Nature Rhythm's Trio

Nickey Doo

You may want to check Roll Call for the 2020 World Cruise.  If anyone knows this information, it would be them.   Here is a link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2565492-2020-world-cruise/

P.S.  I have no clue why the paragraph above appeared.  Perhaps it is something new with Cruise Critic.  In any event, we used to love Nature's Rhythm but now walk out if they are playing before dinner because the music is so loud that no one can talk to each other.  Hopefully, it will be toned down for the WC

Edited by Travelcat2

37 minutes ago, xrvlcruiser said:

I find the volume of all the music all over the ship too loud including all the shows.

Peggy

Tell the Cruise Director that you think the venue is too loud.They are usually very responsive to your concern.

J

2 hours ago, JMARINER said:

Tell the Cruise Director that you think the venue is too loud.They are usually very responsive to your concern.

J

As has been noted, Regent has been told about the pre-dinner volume of music in lounges (and theater volume) many times.  I personally spoke with John Barron about it and it changed for a couple of days and then went back to overly loud music (the band was Nature's Rhythm).  IMHO, so many younger people (especially performers) have suffered hearing loss that they now require everything to be blasting.  For those of us that did not listen to high decibel music in the past have difficulty tolerating the loud music.  We can hear just fine but just not when they are playing (and the cocktail servers have difficulty hearing as well).

The last time we heard Nature's Rhythm, we were on Voyager - they were in the Voyager Lounge and we were walking down a hallway one deck up and the volume there was still loud.  Unless or until we start bringing up this issue, it will not be resolved (again, this is my opinion - others -- especially those with hearing loss may disagree).

9 hours ago, xrvlcruiser said:

If only that worked. I've tried for a long time, on a number of trips and still have the same issue.

Peggy

The loud volume of the music is one of my biggest complaints about Regent.  And why staff don't turn down the volume in response to complaints is even more puzzling.  IMO, because of the loud volume, lounges are usually at their best when the performers take a break.

Wearing over-the-ear headphones in the lounge or theater can block some of the volume, but that isn't a very comfortable or satisfactory solution.  Though, I think it might be interesting if someone wanted to organize a protest night and invite guests to show up wearing their Bose headphones just to deliver a message! 😇

Just a little story in regard to this trio-

I must confess that they are not necessarily my "favorite", while I enjoy listening to them, I just find that when they do an uptempo tune, they do it too slow for dancing. 

I cruised with them for the first time about 6 years ago.  When they asked for requests as they often do, I asked for "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas.  The response was, "that one is not yet available".

I cruised with them last year, and offered the same request, and got the same response.  I joked that I asked for this 5 years ago, and that is what they told me then.

A few nights later, I came into the lounge, and one of them said, "this man asked for a song 5 years ago, and we are going to do it now".

And they did!  They took the trouble to learn the song, which I thought was just great.  OK, the tempo they played it in was way too slow.  But we got up and danced to it, and thanked them profusely for being so kind.  

They are a class act!

Bob - thank you for sharing this story.  I feel that they are a wonderful group but their "sound" is ruined by the volume.  They have played soft, mellow background music in the past but, when they played on Explorer, the sound went up many, many decibels.  IMO, before dinner music should be mellow - not so loud that one cannot speak and be heard!

OMG, we have always been able to hear and we were on one year with another couple.  They are not "dead".  I feel bad because I know others like them.  If a few post negatives they will not get another trip.  They are great and they play just anything.

Maybe they can play anything but they need to play it at a volume that passengers can tolerate.  If they did not lessen the volume when the Cruise Director asked them to, I doubt if contacting them would make any difference.  

As most of us have indicated, the loud music in lounges and in the theater is a real problem.

• Haha 1

On 9/7/2019 at 10:53 PM, Caroldoll said:

OMG, we have always been able to hear and we were on one year with another couple.  They are not "dead".  I feel bad because I know others like them.  If a few post negatives they will not get another trip.  They are great and they play just anything.

With respect, I do not understand the point that you are making.  Who said anything about anyone being "dead"?  Is there something wrong with making the observation that lounge music in general is too loud for conversation?  Are you referring to my observation that they play too slow for my liking?  I am not making an argument, just trying to understand your point.

• 2 weeks later...