Riviera River Cruises

newcruisercw

Is that possibly because it is a new itinerary? Just suggesting, as Riviera Travel have extended their winter offers fairly recently. As they are in the UK might you get more info if you restrict your search to UK perhaps?

notamermaid

8 minutes ago, newcruisercw said:

not sure but it could be a new itinerary........thanks for the advice

Just to clarify. I have found the article again that I had in mind: https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/river-cruise-news/21434-riviera-river-cruises-expands-christmas-markets-cruises-for-2019.html

I was not quite right. The cruises were new last year with few sailings. According to the company they proved very popular so they had added more for this year. Even if it is marketing talk it sounds promising.

The ships I see sailing by them on the Rhine do look good.

I hope you can find the reviews that will help with the decision-making.

notamermaid

We have cruised on a Riviera travel river cruise and were so pleased we are off again in 3 weeks. 

Last year we tried Scenic and were disappointed with the cabin arrangements (in that the vaunted drop down electric window/balcony was actually on the exterior of the ship accessed via French windows from the cabin not part of the cabin as we had expected)Earlier this tyear another Riviera holiday we had booked was cancelled at short notice and we were offered a river cruise on WilliamShakespeare instead and we loved it. food was of the same quality as Scenic and the cabin French windows retracted fully so you had fabulous views cruising along .

Photos of the ship 

https://www.flickr.com/gp/jobloor/0kp31q