Favorite items from Celebrity MDR?

LibrarianBecky

Just back from our first Celebrity cruise on the Silhouette and I found the standard of food on all the places where we ate (MDR,Tuscan Grille, Oceanview, Al Bacio and Mast Grill) to be very good.

Stand out items for me in the MDR was the Scallops Rockerfella, French Onion Soup, Blue Cheese Souffle, Beef Wellington, Sirloin Steak, Sea Bass, Crème Brulee, although I didn't order one (my wife and son did) the Lobster Tails looked very appetising.

I know there have been several posts from seasoned cruisers regarding the decline in the standard of food but I generally found the food to be of a very good standard, particularly the beef/steak dishes which were so tender and very very little fat/gristle

• Like 1

We’re just off the Infinity and my favorite main course was the lamb shank. Steak Diane was also excellent, and so was branzino. We were in the Med. but if we understood the chef (who made the rounds one night) correctly, it still comes from Miami (I.e., caught in Med., shipped to Miami, shipped to the ships).

This is the first we experienced the chef’s special, and the linguine with seafood was excellent as well.

My favorite first course was the kale salad. 

I wish I’d taken notes.

We both enjoyed the prime rib, the first night AND the last night! It was a 12-night cruise!