Credit for past cruises over 20 years ago

JTBCruiser

DW and I took our first cruise on Carnival almost 28 years ago.  Had kids and affordability of cruises was not an option.  I'm retired now and we cruise 2-3 times a year.  We sailed on Carnival last November and had a good time so would like to build up loyalty points.  Challenge is we have next to nothing to show we cruised on Carnival for 7 nights bin 1991.  We did find a formal photo of us and it has the ship's name on the bottom left corner with a alphanumeric number on bottom right.  Any chance this might prove we sailed to get credit?  Interested in hearing feedback especially if you sailed that long ago, how if any did you get credit?  BTW, I did request credit, waiting to hear back from Carnival.  No way to attach a photo on the initial request.  Thx!

19 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

DW and I took our first cruise on Carnival almost 28 years ago.  Had kids and affordability of cruises was not an option.  I'm retired now and we cruise 2-3 times a year.  We sailed on Carnival last November and had a good time so would like to build up loyalty points.  Challenge is we have next to nothing to show we cruised on Carnival for 7 nights bin 1991.  We did find a formal photo of us and it has the ship's name on the bottom left corner with a alphanumeric number on bottom right.  Any chance this might prove we sailed to get credit?  Interested in hearing feedback especially if you sailed that long ago, how if any did you get credit?  BTW, I did request credit, waiting to hear back from Carnival.  No way to attach a photo on the initial request.  Thx!

I went through the same scenario as you for a cruise on the original Mardi Gras back in 1984.  I simply provided Carnival with our boarding photo, which conveniently had the name of the ship and the sail date on it, and they promptly gave us credit for the 7 days spent on her.

From what I seen over the years...and others may have different opinions...it doesn't appear that Carnival really asks for hard proof before granting credit.  Hopefully, what you provided will be sufficient.

Garnett

• Like 2

her signature says Carnivale. We sailed her over 30 years ago had a dated picture with the Captain and got our credit. That ship was stunning, all wood interiors and everyone dressed for dinner. We shot skeet and hit golf balls off the stern. 

3 hours ago, JTBCruiser said:

All I have been able to find is the formal photo with ship name but no dates. Hoping that will be enough. 

Assuming Carnival is reasonable about this...and I think they will be...the fact that you have a picture from the Carnivale should be proof enough...especially, if your present cruise history doesn't list a cruise on the Carnivale on it.

As I said earlier, in my experience, Carnival is fairly lenient in these matters, unlike some other cruise lines.  I have taken 4 cruises with NCL, but they won't allow them as they all occured in the 1970's and 80's, which they say is too far back to count. 

Go figure...

Garnett

OK, here I go with my question.  I have cruised for over 26 years with other cruise lines, but mainly Carnival.  Where/how do I find out if Carnival has me listed for all the cruises I have done with them for my credit?  I am very old fashion when it comes to pictures.  So I have picture albums of ALL the cruises I have taken, along with the date, etc. as proof if needed. 🙂

1 hour ago, beshears said:

OK, here I go with my question.  I have cruised for over 26 years with other cruise lines, but mainly Carnival.  Where/how do I find out if Carnival has me listed for all the cruises I have done with them for my credit?  I am very old fashion when it comes to pictures.  So I have picture albums of ALL the cruises I have taken, along with the date, etc. as proof if needed. 🙂

Go to the Carnival website and login.  Once logged in, click on your name which is located at the upper right of the opening page.

When you click on your name, a drop down box should appear with "My Cruises" as one of the options.  Click on "My Cruises" and you should see a list of all the cruises you have taken with Carnival, as well as the VIFP points  you currently have. 

Also, at the bottom of that page should be a link for you to use if you want to report a past cruise that is not showing in your history.

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Assuming Carnival is reasonable about this...and I think they will be...the fact that you have a picture from the Carnivale should be proof enough...especially, if your present cruise history doesn't list a cruise on the Carnivale on it.

As I said earlier, in my experience, Carnival is fairly lenient in these matters, unlike some other cruise lines.  I have taken 4 cruises with NCL, but they won't allow them as they all occured in the 1970's and 80's, which they say is too far back to count. 

Go figure...

Garnett

Thank you again, I'm more optimistic now.  I'll let you know what happens. 

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

It's interesting that in our Cruise history, it lists in detail all of our cruises from 2000 on.  The one we took in 1999 is only listed as " 1 Cruises" and  7 VIFP Points.  It doesn't even have the year.

If I recall, it was around year 2000 that they converted to a new computer application.  They didn't have the level of customer detail on the old application that they do now, but had enough to at least know you cruised with them.

Mine says the same thing, but they had to manually add my 1987 cruise -- no detail other than number of days.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JTBCruiser said:

All I have been able to find is the formal photo with ship name but no dates.

Hoping that will be enough. 

You never saved your cruise cards? They take up too much space?  lol

You must have had one of these designs shown below.

BlueCards-926.jpg

47 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

You never saved your cruise cards? They take up too much space?  lol

You must have had one of these designs shown below.

BlueCards-926.jpg

We have never kept one card, in the trash exiting the ship

12 minutes ago, coevan said:

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum....I save EVERYTHING.  It is nice to thumb through the old stuff from time-to-time...it brings back some very pleasant memories from long ago.

I have the old Carnival Capers from our Mardi Gras cruise in 1984, along with our hand-written boarding pass and other paraphernalia.

Heck, I have all of the documentation from my wife's and I honeymoon cruise on NCL's old Sunward II way back in 1979.

Garnett

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

I went through the same scenario as you for a cruise on the original Mardi Gras back in 1984.  I simply provided Carnival with our boarding photo, which conveniently had the name of the ship and the sail date on it, and they promptly gave us credit for the 7 days spent on her.

From what I seen over the years...and others may have different opinions...it doesn't appear that Carnival really asks for hard proof before granting credit.  Hopefully, what you provided will be sufficient.

Garnett

This was my experience too. I emailed and asked about getting credit for a cruise on the Mardi Gras in 1987(ish). We have pictures from that time, but nothing that has a date on it. Since I was a kid, I never thought to save the boarding passes, etc..., and apparently we did not take a welcome aboard photo (or at least we cannot find it at my parent's house). I'm still looking, hoping to get official credit one day!

3 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum....I save EVERYTHING.  It is nice to thumb through the old stuff from time-to-time...it brings back some very pleasant memories from long ago.

I have the old Carnival Capers from our Mardi Gras cruise in 1984, along with our hand-written boarding pass and other paraphernalia.

Heck, I have all of the documentation from my wife's and I honeymoon cruise on NCL's old Sunward II way back in 1979.

Garnett

Our first cruise was on the Carnivale in 1988... I don't even recall a card being given! I recall that we had a room key. Am I misremembering and they did provide a card back then? I know that we paid cash for a lot of stuff back then so all charges going to the S&S card started at some point after that!

4 hours ago, coevan said:

Dear oh dear! The ultimate sacrilege!

You should have kept them for my collection.

Shame on you - lol

My cruise cards represent the best weeks of my entire life!!

3 hours ago, N7786W Flyer said:

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum....I save EVERYTHING.  It is nice to thumb through the old stuff from time-to-time...it brings back some very pleasant memories from long ago. ===> Same here!

I have the old Carnival Capers from our Mardi Gras cruise in 1984, along with our hand-written boarding pass and other paraphernalia. ===> Wow!

Heck, I have all of the documentation from my wife's and I honeymoon cruise on NCL's old Sunward II way back in 1979. ===> Well done!

Garnett

Like you, I have paperwork from most cruises, the receipts, boarding passes, anything that gets stuck into a folder.
Apart from that I maintain meticulous documentation re. all our 14 cruises.
Booking numbers, Cabin numbers, Voyage Numbers, dates and destinations.
They want details? I can drown them in details!

If anyone has any spare cruise cards to dispose of

I can surely use them!
Just email me at <dh-jennie (at) outlook dot com>
to make arrangements.

Here are a few more from my collection

6cards-925-A.jpg