Best Transport from hotel to Port Everglades

windan

Hi all. We are three adults staying at the Best Western in Ft Lauderdale before our cruise on the Magic on December 1st.  We don't want to take a hotel shuttle to Port Everglades. Can any of the experts out there please tell me what you have done in the past or what you feel is the best service to use?  We have FTTF so we would like to get to the port early. Thank you for your suggestions. 

36 minutes ago, windan said:

Hi all. We are three adults staying at the Best Western in Ft Lauderdale before our cruise on the Magic on December 1st.  We don't want to take a hotel shuttle to Port Everglades. Can any of the experts out there please tell me what you have done in the past or what you feel is the best service to use?  We have FTTF so we would like to get to the port early. Thank you for your suggestions. 

If you didn't have FTTF, I would recommend Carnival's transportation at $15.99pp. The reason I wouldn't recommend it with FTTF, is the bus will wait until it's full, and whenever you arrive at the terminal is when you board.

8 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

If you didn't have FTTF, I would recommend Carnival's transportation at $15.99pp. The reason I wouldn't recommend it with FTTF, is the bus will wait until it's full, and whenever you arrive at the terminal is when you board.

that seems like a lot more work to go back to the airport to get the Carnival transportation if they didn't have fttf  but  like you said they have fttf so that's a non starter

OP I would go with the above suggestions of lyft or uber or check with ridesas.com. They pick up at some hotels. I don't know if yours is one of them though.

Edited by Illbcruzn4life

6 hours ago, windan said:

Here is where you seek non Carnival forum related hotel questions for Florida

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

9 hours ago, jbethel11 said:

Even if they were coming from the airport (which they are not) I would not recommend paying for each person what it would cost for all three. 

Uber over taxi as the fare does not increase as you sit in traffic.

Uber/Lyft.  You can usually find a code to get a discount off your first ride, if you don't have an account.  And, since you'll have multiple people in your party, someone else can set up an account for the way back.  The person who set up the account for the first ride can share their code, and I believe you'll both get a discount on a future ride. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 6:51 AM, kskelley40 said:

We have used Super Shuttle to go from hotels to the port.  A little pricey but for me, well worth it.  I know exactly when they will show up and are very professional.  Worth checking them out.

Shuttles charge per person whereas taxis, Uber and Lyft charge per ride.  If you decide to go with a taxi you can request a van taxi for the same price as a shuttle.  Uber and Lyft vehicles come in different sizes too if, since you are a party of 3 adults, that would be better for you.

We just got back from our cruise on the Magic.  We stayed at the Hampton next door to Best Western.  The first shuttle wasn't until 10:30 and since we are priority we wanted to be there before then.  Scheduled an Uber XL for 9:30 am.  Definitely would recommend it.  Very smooth service.  We were checked in waiting to board by 10:05.  Boarding started at 10:40, so we wouldn't have even been at the port by then.