Any repositioning transPacific cruises from West Coast?

I'm new to this (repositioning cruises).  Is the way to find about them to make a new posting?  Or is there a way to do an actual search of those that fit thec riteria I mentioned in the title of this post?  I understand one has to book quite early, even up to 2 years in advance!

17 hours ago, denny1700 said:

I'm new to this (repositioning cruises).  Is the way to find about them to make a new posting?  Or is there a way to do an actual search of those that fit thec riteria I mentioned in the title of this post?  I understand one has to book quite early, even up to 2 years in advance!

This forum is probably not the best place for this question, as it is so little visited due to the narrow focus of its premise.  Repo cruises are not "non-traditional", so your question, since you don't have a particular cruise line in mind, would be better placed on the "Ask a Cruise Question" forum.  I believe you can search travel sites, and many of the cruise lines' sites using the term "repositioning" to find the types of cruises you are looking for.  It is my understanding that particularly TransPac repos are not that in demand that you would have to book 2 years in advance.

The number of Trans-Pacifics has increased significantly, as more Alaska ships head to Asia/Australia than did 10 - 20 years ago. In addition to Alaska repositionings (Fall), you also have World Cruise segments (Jan/Feb & Aug).

For routes you can go South through the S/Pacific or North via Alaska/Bering Sea.

Agree with the Chief - you will get more responses in other Boards, unless you are also considering a cargo ship.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 9:53 AM, Heidi13 said:

The number of Trans-Pacifics has increased significantly, as more Alaska ships head to Asia/Australia than did 10 - 20 years ago. In addition to Alaska repositionings (Fall), you also have World Cruise segments (Jan/Feb & Aug).

For routes you can go South through the S/Pacific or North via Alaska/Bering Sea.

Agree with the Chief - you will get more responses in other Boards, unless you are also considering a cargo ship .. thanks,

how would you find out about cargo or freighter? for fall segment, north or south to asia..

Edited by erikedw

13 hours ago, erikedw said:

how would you find out about cargo or freighter? for fall segment, north or south to asia..

Cargo ships run their routes year round, unlike cruise ships.  Generally, they sell segments of their voyages, and you are restricted to those embark/disembarkation locations.  Unlike cruise ships, the freighters may often change itinerary, and that can happen mid-ocean, so pre-planning is tough.  Know that unlike a cruise ship, on a freighter you will be treated just like another officer (but with more restrictions on where you can go, etc), so self-entertainment, no frills at meals or bar, and generally no frills at all.

• Like 1