Mykonos 3ish hour island tour, no swim?

joreey85

Has anyone recently taken an island tour of Mykonos that lasted around 3 hours, and didn't include a beach swim.  We will be there June 2020.  We don't mind stopping at a beach, but we don't want to swim.  The cruise excursions don't sound interesting to us.  We were hoping to find an alternative.  Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

Joreey: we haven’t cruised to Mykonos yet, but I am currently researching so thought I would weigh in since no one else has. You may have already found what you were looking for.......but just in case.......there are quite a few highly rated excursions on Trip Advisor (look under the ‘Things to Do’ tab) of the town, Little Venice, etc that last 3-4 hours without any actual swim time. Many of them allow you to customize the tour. Of course they are somewhat more expensive, but the reviews indicate it’s worth it!

Seeing sights such as Little Venice and the Windmills are an easy DIY.  There is also a small beach in town (no swimming necessary).  A tour might come in if there are sights you want to experience that are further away.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/15/2019 at 3:06 PM, CrazyJess said:

1.      Will it be easy to see Mykonos on our own? We rather prefer DIY tours if possible. Any particular suggestions? Thank you. Jess

There was a shuttle boat into Mykonos town as we got off the ship.  After that we just walked around.  The place is lovely.  We sort of followed the crowd and found ourselves in the Little Venice area and saw the windmills and a friendly pelican wandering the streets.  I think that we may well have done a couple of circuits but it was so lovely.  At one point we could see that we were getting out of town so we turned back.

We were able to paddle.  We could easily have stopped to swim had we wanted to.  Instead we had a beer!!  We walked back.  

Once back on the ship I could see that had we had kids there would have been plenty of time to get to a beach just past the ship.  It involved a bit more walking.

I really enjoyed Mykonos.

We will be there in May from 7 am to 7 pm. Are there any excursions or DIY things to do there for so long? Will probably have a good breakfast and get off the ship around 9 am.