Prices of Drinks?

Beth2293

I didn't find a recent answer via search, but I apologize if this is discussed repeatedly here!

We are trying to decide whether to purchase the drinks package, and it would help to know how much drinks onboard cost. It's hard to imagine us drinking $100/day worth between the two of us, but if they're expensive enough that might add up faster than we think.

33 minutes ago, Beth2293 said:

I didn't find a recent answer via search, but I apologize if this is discussed repeatedly here!

We are trying to decide whether to purchase the drinks package, and it would help to know how much drinks onboard cost. It's hard to imagine us drinking $100/day worth between the two of us, but if they're expensive enough that might add up faster than we think.

$6- $8 for beer, $12 or so for a glass of wine, about $10 for a mixed well drink, up to $15.00 for a martini. The UBP also includes water, fresh orange juice and specialty coffee drinks as well as some smoothies.  Very easy to hit $100.00 per day for 2. 

41 minutes ago, Beth2293 said:

We are trying to decide whether to purchase the drinks package, and it would help to know how much drinks onboard cost. 

An easier way to decide is by your drinking pattern - the break even point for the drink package is 4-5 alcoholic drinks/day.

Keep your itinerary in mind, too. If you have few sea days and plan to spend a lot of time in port, it might make sense to spend your money there instead. I believe the drink packages are good on Royal’s private islands, but they won’t get you cocktails in Cancun or rum in Jamaica. 

On on the other hand, if you’re spending a lot of time by the pool on the ship, you might go through a lot of poolside drinks.

1 hour ago, Beth2293 said:

The question of drink prices is a recurring topic and can be easily searched.  Several people have posted menu pics or even detailed price breakdowns for the various beverage offerings.  However, only you can decide if the drink package price paid is "worth it". 

What you need to remember is that the deluxe beverage package includes a wide variety of beverages...not just alcohol.  Bottled water is about $3.  Canned soda is about $4.  A specialty coffee (not Starbucks) can run about $5.  Then when you get to the alcoholic beverages (i.e., beer, liquor, mixed drinks, and wine) they can range from $6 to $15.  So yes...depending on your beverage(s) of choice and how much you plan to drink, it can definitely add up.

Edited by SuzD123

32 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I've never seen fresh squeezed orange juice included with breakfast. It's always been an extra cost.

Not if you have the deluxe package, I get my first $15 of the package in the books at breakfast every day on the O.J. alone, plus another $10 for a macchiato (with a shot of Amaretto) Already my drink tab for the day would be at $25 and it’s still 0900. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1

I just purchased our deluxe drink package at $48 pp It was $55 pp before this weekend sale.  If it drops lower on black Friday I will buy it at a lower price and refund back my credit card. I used $100 onboard credit towards it too. I got the deluxe and my husband got the deluxe with Voom. You need to call to get the packages this way as online you can only add 2 of the same packages. Also I was told if I do repurchase later I do not loose my onboard credit as they just apply it to the lower price packages. 

For us it is worth it. We are not big drinkers but drinks at the pool add up even if they are mocktails, fresh OJ in the morning, bottled water especially Evian throughout the day, speciality coffee multiple times a day, cocktails before dinner and wine or after dinner cocktail or coffee with a shot. Every time I order a drink I order a bottle of water too. This way I have for the cabin later

Edited by smokeykat
  • Like 1

We will be a party of 11 Brits aboard the Allure this October for a B2B. We all have the Delux beverage package so it will be a bit of a booze cruise!

It will be great not having to worry what our final onboard account will be. We'll easily cover the daily package cost by early evening, even on port days!

Can't wait😜

• Haha 1