Do you ever get tired of Xs customers ''been there done that ''culture

dolittle

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

We were going to chose that cruise, because it left on our anniversary and we love to snorkel.   We don't shop, we're planning on moving from CA to FL in 4 years. I'm not paying a moving company to schlep a bunch of crap. 

I understand completely about "schlep a bunch of crap"!  We're in the process of clearing out many years' worth of stuff in preparation for moving to a smaller house in less than 2 months.  It's a long and tedious process.

On 9/3/2019 at 12:06 PM, calicakes said:

A few posts mentioned not going to Nassau.  I'm curious, why?  We almost booked the Summit next year from Cape Liberty.  We didn't, we picked the holiday cruise to the canal instead. 

I think some folks feel hassled around the dock area by aggressive vendors, etc.  Some may think there's not much to do in the port.   We've been to Nassau a bunch of times and we enjoy walking around the historic and government area not far from the ship, and having a great lunch at a local place like Bahamian Cookin'.   (Conch fritters, yum!) Last time, we also went to the Ardastra Zoo; we thought seeing the famous Marching Flamingos would be hokey, but it was wonderful, as was hand feeding the lory birds.   Is it the best port ever?  No, but it's still worth getting off the ship, even to go have lunch.

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

I think some folks feel hassled around the dock area by aggressive vendors, etc.  Some may think there's not much to do in the port.   We've been to Nassau a bunch of times and we enjoy walking around the historic and government area not far from the ship, and having a great lunch at a local place like Bahamian Cookin'.   (Conch fritters, yum!) Last time, we also went to the Ardastra Zoo; we thought seeing the famous Marching Flamingos would be hokey, but it was wonderful, as was hand feeding the lory birds.   Is it the best port ever?  No, but it's still worth getting off the ship, even to go have lunch.

I had forgotten the name of this place.  We were looking forward to going there but on our last chance to see Nassau, we by passed the port because we had gotten slowed down by bad weather on the crossing.  I think Turtle, you were on that sailing also, (Silhouette TA 2018).  You had told us about it.

Edited by TeaBag

28 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I had forgotten the name of this place.  We were looking forward to going there but on our last chance to see Nassau, we by passed the port because we had gotten slowed down by bad weather on the crossing.  I think Turtle, you were on that sailing also, (Silhouette TA 2018).  You had told us about it.

Indeed we were, and we were looking forward to that lunch!  😃

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Royal C  stopped there many times, sometimes X too.

We found the Ardastra zoo not very well kept up,  very smelly..Long ride past razor wired homes ..tells you something.  Of course I got picked to march with the flamingos..hokey fun. 

Did a nice tour of historic  bldgs, fort.

Did not enjoy the straw market. Lots of junk.

We've been  hassled by annoying aggressive vendors coming out of the port as we walked to the Hilton.  Nice day pass there.  Next time, we'd go to Atlantis for the day.

• Like 1

The way some ppl feel about Nassau is the way I feel about Key West. I grew up in S. Florida. Made many, many trips to the keys. It’s very touristy and commercialized. We probably won’t get off the ship on our September 13th cruise on Equinox.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, calicakes said:

The way some ppl feel about Nassau is the way I feel about Key West. I grew up in S. Florida. Made many, many trips to the keys. It’s very touristy and commercialized. We probably won’t get off the ship on our September 13th cruise on Equinox.

I’m a Florida native as well and still love Key West. Just get off Duval and go down some side streets for food and drink. I will say that cruise ship passengers do change the vibe and not in a good way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swampbabe said:

I’m a Florida native as well and still love Key West. Just get off Duval and go down some side streets for food and drink. I will say that cruise ship passengers do change the vibe and not in a good way.

We  enjoy KW but stopped  there on the day of Fantasy Fest,,,a bit too out there for our taste!   

We had a quick lunch, shopped and went back on the ship...before the really wild stuff began.  Yes it may all be in fun but not our cup of tea! I can definitely say been there done that.,.,

Edited by hcat

On 8/30/2019 at 7:43 PM, dolittle said:

Just got off the eq last week and every one (and I mean every one ) is on their eight eq cruise or one very nice couple who told me about their cruise to Patagnoina . I know many people on all lines have done many but it seems that X is the king of the been there done it crowd. I am one of them but I must say it get a little old .Iwould love to meet some one who is new and high with enthusiasm for cruising and X.

Huh

i also can’t spoeey

Btw

i can wear any colour I want 

because use I am a lucky SOB 

mouse kissssssses

On 7/30/2019 at 6:24 AM, inforem said:

I know the topic of “chair hogs” has been discussed “ad nauseam”, but what about passengers that stroll up at noon (sea day) and “want” four chairs TOGETHER facing the sun, near the pool and complain  to the pool attendants?. Seriously? They start moving chairs around, banging on the chairs of resting or sleeping guest. When you get up to go to the pool or “heaven forbid” the bathroom, they run to the chair. 

I know I’m going to get flamed...go right ahead. These passengers (notice I didn’t say “guest” because ”guest” are usually wanted) are just as inconsiderate as “chair hogs”!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I feel blessed to be able to travel, but I don't like to hear all the complaining about how everything used to be so much better. Everyone complains about cuts in service, but no one wants to pay higher prices. Get real, the cruise lines have to make money or they will go out of business. Enjoy what you get, it is awesome!  I am happy for that cruiser that has a million points, but don't turn it negative with oh they don't do this or food is not up to par etc. Have fun!

• Like 1

Growing up, my parents both suffered from severe sea sickness so we never went on cruises. I'm going on my first cruise, which just so happens to be our honeymoon cruise, in November! Treating ourselves to a suite on the Equinox! Absolutely can't wait and I probably shouldn't keep looking at the pictures here of the ship but I can't help but be curious! 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keensie said:

Growing up, my parents both suffered from severe sea sickness so we never went on cruises. I'm going on my first cruise, which just so happens to be our honeymoon cruise, in November! Treating ourselves to a suite on the Equinox! Absolutely can't wait and I probably shouldn't keep looking at the pictures here of the ship but I can't help but be curious! 🙂 

Have a Great Honeymoon & First Cruise!!!

It is difficult to react to the OP's post.  I suppose one could be an apologist and say they are sorry for having been there and done that :).  Or perhaps one could simply lie and, when asked, say it was their first time on anything larger then a kick board.  But the reality is that there are many cruisers who have been there and done that...many times.  We fall into that category but love meeting folks who have done even more things so we can learn from their experience.  Quite a few of our trips are the result of info we learned from other cruisers/travelers.

As to being excited and enthusiastic about cruising, even after more then 40 years of extensive cruising we are "pumped" about every cruise and trip.  That is the reason we keep cruising and traveling.  Sure, it is a different kind of excitement that one feels the first time they step aboard a cruise ship.  In some ways its better because not only do we feel excited but also feel like we are home :).

Hank

• Like 2

There is always a few and if they start up we take off to the next bar to meet some more exciting people.  Love cruising we have had some great times.  Sailing Sydney to NZ on the Eclipse in Dec 2020 can't wait to meet some new friends 🙂