Del Mar Latino Beach Club

Jasonmom

It was renovated about 6 months ago. It does have a small beach, man-made beach area and steps into the water. It is adult-only and limited to 80 people.

Not sure when you are looking at going but there was a recent thread on here.someone We have bookings for December. If you go before then please report back.

On 9/3/2019 at 4:51 PM, c-leg5 said:

It was renovated about 6 months ago. It does have a small BEACH, man-made beach area and steps into the water. It is adult-only and limited to 80 people.

Not sure when you are looking at going but there was a recent thread on here.someone We have bookings for December. If you go before then please report back.

Sorry, should read “POOL”.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, 1Texansgo said:

Made a reservation for March. Walked past it in September and it looked fine. The day we walked by it was not crowded at all but Liberty of Seas was only ship in port. Would love to read a review.

Couldn’t resist the promotional rate and convenience! We are booked for December- will let you know!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got home last night. Was in Cozumel on Monday 11/4, and went to Del Mar Latino. I had a nice time. It was a quiet day, and there were only a handful of people there that day. Service was great, food and drinks good. The beach is man-made, with steps leading into the water. I liked the pool. Easy to have shade or sun. It was an easy walk from Puerta Maya or the International Terminal. Directly next door to Atlantis Submarine  Well worth the price, and I would go here again!

32 minutes ago, lab_love123 said:

Just got home last night. Was in Cozumel on Monday 11/4, and went to Del Mar Latino. I had a nice time. It was a quiet day, and there were only a handful of people there that day. Service was great, food and drinks good. The beach is man-made, with steps leading into the water. I liked the pool. Easy to have shade or sun. It was an easy walk from Puerta Maya or the International Terminal. Directly next door to Atlantis Submarine  Well worth the price, and I would go here again!

Great news - appreciate the review. We will be there in a couple of weeks,

We really enjoyed it! Went in early October. Maybe 20 people there the whole day, no loud music, food was good. Everyone was very nice. It was a very relaxing day. There are steps into the ocean however the water was very rough and it did not appear safe. The pool was cool and refreshing! Highly recommend!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 9:33 AM, lab_love123 said:

On 11/9/2019 at 4:53 PM, Tiffany18 said:

We really enjoyed it! Went in early October. Maybe 20 people there the whole day, no loud music, food was good. Everyone was very nice. It was a very relaxing day. There are steps into the ocean however the water was very rough and it did not appear safe. The pool was cool and refreshing! Highly recommend!

Agree with both previous posters. Enjoyed our visit this week and plan to return next. Very small, so hope it doesn’t become too popular!

Price cant be beat for AI,  no transport and adult-only. Attentive servers, small plates so you can sample several choices, or double up on favorites! Menu online.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, mfic246 said:

We had an amazing visit last week.  Only three couples were there all day and we had the place to ourselves for a while.  Great attentive service, cuban cigar shop next door.  Best day of our vacation.

Thanks for the feedback - not sure how long they can stay in business with only 3 couples visiting all day.

19 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Thanks for the feedback - not sure how long they can stay in business with only 3 couples visiting all day.

Since they are part of Del Mar and Nachi, I am sure they will adjust their model, if necessary. They have just re-allocated a part of the "beach" area that they had for hotel guests as a day beach club for outsiders, in just the same way as Playa Azul does. I think it is used for hotel events at night and I am not sure if that is open to non-guests or not.

We were there on Dec. 6 with only 4 - 5 other couples and had a great time, as Isidro kept the excellent food and drinks coming.  We got the promo rate of $29. PP.  Even at $39. PP it's a great deal for a relaxing day.  Taxi was $10. total each way.

1 hour ago, zounds said:

We were there on Dec. 6 with only 4 - 5 other couples and had a great time, as Isidro kept the excellent food and drinks coming.  We got the promo rate of $29. PP.  Even at $39. PP it's a great deal for a relaxing day.  Taxi was $10. total each way.

Thanks for the feedback - we may need to adjust our plans for our next cruise stopping at Cozumel and check it out.

52 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Thanks for the feedback - we may need to adjust our plans for our next cruise stopping at Cozumel and check it out.

I know you are a big fan of Nachi, John, just keep in mind there is no beach at this club. It is like a much smaller version of Money Bar with loungers on man-made beach area. Some people were disappointed by this but the website is quite clear on this. Deposits are non-refundable which is also clearly stated.

We didn’t snorkel but both times we visited people did snorkel but the water access is very slippy via steps. One improvement that could be made would be a better handrail. So far this is being marketed as adult-only with 80 person limit. I personally think 80 would be pushing it since there would not be loungers for everyone but as you can tell that isn’t a problem at the moment.

2 hours ago, zounds said:

We also enjoyed the $29 promotion, so basically one persons entrance was paid for by what we would have paid for a taxi. It is within walking distance of Puerta Maya and International, probably need a taxi from Langosta. We also had Isidro both visits and will certainly visit again when we are looking for a low-cost, no hassle, relaxing day.

One thing we noticed on our way back to International was a poster showing day passes to Park Royal slashed from $60pp to $30. Not sure if that is due to competition, season, or a timeshare ploy but certainly worth looking into because that is an excellent price for Park Royal AI.

Edited by c-leg5

• 1 month later...

Visited Del Mar last week. We were the ONLY people (2 of us) that had made reservations. Around midmorning another person came in to the club so there were three of us all day. It was a great day and since there were so few of us the service was non stop. We read, enjoyed both shade and sun and enjoyed their pool. Drinks were as strong or as weak as you wanted and the food was very good. We had boiled shrimp, coconut shrimp and nachos. It was all we needed but they kept asking us if we wanted more food. It is owned by the owner of Nachi Cocom and he also owns the Del Mar hotel across the street. I love the convenience of the club from the International Pier and will return our next time in Cozumel. I just hope they can generate enough business to remain open. Don't hesitate to try this place; especially if you are with a group or enjoy solitude!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, toras said:

How does one get the promotion? We are going there in a month.

Sorry, I think it was only an introductory promotion for about 6 months.

I first saw it on TA but then it was also on their website. Not sure if they will repeat it at times if numbers are low. We booked directly but you can pay at the gate if they have room. Regular rate is $39pp. As I mentioned above Park Royal also seemed to have a promotion last month.

Edited by c-leg5

• 1 year later...