Double Upgrade Promo on website

snowglobe

7 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

Just noticed a Double Upgrade promo on several sailings.

You may want to revisit your bookings... it could work in your favour. 

Doesn’t look like it applies in the UK but that might yet come 

Just saw it on the Canadian website (CDN pricing). It has lots of sailings in that offer, for the Fall and a great many well into 2020 & 2021 - 199 Voyages in total.

https://www.azamara.com/en-ca/luxury-cruise-deals/double-upgrade

There are an Italy Intensive + a France Intensive in June on the Journey that would make for a very sweet b2b... 

Edited by snowglobe

1 hour ago, snowglobe said:

Just noticed a Double Upgrade promo on several sailings.

You may want to revisit your bookings... it could work in your favour. 

If my original booking was booked onboard with Discoverer Plus 7% discount, would I still get to apply this if I refared? (I am before final payment and my sailing offers double upgrade promo)

I know I need to call TA when she opens on Tuesday, but thought some experienced travelers might get me answer sooner- thanks

44 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

If my original booking was booked onboard with Discoverer Plus 7% discount, would I still get to apply this if I refared? (I am before final payment and my sailing offers double upgrade promo)

I know I need to call TA when she opens on Tuesday, but thought some experienced travelers might get me answer sooner- thanks

You certainly should; you can go online and see if the new prices are any better than what you booked at, before the 7% discount was applied.  I got a price drop and my onboard booking discount was applied to the newly refared price

I tend to book trips 1-2 years in advance in order to get the cabin/suite I want. I’ve had experiences on other lines where perks were added for new bookings and since it wasn’t past final payment date they were added 

My question is if you book a cabin/Suite with limited availability that sells out a year or more in advance will Azamara still add promotional perks. I don’t think you can reprice since there’s no open cabin/suite to compare to but if Azamara was running a $500 OBC booking promotion would they add it to my booking. Our cruise  isn’t until Sept 2020 and our cabin selection is sold out. Trying to figure out if I should keep checking Azamara sight for ongoing promotions. Plus I have the same issue for a June 2021 cruise I booked for Greece intensive.  Thanks for help 

Brian 

I was on the PerryGolf website last night and saw they were advertising the promo before it was on the Azamara site.  It's definitely something we'll keep in mind when we're onboard next month, as it puts the cruises we were considering at our price point.

ETA:  I just went to the Azamara site, and see they increased the prices.  Not surprising, but very annoying.

Edited by hiccups

HI- newbie to Azamara but booked for Africa in late 2020. The double upgrade appears to apply to my sailing. I can see the reduction in price for the veranda cabins ( same as OV or interior) but the club continent suite, which is supposed to be able to be booked at "veranda price", is $5000 for 2  more than any veranda price I have seen for the past 5 months ( I have been tracking the prices). Am I missing a step in order to achieve the "club continent suite for the price of a veranda"?

Thanks in advance, Susan

Sometimes these promotions don't include upgrades to CC. They seem able to sell those easily and don't need a promotion to fill them. 

We have found in the UK that has been the case. 

With so many points of sale with different conditions the system is complicated and restrictive!

2 minutes ago, manc said:

Sometimes these promotions don't include upgrades to CC. They seem able to sell those easily and don't need a promotion to fill them. 

We have found in the UK that has been the case. 

With so many points of sale with different conditions the system is complicated and restrictive!

HI- thanks for your reply - I agree this is confusing- my sailing is included in the below listing and if I work through a mock booking, the header for club continent suite states  "book for the price of veranda" but the price certainly isn't the veranda price:

"SAIL TO THE DOORSTEP OF THE WORLD’S MOST HIDDEN GEMS IN A RETREAT THAT’S TWICE AS BLISSFUL THAN YOU IMAGINED.

With our Double Upgrade offer, enjoy stateroom and suite savings across a wide selection of 2019-2020 sailings.

Enjoy balcony views as you island hop across the Mediterranean in your Veranda Stateroom – for the price of an Interior Stateroom. Rest from a day of exploring Israel’s archaeological sites with the extra amenities of your Veranda Plus Stateroom – for the price of an Oceanview Stateroom. Or journey past Amsterdam’s fabled mansions from your recently updated Club Continent Suite – for the price of a Veranda Stateroom.

Wherever inspiration calls, save on an upgraded stay when you book by October 31, 2019."

2 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Just looked at the new promotional price for a cruise I have been looking at for August 2020. With the “Double Upgrade”, the veranda is now $130 more pp than it was last month 😟

Yes one we have been tracking to book through the USA is $600 more.  

Probably explains why the sale is not currently offered in the UK as our Advertising Regulations would not allow it

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, uktog said:

Yes one we have been tracking to book through the USA is $600 more.  

Probably explains why the sale is not currently offered in the UK as our Advertising Regulations would not allow it

Prices have gone up on UK bookings within the last week or, at least on the cruises I am considering.  

2 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Prices have gone up on UK bookings within the last week or, at least on the cruises I am considering.  

I think that will be due to the fall in the value of sterling, but we will see

4 hours ago, floridafolks said:

Please let us know if they allow you to apply the double upgrade promotion--the T&Cs state new bookings only.  Hopefully being in the U.S. you can cancel the old booking without penalty if needed to get the new promo.

44 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Please let us know if they allow you to apply the double upgrade promotion--the T&Cs state new bookings only.  Hopefully being in the U.S. you can cancel the old booking without penalty if needed to get the new promo.

That’s if the “newly upgraded” base price makes it worthwhile, once the booking is totalled up...

• Like 1

Our cruise booked under the 30% off sale for Sept 2020 in a CC suite and booked a few months ago is cheaper than the new double upgrade promotion by more than $600. I hate the false promotions that play games with cabin pricing but most cruise lines do it to attract attention and hopefully new buyers that think they are getting a good deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mackdogmolly said:

All but 1 of the 5 cruise I am tracking for next summer are more expensive with the Double Upgrade, and the OVs are ridiculous.

Betsey 

No kidding! I happened to check on a cruise I am booked on next November 2020 in an OV cabin and my cabin went up from $4,900 to over 7,200. In addition, Azamara increased the price of the insides on that cruise even more so that people who have not been tracking prices would think that the double upgrade prices are such a great deal when in fact they are higher than they were yesterday before the promotion. 

I doubt anyone will get a cheap upgrade on a new booking, although it is possible that the verandas of some people already booked might have gone down on some cruises. So if the bottom line is what you want to pay, go for it.

I think most of us experienced cruisers are used to the games all the cruise lines play and don’t jump on them as enthusiastically if at all.

Edited by ptrpanpens
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ptrpanpens said:

No kidding! I happened to check on a cruise I am booked on next November 2020 in an OV cabin and my cabin went up from $4,900 to over 7,200. In addition, Azamara increased the price of the insides on that cruise even more so that people who have not been tracking prices would think that the double upgrade prices are such a great deal when in fact they are higher than they were yesterday before the promotion. 

I doubt anyone will get a cheap upgrade on a new booking, although it is possible that the verandas of some people already booked might have gone down on some cruises. So if the bottom line is what you want to pay, go for it.

I think most of us experienced cruisers are used to the games all the cruise lines play and don’t jump on them as enthusiastically if at all.

Yep, the couple cruises we were considering had the inside and OV prices jump up.  I will say that for one of them, to now book a veranda via the double upgrade is less expensive than it had been to directly book a veranda but Azamara raised the price of the inside by $600 PP from what it was yesterday.  I guess Azamara must think even if a small subset of customers watch prices and know about these games Azamara plays, there are others that don't, and that makes it worth Azamara's while to do it.

It seems these games are the industry norm.  Of the 5 cruise lines I've sailed I've booked an average of 18 months in advance.  I've re-priced them all when the latest "sale" came out between booking and final payment and have never had one go cheaper.  I have been able to add perks offered but not the cost of the actual cruise going down.  It's a double edged sword in that it makes me feel good for booking early but it is annoying that they make it sound like they are running this great deal only to find out its not so great.

• Like 3