Boarding Eclipse and dropping bags in room?

CulverCityCruisers

2 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Can you board Eclipse with your bags and drop them in your room and then go around the ship befor the rooms are ready??

Just off Equinox 2 weeks ago and they allowed bag drop off in your room before it was 100 % ready and it was GREAT!!

I was on the Eclipse earlier this summer and was not allowed to drop bags in the room before they were ready at 1:00.

That happened to us on Princess 2 years ago. We asked at the bar on the pool deck if there was somewhere we could put our bags/ They opened a roped area where a team member stayed with the bags. We could then walk around without lugging them until the cabins were opened. We did not check our luggage because we were told we could go directly to our cabins - not. 

We were on the Eclipse in May and they would only let us in our room once they announced the rooms were ready.  

We had a porter outside the cruise terminal take our larger piece of luggage (which is actually a carry-on-size) and it was delivered outside our room that afternoon.  We kept a couple of small pieces of luggage with us but they were very manageable.  

I would rather have a porter take our luggage and deliver to our room later in the day than to find out once on the ship that we could not put the luggage in the room before it's ready.  

1 hour ago, kokopelli-az said:

We were on the Eclipse in May and they would only let us in our room once they announced the rooms were ready.  

We had a porter outside the cruise terminal take our larger piece of luggage (which is actually a carry-on-size) and it was delivered outside our room that afternoon.  We kept a couple of small pieces of luggage with us but they were very manageable.  

I would rather have a porter take our luggage and deliver to our room later in the day than to find out once on the ship that we could not put the luggage in the room before it's ready.  

This is what you're supposed to do and is standard practice on just about all cruise ships! Just as when you pack the night before disembarkation and leave your suitcases out for pick up, only to retrieve them before going through customs dockside.

The ability to drop off your smaller carry-on bags is dependent on the ship but is generally not possible until the rooms are ready. On a recent (July) Oceania cruise, they announced that the rooms were ready starting with the Suite guests, then concierge and then deck by deck.

39 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Can this be done on Millennium and Summit now?

We did it on Summit last week, it was really nice walking around not having our carry ons....As someone else related I believe its available on the ships that have had the Revolution done. 

Edited by dkjretired

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

We did it on Summit last week, it was really nice walking around not having our carry ons....As someone else related I believe its available on the ships that have had the Revolution done. 

Thank you so much.  I wasn't sure if this was partly rumor.  I wanted to advise someone who is on their first sailing with Celebrity. and didn't want to give them wrong advice.

4 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Thank you so much.  I wasn't sure if this was partly rumor.  I wanted to advise someone who is on their first sailing with Celebrity. and didn't want to give them wrong advice.

Absolutely NOT a rumor !!  We just did it in Equinox 2 weeks ago.  Standards are changing and getting better.  THANK YOU Celebrity for making cruising better !!

Before I would advise anyone that it is across the entire fleet I don't know, that's why I asked about Eclipse as we are on her in just over a month a a half. 

Call Celebrity first to confirm which is what I plan to do as reports are mixed.  I think it might be only Revolutionized ships.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guindalf said:

This is what you're supposed to do and is standard practice on just about all cruise ships! Just as when you pack the night before disembarkation and leave your suitcases out for pick up, only to retrieve them before going through customs dockside.

The ability to drop off your smaller carry-on bags is dependent on the ship but is generally not possible until the rooms are ready. On a recent (July) Oceania cruise, they announced that the rooms were ready starting with the Suite guests, then concierge and then deck by deck.

As Bob Dylan said, "the times they are a changin"  for the better, because bag drop off in your cabin before totally ready IS happening

On 9/5/2019 at 10:28 PM, TeaBag said:

Can this be done on Millennium and Summit now?

We did it on Millennium last week... there was a sign on the door saying "Perfection in progress, grab your seapass, drop your bags and enjoy"

On 9/5/2019 at 6:06 PM, Guindalf said:

Oceania's situation is totally irrelevant to Celebrity. Oceania has a pre printed benefit structure that promises the time your room will be ready, yes, Suites first, then Concierge, then everyone else. People pay more for the benefit of earlier room access depending on your room category. Earlier access is considered a paid for benefit. I believe that no such situation occurs on Celebrity.