck until Sunday night. 

I have a relative who lives about 45 minutes away pick me up and take me to her house. We will stay in the area and go home on Monday. Royal Caribbean is giving us $200 for a change fee for my air ticket however my ticket was non-changeable  so I lost my original ticket value and my new one way  ticket home is going to run nearly and additional $300 each. 

We only got  five minutes away from port so clearly not in any kind of international water.  

One of the officers walking around gave me a letter but I’m not sure if it’s actually the final letter that was to be delivered to the state rooms. We left the state room at 9 PM so I don’t really know what was delivered.

The whole situation was done very quickly. At 8 o’clock pm we were told the cruise was cancelling and we had three hours to get off the ship or we had  stay on board all day tomorrow until we could get off.  It didn’t really give folks ample time to make plans.  Port workers and security were brought back and were extremely courteous and helpful. 

While we’ll get the cost of the cruise back in a future cruise credit, we are still out the cost of the initial airfare,  the portion of the new airfare over $200 per person,  pre-cruise hotel, airport parking.  

I wonder if it was not only the propulsion problem but the fact that the storm was heading up that way that prompted the decision. 

We’ve taken lots and lots of cruises but this is the first time something like this has happened.   

M