Credit for past cruises over 20 years ago

JTBCruiser

3 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

6cards-925-A.jpg

I sure hope whoever sent you their expired Carnival Mastercard has had the number changed by now! Otherwise a few thousand people now know her account number LOL!!!!

Seriously, I see the card above from 1998- can anyone tell me when they started issuing cards when you boarded?

5 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

Seriously, I see the card above from 1998-

can anyone tell me when they started issuing cards when you boarded?

Earliest cruise card I know of is 1986 -July.

And he still has it! -Hope it's willed to me

1986 -July -HOLIDAY.jpg

• Like 1

My first cruise was a Thanksgiving cruise in 1995 or 1996 on Jubilee.  I kept the paperwork but it is stored somewhere and I'm not sure of the year.  But when I called to book my Carnival cruise in December 2018, they either found my information in their computer or they were willing to accept what I was telling them on the phone.  either way, I got credit for the cruise without going through any hoops.

13 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

Our first cruise was on the Carnivale in 1988... I don't even recall a card being given! I recall that we had a room key. Am I misremembering and they did provide a card back then? I know that we paid cash for a lot of stuff back then so all charges going to the S&S card started at some point after that!

We didn't have a card...everything was cash while onboard back then...and they gave us a conventional key for our stateroom.

I remember having to take $100s in American Express Travelers Checks back then just so we wouldn't have to risk carrying so much cash on us.

Garnett

We got credit for cruises on the Carnivale, Jubilee, Holiday and Ecstasy between 1987 and 1993 because I saved everything.  They accepted boarding photos, photos with Captains and photos taken at the gangway in the ports along with copies of the Carnival Capers and what passed for a Sail and Sign card for each cruise.  John Heald provided me with the contact information for the person to send them to (pre scanners), so I mailed everything off to Miami.  A few weeks later I received everything back in the mail and our cruise records were updated accordingly.  

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 6:35 PM, VentureMan_2000 said:

Well, it should be easy as I'm sure it was one of the Holiday class ships back in 1991,  My 1987 cruse was on the Jubilee... Carnival sold it in 2004.

What ship did you cruise on, in 1991 ?

It was actually the Tropicale, I had my wires crossed when I posted and realized it when I found our official photo.  All these years I thought it was the Carnivale but it turned out to be the Tropicale.  My apologies to all on this post.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 5:45 AM, RWolver672 said:

It's interesting that in our Cruise history, it lists in detail all of our cruises from 2000 on.  The one we took in 1999 is only listed as " 1 Cruises" and  7 VIFP Points.  It doesn't even have the year.

I have the same problem.  Actually, before they went to the VIFP thing, it was listed with folio and everything.  When they changed the format I just get 1 Cruise 1999.  I still have the cruise photos and card.  Of course, my other 18 cruises are listed properly.  EM

46 minutes ago, Out of Iowa said:

Does anyone think, based on their own similar experience, I have a chance at claiming my cruise credit nights at sea for Southampton, UK to New York in May 1967 on Cunard's Queen Elizabeth?  Today, Cunard is owned by Carnival.   

Unfortunately, the lines are operated independently of each other...and whatever days you acquired on a sister line (Cunard, Costa, Princess, etc.) do not apply to Carnival.  Hence, the days you spent on Cunard can't be applied to your VIFP day account on Carnival.

Garnett

I got credit for my wife and my first cruise in 1997 for our Honeymoon.  I didn't need anything other than to know approximately when we sailed.  I thought it was fantasy a little over a week after our wedding.  The rep looked it up and found them almost immediately, and then gave us our vifp numbers to use on our second carnival cruise (still upcoming in 2020).

On 8/31/2019 at 11:18 AM, Aplmac said:

You never saved your cruise cards? They take up too much space?  lol

You must have had one of these designs shown below.

BlueCards-926.jpg

WOW... I still have all my cards also. 46 of them... 3 cruises we had keys. First card was in 1995 for me. About to sail my Milestone 50 on Sunrise in 3 days.

Edited by carnival princess
duplicate please delete

BlueCards-926.jpg

WOW... I still have all my cards also. 46 of them... 3 cruises we had keys. First card was in 1995 for me. About to sail my Milestone 50 on Sunrise in 3 days.

Edited by carnival princess
duplicate please delete

BlueCards-926.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, carnival princess said:

WOW... I still have all my cards also. 46 of them...

3 cruises we had keys. First card was in 1995 for me. 

About to sail my Milestone 50 on Sunrise in 3 days. ===> Well done!

Thank you for saving your cards!

Every one of my cruise cards represents a great week/cruise of my life!

Well I just went and check to see if Carnival had all the cruises I had done down through the years, as well as other cruise lines, and they did. 🙂 Once gain, Garnett, thank you for your help in me finding out how to look this up. 🙂 I didn't realize I have taken 19 cruises so far, as I have been saying 15, but I was close.

1 hour ago, beshears said:

Well I just went and check to see if Carnival had all the cruises I had done down through the years, as well as other cruise lines, and they did. 🙂 Once gain, Garnett, thank you for your help in me finding out how to look this up. 🙂 I didn't realize I have taken 19 cruises so far, as I have been saying 15, but I was close.

Glad to help! 🙂

Garnett