Free Upgrade Fantastica to Yacht club will we get any Benefits included?

glittergal1

22 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

That is the only issue I dont like the location  of the cabin it isnt in a position we would choose its one we would completely avoid . (I am hoping to hear from someone who has had this cabin so I will have no worries)  so If we didnt get any of the YC benefit or are unable to access any part of YC I wouldnt  see it as an upgrade if its a noisy cabin   . However We are going to think positive and have a Yacht Club frame of mind and keep fingers crossed for all that Yacht Club offers,  We are MSC ardent fans so I hope they  blow us away with YC 😃

We’ve stayed in 18001. It is a normal YC cabin. No pluses or minuses. 

Please, please report back what happens!!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

We’ve stayed in 18001. It is a normal YC cabin. No pluses or minuses. 

Please, please report back what happens!!

Hi thanks for posting so was the location ok? no noise or intrusion from the restaurant?  or sun deck above?  just a bit concerned over the location its in a position we would never choose

On 9/3/2019 at 2:13 PM, Russ_MT said:

In fact everyone on yc gets the drink package so we never showed a card for drinks.   That’s what is nice about yc. You don’t have to ever show a card.  Want a bottle of wine just ask.

What about ordering a drink in a location outside the YC?  Will they ask for the card or do you pay for drinks outside YC?

Just came across this blurb in my research on MSC and the YC.  We are giving MSC a try in March after being long time Celebrity and NCL cruisers.  This did not come from MSC site but rather a popular site for deck plans and cabin reviews.

*Please note: In the event of a complimentary upgrade to this category, the guest will benefit from the stateroom upgrade only, excluding the content of the Experience. Upgrades are "stateroom only", and the Experience services will remain the same as category and Experience originally booked.

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

What about ordering a drink in a location outside the YC?  Will they ask for the card or do you pay for drinks outside YC?

You do need to use your card outside of YC but the drinks are included, you'll just receive a receipt with a zero amount. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Just came across this blurb in my research on MSC and the YC.  We are giving MSC a try in March after being long time Celebrity and NCL cruisers.  This did not come from MSC site but rather a popular site for deck plans and cabin reviews.

*Please note: In the event of a complimentary upgrade to this category, the guest will benefit from the stateroom upgrade only, excluding the content of the Experience. Upgrades are "stateroom only", and the Experience services will remain the same as category and Experience originally booked.

This is correct for upgrades excluding YC. Generally speaking if you're upgraded to YC you receive the experience too. 

Just now, CruisingFox27 said:

This is correct for upgrades excluding YC. Generally speaking if you're upgraded to YC you receive the experience too. 

Well it was on the Yacht Club page speaking directly to the YC experience so that's why I thought it might apply.  But I certainly take the word of experienced cruisers over text that could very well be out of date.  Thanks for the info.

21 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

Hi thanks for posting so was the location ok? no noise or intrusion from the restaurant?  or sun deck above?  just a bit concerned over the location its in a position we would never choose

No noise from the restaurant. About 10-15 minutes noise from deck above around 7 a.m.  not very loud; we slept through several days but we are normally up at 6 so not bothersome.  Most people seem to agree that the noise from above in deck 18 cabins is there but brief and acceptable. 

14 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

That is true generally but YC is more than an ‘experience’; it is a self contained location where cards are not presented. Other than dining, it would be difficult and awkward to isolate pax by experience which is why they generally seem not to - though there has been at least one report where they did deny. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

No noise from the restaurant. About 10-15 minutes noise from deck above around 7 a.m.  not very loud; we slept through several days but we are normally up at 6 so not bothersome.  Most people seem to agree that the noise from above in deck 18 cabins is there but brief and acceptable. 

thank you not too bad then

7 hours ago, KarenGretz said:

I'm also on the Seaside Oct 12th! Be sure and sign up for the CC mixer!

Already signed up.   MSC does the best meet and greet.

Are you in YC?

You should post in our roll call thread. 

On 9/3/2019 at 9:45 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

Some YC upgrades have reported that they were not able to receive any drinks in the TSL as the staff knew they were an upgrade which didn't include the experience. Others have received everything.

As another poster did when they received their upgrade, ask for everything, assume it's included. If it isn't they'll let you know. Unless they advise at the beginning of your inclusions etc

I don’t believe we have ever seen a report here on CC that denied YC benefits when pax received an upgrade.  Correct me if I am wrong.

22 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Some people have reported not receiving the YC experience, which they would be within their right to do but it does seem the exception rather than the norm. 

Can you please direct me to any post where people have reported not receiving the YC experience?? I know there is a lot of talk on this community of it happening, but I keep a reasonable eye on this community and facebook, and I have yet to read from someone directly that they have been denied the YC benefits when accepting a YC upgrade. All I've encountered is that others have 'read' it. 

I'm not saying that an account of not receiving YC has never occured, but I have never read it personally ,and am VERY interested to read one myself. 

On 9/3/2019 at 10:01 AM, Beardface said:

I know others have said that.  I also know that there has been a tendency from shady travel agents and consumers to.... stretch the truth... when it comes to MSC to try and discourage people from booking with them in lieu of our more traditional US lines.

Can you please extrapolate on what you mean by 'shady travel agents and consumers stretch the truth about MSC?"

I can't speak for all agencies (or consumers) but I regularly work with three separate agencies and have for over 20 years. One of the three flat out refuses to sell MSC any longer, not because this agency is shady, but because of their personal experiences with MSC. To summarize some of her concerns prior to severing the relationship (and each concern can also be substantiated by reading multiple review sites):

1) Extremely poor shore-side customer service

2) Greater than average unhappy customers

3) Inability to resolve concerns

4) Risk of identity theft for customers due to unsecured website.

I believe #4 was the straw that broke the camels back but I know she was very frustrated #1 and #3 also.   This occurred in 2014 (maybe 2015?), but unfortunately MSC is still operating an insecure website as warnings for identity theft went out again a few weeks ago. I'd go so far as to question the integrity of any agent selling MSC without informing customers of the above mentioned issues.

MSC is a very nice budget/vaule cruise line, but don't expect campaign on a beer budget as cuts have to be made somewhere. Certainly, there are very loyal MSC fans, but  it doesn't take a formal meta analysis of all reviews to see the trend that MSC gets poor reviews more frequently when compared to the competition.

Personally, I like MSC very much but align my expectations with the price paid. I will gladly sail them again (I sooooo wish I could capitalize on the 7 day $199 in a balcony deal that is going on right now), but only if priced substantially lower than the main stream lines.

My point in all this is that agencies that steer people away from MSC are not necessarily 'shady'. Some are trying very hard to do right by their customers. 

1 minute ago, CruisingFox27 said:

I'd not even know where to begin to search for those CC reviews I'm afraid. The MSC UK & ROI Group had comments this week when GlitterGal posted the same question on there from people who personally hadn't received the benefits when upgraded.

Thank you for the lead. I'm off to try to find glittergal's postings. 

There were 5 cabins upgraded to YC on Seaview yesterday and the concierge was adamant that they would not receive the benefits.  He said that the photos are in the system so the crew will know who the people are who are not to receive them.

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

There were 5 cabins upgraded to YC on Seaview yesterday and the concierge was adamant that they would not receive the benefits.  He said that the photos are in the system so the crew will know who the people are who are not to receive them.

WOW. If that is correct, then in some cases there are people “upgrading” from large balcony suites to inside YC cabins with ZERO change in amenities. That can’t last long.