Express Pass on App

helen haywood

I’ve checked in via the Celebrity app before and both my DH and I received express boarding passes that said “Expedited Boarding.”  This time only my husband’s digital pass says “Expedited.”  But we both have the digital passes.  Any reason why we didn’t both get the expedited notation?  Can we both still go to the expedited boarding line?

I had a similar situation and the Summit.  We did check-in uploaded our photos, Xpress Pass was  digital but mine didn't say Expedited.  When we got to the port they said my picture wasn't acceptable because I was looking down.  So they retook my photo.  Interesting thing is I used that same photo for the Edge and it was good enough for that ship and I also used it for my India visa.  India accepted it and they are extremely picky.

On 9/3/2019 at 5:49 PM, helen haywood said:

You would think if the photo was not acceptable the app would tell you so.  Also, there seems to be no way to redo the Express Pass.  Oh well.

All three of our photos were not acceptable, apparently they want only head shots.   Person who checked us in just took new ones with the IPAD but yes the app should tell you just like when you deposit a check in the bank and it tells you the picture is not right. 

50 minutes ago, tkere said:

My pass says call on the side.  I am 50 days out.  Should I resubmit the phote?

Yes, you can change the photo as many times as you like, basically they just want a head & shoulders picture.

Edited by If only

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

How can you redo the photo?  When I go to the app and it automatically pulls up my next cruise, if I click on the icon that takes me to the Express Pass, there seems to be no way to edit it.

I found the only way to change the photo was to do in on your PC (not the App).   I did find that doing it on a PC was more restrictive than taking a picture using the app.    I tried using the same photo I had from the App and it told me the picture was too large.  

Once you modify the picture on your PC and save,  it will show up on the APP Express Pass.

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I found the only way to change the photo was to do in on your PC (not the App).   I did find that doing it on a PC was more restrictive than taking a picture using the app.    I tried using the same photo I had from the App and it told me the picture was too large.  

Once you modify the picture on your PC and save,  it will show up on the APP Express Pass.

We were also able to change our photos on our PC after we first took them on the app..  It was very easy and we could move the pics around to frame properly.  We just attached the same pics we used when renewing our passports, and they showed up on the app immediately.  I would hope we don't have to retake them since they were acceptable for the US  Department of State.