Too many Diamond and above

Hogbay

Hawaii to Sydney on Radiance 20th Sep 2019 , will have lots of Diamond and up so Starquest will also been made available and a specialty coffee added to your card ☺ Thanks to Jane LA 

Loyal to Royal.Thank you too

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hancock said:

Typical on a repositioning cruise.

Last TA on Symphony they had 24/7 specialty coffee at Promenade Cafe and the Spa added to the D perks, first time I ever saw that happen.   As usual for a TA they used Dazzles, Jazz on 4, the Attic and the DL every night for happy hour overflow. 

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Last TA on Symphony they had 24/7 specialty coffee at Promenade Cafe and the Spa added to the D perks, first time I ever saw that happen.   As usual for a TA they used Dazzles, Jazz on 4, the Attic and the DL every night for happy hour overflow. 

I was on that TA and wasn’t aware Dazzles was included. 

But then I never even visited Dazzles. We went to the attic every night and it was packed. 

39 minutes ago, robandana said:

We will be on the Radiance Vancouver to Hawaii and they are doing the same with the lounges and the specialty coffee.

Can anyone confirm if the specialty coffee voucher expires in the day or do they accumulate? Just curious....

Everything is daily and does not roll over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alfaeric said:

when we finally do one of these long trans-ocean repositioning, we will be pinnacle.  May help, a little.

2 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

How will it help?

I assume that s/he means that there will be superior alternatives for P.  🙄

9 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I love these pot stirring threads where the OP drops a grenade and runs away.

just my humble opinion and your mileage may vary

jc🥰

I didn't interpret OP's remarks as 'pot stirring'.  I, at first, was wondering if he thought the ship should limit the number of Diamonds allowed to sail on one ship at one time...LOL...but after reading the posting, I see he was just informing those on the cruise that more venues are going to open up for the evening Happy Hour.  I don't believe he was trying to be offensive, just informative.  It's nice to keep a positive attitude...sometimes hard to do...but not impossible.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Do at least 2-3 Cruises where they have to open another area   move Diamonds. Common. 

Maybe common but is it sustainable. ? One day they will have to have pineapple + .☺ people's life expectancy is increasing major problem for Government and pension funds too 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I love these pot stirring threads where the OP drops a grenade and runs away.

just my humble opinion and your mileage may vary

jc🥰

Wow ... you are a day behind as its my lunch break now and I'm  still at work and it's the 5th day of spring , do not have to run anywhere live in God's country.  Happy day  to you 😂

12 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Maybe common but is it sustainable. ? One day they will have to have pineapple + .☺ people's life expectancy is increasing major problem for Government and pension funds too 

People are living longer...but are they cruising longer?  I still don't see too many in their late 80's and 90's on cruises. The cruise lines are building bigger ships...perhaps in anticipation of more cruisers on board.  There's no crystal ball to predict the future...and I'm sure the Governments can figure out how to manage pension funds and health care for the aging population.  

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

I was on that TA and wasn’t aware Dazzles was included. 

But then I never even visited Dazzles. We went to the attic every night and it was packed. 

Dazzles was PINNACLE ONLY,  they are special.. We were also in the Attic every night.  Same couch, same chairs. Husbands off to the side getting appetizers. 

IMG_3503.thumb.JPG.6a8eaed91a52686d8f78112b1adfca54.JPG

6 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

...and I'm sure the Governments can figure out how to manage pension funds and health care for the aging population.  

Not the various US governments. 

Surely there will be another retool of the program in attempt to make higher status more expensive to achieve. But, I have a feeling that whatever they do, it won’t matter. People are going to cruise in ever increasing numbers and yes, the 85+ crowd on ships is growing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

Not the various US governments. <------------ that's just plain sad, IMHO

Surely there will be another retool of the program in attempt to make higher status more expensive to achieve. But, I have a feeling that whatever they do, it won’t matter. People are going to cruise in ever increasing numbers and yes, the 85+ crowd on ships is growing. 

I agree that people are going to continue to cruise as time goes on....but I don't feel that the % of over 85 yr old cruisers will substantially increase as time goes on.  The cruise lines are catering to babies, toddlers, youngsters so families can cruise together and hopefully gain new guests as they grow up. I don't see anything changed to cater to the aging population.  Most everything is geared towards the middle-aged, healthy, able person. It would be great to have stats on that.......

53 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Been watching it come for 2 Decades. 20+ yrs ago when Diamond was Top Tier, no Diamond+ no Pinnacle back then with at most about 6-10 of us on the Popular sailings on newer ships. Was no Diamond Lounge, we'd meet with Captain, Chief Engineer, Doctor, Cruise Director, and another couple Dept Heads. Dressed Formal, almost 1 to 1 in closed off the Crown Lounge for Drinks and a Meal. Was held at Tea Time, back when Royal did that... Overcrowding started the 3 Free Drinks happy hr..

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Yes, not true statistics but an article from The NY Times 

“The 85-and-over United States population, the fastest-growing cohort in the country, is projected to rise from 5.8 million today to 19 million in 2050.”

”By 2030, when all surviving baby boomers will be over 65, the report projects there will be 72 million seniors, about 20 percent of the population. (Seniors already make up 20 percent of the population in Germany and 21.5 percent in Japan.)”

• Like 1