Free Upgrade Fantastica to Yacht club will we get any Benefits included?

glittergal1

Free Yacht club Upgrade

Before I get excited who can answer this from recent experience ?

With a Free upgrade from a Fantasica Balcony to a Yacht club deluxe suite on Seaview

do you get any of the benefits that go with the yacht club at all?

Or do you just get the cabin and a normal cruise card Not a yacht club one that gives you lift/sundeck/lounge access etc

Would we still have to eat in the normal dining room ?

and not be able to use the sun deck/lounge/restaurant etc

We have been given cabin 18001 on Seaview so if we dont get the Yacht club benefits Im not seeing it as much of an upgrade as its next to the restaurant and under the sun deck.

Has anyone stayed in 18001 who can tell me what its like please?

Im really hoping I can get excited so I can say MSC I love you even more today than I did yesterday 😍

2 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The majority have received the full YC experience. However, a few have reported they did not. Until you board you won't be certain. Report to the YC tent on arrival and hope for the full experience.

Yes thanks this is why I cant get totally excited as Ive read some didnt get the benefits , fingers crossed we will as it would be amazing 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

The cabin and bathroom will be slightly larger and I can't see how you'd be prevented from using the pool area, as a minimum.

just wondered if we would get a different cruise card a non yacht club one ? so we couldnt access the YC areas, or get thrown out if they see our card 

34 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

Free Yacht club Upgrade

Before I get excited who can answer this from recent experience ?

With a Free upgrade from a Fantasica Balcony to a Yacht club deluxe suite on Seaview

do you get any of the benefits that go with the yacht club at all?

Or do you just get the cabin and a normal cruise card Not a yacht club one that gives you lift/sundeck/lounge access etc

Would we still have to eat in the normal dining room ?

and not be able to use the sun deck/lounge/restaurant etc

We have been given cabin 18001 on Seaview so if we dont get the Yacht club benefits Im not seeing it as much of an upgrade as its next to the restaurant and under the sun deck.

Has anyone stayed in 18001 who can tell me what its like please?

Im really hoping I can get excited so I can say MSC I love you even more today than I did yesterday 😍

Wow ....Well done.

I know the reports are mixed, but there are certain benefits straight away so it will not be a bad thing either way!

CONGRATULATIONS

You could get a non YC card but it would need to allow you to access the enclave to get to your cabin, which is directly below the pool. I understand how they restrict the restaurant and drinks but don't see how they could the pool deck. Others may know differently though.

• Like 1

You need a YC card to get access to the cabin area, so you will be able to access the pool area (just walk up the stairs) which includes food. There is also a bar up there, and they will give you whatever drinks you want. They also do not 'card' in the Top Sail Lounge, so I would imagine that you would be able to get free food and drinks there. It is possible that the restaurant won't seat you because you won't be on their 'list'. 

• Like 1

Congratulations on your upgrade.

There are a good few folks who have benefitted from this - I'm surprised there is the capacity to upgrade folks, although appreciate late cancellations etc. allow the opportunity to do this. I want a turn though! |:)

Enjoy!

14 minutes ago, helenb said:

You need a YC card to get access to the cabin area, so you will be able to access the pool area (just walk up the stairs) which includes food. There is also a bar up there, and they will give you whatever drinks you want. They also do not 'card' in the Top Sail Lounge, so I would imagine that you would be able to get free food and drinks there. It is possible that the restaurant won't seat you because you won't be on their 'list'. 

Some YC upgrades have reported that they were not able to receive any drinks in the TSL as the staff knew they were an upgrade which didn't include the experience. Others have received everything.

As another poster did when they received their upgrade, ask for everything, assume it's included. If it isn't they'll let you know. Unless they advise at the beginning of your inclusions etc

2 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Congratulations on your upgrade.

There are a good few folks who have benefitted from this - I'm surprised there is the capacity to upgrade folks, although appreciate late cancellations etc. allow the opportunity to do this. I want a turn though! |:)

Enjoy!

Me too 😀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Some YC upgrades have reported that they were not able to receive any drinks in the TSL as the staff knew they were an upgrade which didn't include the experience. Others have received everything.

As another poster did when they received their upgrade, ask for everything, assume it's included. If it isn't they'll let you know. Unless they advise at the beginning of your inclusions etc

Given how the YC operates, I'm not sure how credible those accounts are.  Once you have access to the YC, you have access to the YC.  The staff already has too much on its plate to keep tabs on a single couple to prevent them from the YC benefits despite having access to the YC.

53 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

Wow ....Well done.

I know the reports are mixed, but there are certain benefits straight away so it will not be a bad thing either way!

CONGRATULATIONS

What would we get straight away? just wondering if we could even use the YC entrance to bard the ship ?

7 minutes ago, Beardface said:

Given how the YC operates, I'm not sure how credible those accounts are.  Once you have access to the YC, you have access to the YC.  The staff already has too much on its plate to keep tabs on a single couple to prevent them from the YC benefits despite having access to the YC.

I can't speak from personal experience but can report what other posters have said was their experience, and that was that they did not receive the full YC privileges.

5 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

What would we get straight away? just wondering if we could even use the YC entrance to bard the ship ?

This was the very question Nikki asked when she received her upgrade. Strongly advise to arrive at the YC tent and take it from there. At worst they say no and you'll revert to the check in you had. Hopefully, you'll be whisked onboard via the priority YC route, via a glass of bubbly and off to the TSL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I can't speak from personal experience but can report what other posters have said was their experience, and that was that they did not receive the full YC privileges.

I know others have said that.  I also know that there has been a tendency from shady travel agents and consumers to.... stretch the truth... when it comes to MSC to try and discourage people from booking with them in lieu of our more traditional US lines.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

I do not know for sure. But either way follow others advise and turn up all YC ready! 

What is the worst that can happen ...the cabin will be superior so you are ahead now already.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, citizenfrank said:

I do not know for sure. But either way follow others advise and turn up all YC ready! 

What is the worst that can happen ...the cabin will be superior so you are ahead now already.

That is the only issue I dont like the location  of the cabin it isnt in a position we would choose its one we would completely avoid . (I am hoping to hear from someone who has had this cabin so I will have no worries)  so If we didnt get any of the YC benefit or are unable to access any part of YC I wouldnt  see it as an upgrade if its a noisy cabin   . However We are going to think positive and have a Yacht Club frame of mind and keep fingers crossed for all that Yacht Club offers,  We are MSC ardent fans so I hope they  blow us away with YC 😃

17 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Are you sailing soon @glittergal1 You'll have to confirm how it goes.

We sailed with a UK couple last year who'd been upgraded and they received the full experience, fingers crossed you will too.

Which ship were the couple on? yes fingers crossed we are full YC we sail in November

Edited by glittergal1
added

We were on Preziosa, TA to Barbados in November.

Regarding location, as I just stated on FB, YC is a much quieter place than the rest of the ship so doubt they''ll be any noise. We're deck 18 on Seaside and I'm not concerned, although we're not directly under the pool. Edit - I think we are indeed under the sundeck!

Bea is on Seaview at present, it would be worth asking where her cabin was when they return.

Edited by CruisingFox27

2 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

This was the very question Nikki asked when she received her upgrade. Strongly advise to arrive at the YC tent and take it from there. At worst they say no and you'll revert to the check in you had. Hopefully, you'll be whisked onboard via the priority YC route, via a glass of bubbly and off to the TSL.

When we arrived on the transfer coach we saw our cases be taken to the Yacht Club area so when we got off the coach we decided to follow them...

and yes we got the full benefits as everyone on this board knows...

Just enjoy and go with the flow!

• Like 2

Once you are in you are in.  We never showed a card to access the pool or lounge.  In fact everyone on yc gets the drink package so we never showed a card for drinks.   That’s what is nice about yc. You don’t have to ever show a card.  Want a bottle of wine just ask.  Maybe.  Just maybe if you ordered some super expensive drink you might need the card. 

Maybe you won’t get a butler.  But that makes no sense either as someone has to clean your cabin and I doubt they would bring in a steward from outside just for that.  Maybe the mini bar will be empty. 

Post how the upgrade works out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Russ_MT said:

Once you are in you are in.  We never showed a card to access the pool or lounge.  In fact everyone on yc gets the drink package so we never showed a card for drinks.   That’s what is nice about yc. You don’t have to ever show a card.  Want a bottle of wine just ask.  Maybe.  Just maybe if you ordered some super expensive drink you might need the card. 

Maybe you won’t get a butler.  But that makes no sense either as someone has to clean your cabin and I doubt they would bring in a steward from outside just for that.  Maybe the mini bar will be empty. 

Post how the upgrade works out. 

We are so thrilled and excited we only got married last year so it will be like a second Honeymoon 

• Like 1

If your e tickets have yacht club luggage tags I think you’ll be good to go!  They will check in through the white tent and off you go enjoy, the yacht club is never crowded and really nice.

everything is included it is nice to walk the ship amidst all the crowds and then head back to the peace and tranquility of the yacht club.

• Like 2