updated best beach

cruisehome

On 9/2/2019 at 8:08 PM, cruisehome said:

have been reading and reading

would appreciate an updated suggestion for a nice  beach in Antiqua with a bar and chairs 

suggestion was pineapple beach with Scenic tours Antiqua

or Beach Limeritz

thank you

Beach Limerz....it is close to the port (10 minute cab ride) with uncrowded beach, very nice bar and excellent food. Barry and Gail, the owners, are wonderful people and will make you feel welcome. Beach Limerz feels like Caribbean beach bars used to feel like 20 years ago. Tell them Jim and Toni sent you! Here is the video from our day there in March.

p.s. you are not too far from us in CT! :)

19 hours ago, existentialtraveler said:

Beach Limerz

Thanks for posting. I too was looking at the hundreds of places to go for a beach day. Our family might check them out. Barry and Gail seem like they have beautiful smiles. I love supporting places like this!

3 hours ago, efussander said:

Thanks for posting. I too was looking at the hundreds of places to go for a beach day. Our family might check them out. Barry and Gail seem like they have beautiful smiles. I love supporting places like this!

You will love Beach Limerz. The video does not do it justice....so much better in person!

On 9/6/2019 at 6:34 AM, existentialtraveler said:

Beach Limerz....it is close to the port (10 minute cab ride) with uncrowded beach, very nice bar and excellent food. Barry and Gail, the owners, are wonderful people and will make you feel welcome. Beach Limerz feels like Caribbean beach bars used to feel like 20 years ago. Tell them Jim and Toni sent you! Here is the video from our day there in March.

p.s. you are not too far from us in CT! 🙂

Great Video!    We will be there in Antigua next month and wanted to try a beach we've not been to before.    This one seems to be just what we're looking for.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, shipknotshore said:

Great Video!    We will be there in Antigua next month and wanted to try a beach we've not been to before.    This one seems to be just what we're looking for.  Thanks!

I am glad you enjoyed the video.  Beach Limerz is one of our favorite places in the Caribbean. You will not be disappointed. Tell Gail and Barry that Jim and Toni said HELLO!!

I've never seen jet ski rentals anywhere on Antigua. There may be but I have never seen them, you can rent anything you want to drive around the island. 

I've never snorkeled on Antigua either, great beaches but not really set up for snorkeling, mostly for lounging with a book in the sun! 😊 Later

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2019 at 8:12 AM, TTEllis said:

Long Bay, Turner's and Darkwood been to all 3 they have everything you need for a great day at the beach. 

Any of those have any snorkeling? I've been to Long Bay... I think it use to be nicer than it is now.

On 11/7/2019 at 3:38 PM, beefilled said:

Any of those have any snorkeling? I've been to Long Bay... I think it use to be nicer than it is now.

Long Bay was the only beach I saw anybody snorkeling on the right(east) end of the bay, I was right there the snorkeling didn't look good to me.

Rented a chair and umbrella, drank Caribes all morning until we headed to Turners, Long Bay is a GREAT beach to walk and drink I did it was nice, nice people too. 

Turners swimming, sun, drink, water is KILLA, no snorkeling sorry chief.

Turners great location at end of a BIG bay that includes about 6 NICE beaches.

Darkwood GREAT beach, great bar wonderful water, no snorkeling sorry cuz. Sun, water, vibe are GREAT. No snorkeling. Have fun Todd

3 really NICE beaches, you can't lose.

Edited by TTEllis
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Long Bay was the only beach I saw anybody snorkeling on the right(east) end of the bay, I was right there the snorkeling didn't look good to me.

Rented a chair and umbrella, drank Caribes all morning until we headed to Turners, Long Bay is a GREAT beach to walk and drink I did it was nice, nice people too. 

Turners swimming, sun, drink, water is KILLA, no snorkeling sorry chief.

Turners great location at end of a BIG bay that includes about 6 NICE beaches.

Darkwood GREAT beach, great bar wonderful water, no snorkeling sorry cuz. Sun, water, vibe are GREAT. No snorkeling. Have fun Todd

3 really NICE beaches, you can't lose.

Thanks!! A great beach any day is a good day!!

I would like to also mention Beach Limerz, we are returning in 6 weeks and cannot wait - they never let it get overcrowded, the food is wonderful and the beach is fantastic.

If you speak with Gail, she will arrange a taxi from the port for you. As much as I would like to try other beaches/places, I know what to expect at Beach Limerz and it suits our needs perfectly.

On 11/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, Rob1966 said:

I would like to also mention Beach Limerz, we are returning in 6 weeks and cannot wait - they never let it get overcrowded, the food is wonderful and the beach is fantastic.

If you speak with Gail, she will arrange a taxi from the port for you. As much as I would like to try other beaches/places, I know what to expect at Beach Limerz and it suits our needs perfectly.

What is the price for a day pass?

3 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

What is the price for a day pass?

The price is 25usd per person up front. This pays for the bed and umbrella. The remaining money comes off your bar bill at the end. So when I went I believe the beds and umbrella for 2 was around 25usd and the other 25 came off the bar/food bill at the end. I think they charge up front for the reservation as they don't allow the beach to be oversubscribed. 

We will be returning in 6 weeks, we can't wait. 

Just now, Rob1966 said:

The price is 25usd per person up front. This pays for the bed and umbrella. The remaining money comes off your bar bill at the end. So when I went I believe the beds and umbrella for 2 was around 25usd and the other 25 came off the bar/food bill at the end. I think they charge up front for the reservation as they don't allow the beach to be oversubscribed. 

We will be returning in 6 weeks, we can't wait. 

Thank you!  It looks like the perfect place to spend the day!

• 3 months later...