Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
mikkelhansen

The Big Deal - 1 free additional perk on "Sail" and "Sail Plus" September 5-19

Recommended Posts

On 9/5/2019 at 8:45 AM, mikkelhansen said:

Celebrity launched a 2-week promotion today, running September 5-18, 2019: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/weekend-cruise-sale

(official website promotion info) / http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/CEL_The_BIG_Deal_Offer_September_Update.pdf (TA-oriented info).

Essentially, you get a free perk on "Sail" (ie. 1 perk total) and "Sail Plus" (3 perks total) and up to 400$ stateroom savings - the promotion is not applicable to Suites and "Sail All Included".

Seems to actually be a "real" offer, giving a free additional perk without increasing the price. Just made a few mock bookings, and the stateroom prices with three perks are ridiculously low, when comparing to the normal running promotion.


We booked yesterday.  I have been looking for a cruise on Celebrity for a couple of months now and this was the first real "sale" I have found!  I was able to get my preferred veranda room + free perk and $100 on board Credit ( Reflection) for $120pp per day.  BARGAIN!

Edited by FlamingJune1967

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

 

Yes, I was told yesterday morning that the lower price was with the non-refundable deposit. I checked the website last night. The deposit was listed as refundable, no risk. I called again and spoke with a different agent. The lower price on the website was not honored, but I was given an extra perk because I only had two. The new promo is three perks. I have given up perks in the past for a good price reduction if the reduction was more than the cost of the perk.

 

Thank you Glendakayself. Are you with a TA or Celebrity? Will call my TA tomorrow and specifically ask for just the third perk.

Will get back about how it goes... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Glendakayself said:

 

Yes, I was told yesterday morning that the lower price was with the non-refundable deposit. I checked the website last night. The deposit was listed as refundable, no risk. I called again and spoke with a different agent. The lower price on the website was not honored, but I was given an extra perk because I only had two. The new promo is three perks. I have given up perks in the past for a good price reduction if the reduction was more than the cost of the perk.

 

One thing to try is to actually put the booking on hold then call in and get the Guest Invoice emailed to you.  You can check all the conditions on the invoice.  If the invoice doesn't specify NRD then I'm pretty sure you could hold them to it as you could just deposit it and cancel your other reservation.

 

I think some of the agents are not understanding that that you can now get the "no perks" "Sail" rate with a refundable deposit.  It's more than the non refundable one but you aren't forced to buy the 2 perks to get a refundable deposit.  And now they are giving 1 free perk with that.  It took me all afternoon yesterday to explain it to the agent who was filling in for my TA who was out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, prish said:

 

Just called our big box TA and the agent who answered said I can get the third  perk at no additional cost, my deposit remains $100 but now becomes non-refundable. I don’t believe this is true, plan on calling again tomorrow to see what they say. 

 

In the meantime would like to know if anyone of you has had this issue, our booking is with a refundable deposit.

 

Thanks in advance and have a great weekend 😊

 

I am not working with a TA. My deposit was already non-refundable so I can't speak to the rules on that. It seems others here have gotten the change and were able to stay as refundable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, prish said:

 

Thank you Glendakayself. Are you with a TA or Celebrity? Will call my TA tomorrow and specifically ask for just the third perk.

Will get back about how it goes... 

We booked directly with Celebrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

One thing to try is to actually put the booking on hold then call in and get the Guest Invoice emailed to you.  You can check all the conditions on the invoice.  If the invoice doesn't specify NRD then I'm pretty sure you could hold them to it as you could just deposit it and cancel your other reservation.

 

I think some of the agents are not understanding that that you can now get the "no perks" "Sail" rate with a refundable deposit.  It's more than the non refundable one but you aren't forced to buy the 2 perks to get a refundable deposit.  And now they are giving 1 free perk with that.  It took me all afternoon yesterday to explain it to the agent who was filling in for my TA who was out.

 

Calls for a lot of patience, also quite often the agent doesn’t really listen and just keeps repeating the same thing! Fingers crossed for my next attempt(s)... 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

One thing to try is to actually put the booking on hold then call in and get the Guest Invoice emailed to you.  You can check all the conditions on the invoice.  If the invoice doesn't specify NRD then I'm pretty sure you could hold them to it as you could just deposit it and cancel your other reservation.

 

I think some of the agents are not understanding that that you can now get the "no perks" "Sail" rate with a refundable deposit.  It's more than the non refundable one but you aren't forced to buy the 2 perks to get a refundable deposit.  And now they are giving 1 free perk with that.  It took me all afternoon yesterday to explain it to the agent who was filling in for my TA who was out.

The only option I am seeing on the website is a refundable deposit with two perks. The price is $200 pp less than what we have booked with a refundable deposit & two perks. I was told that what I am seeing on the website is not accurate and offered an extra perk without raising my price. The first time I called, I was offered the NRD with 3 perks for a higher price. I have always handled my own reservations with no problem, but it is becoming very confusing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prish said:

Glendakayself, you said it, extremely confusing!!!

So confusing, 

The prices for our March Summit cruise have been all over the place.

I believe it was a mistake, but here's the deal I got with the last sale.

 

4B79FB9F-D45C-4415-BBA7-D6F2F7368E1A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the cheapest we have ever paid for a cruise. And it’s a very expensive time to travel (Canadian March Break) That price is about $440 US per person. Wow. Yes, it’s an inside, but the price was too good to pass up. 

I called and added all 4 perks ( this was the Black Friday sale a few weeks ago) for a total price of $2062 Canadian. I had to call to get the perks added. 

If I tried to add the 4 perks online the price was $3900. I think the price I got might have been a mistake. 

Now, with this new sale, the price with one free perk is almost $3000. 

Up and down pricing like I’ve never experienced before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have gone to always viewing available rates on the website of one of the large online cruise TA's.  Now try to find these rates on the Celebrity site!  Let alone book it online.   They are all available for booking however you book, but you have to know they exist and they change from time to time.

 

It really helps, for example you can see that a refundable deposit is costing $248 pp than NRD.  Going from 1 to 3 perks is $330 pp.  But that last perk will cost you $348 pp!

 

image.png.fe77b620075b302292d0a5403a2b25ec.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, son3cruisers said:

That is the cheapest we have ever paid for a cruise. And it’s a very expensive time to travel (Canadian March Break) That price is about $440 US per person. Wow. Yes, it’s an inside, but the price was too good to pass up. 

I called and added all 4 perks ( this was the Black Friday sale a few weeks ago) for a total price of $2062 Canadian. I had to call to get the perks added. 

If I tried to add the 4 perks online the price was $3900. I think the price I got might have been a mistake. 

Now, with this new sale, the price with one free perk is almost $3000. 

Up and down pricing like I’ve never experienced before. 

Last year we snagged an 11 day cruise for $600 pp!  We were up on deck 11 with all the aquaspa folks - so I felt posh by association (lol!) That was our first interior room since I made the leap to veranda a few years back, but we made the best of it - and had the best steward EVER!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, FlamingJune1967 said:

Last year we snagged an 11 day cruise for $600 pp!  We were up on deck 11 with all the aquaspa folks - so I felt posh by association (lol!) That was our first interior room since I made the leap to veranda a few years back, but we made the best of it - and had the best steward EVER!

That’s a great deal!

We are hoping to be able to maybe bid on an upgrade closer to sail date.

Also, even though that screenshot says GUARANTEED we were able to pick our room.

Going to try one of the new insides added after refurb ( if we don’t score an upgrade!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have been planning to go on a TP cruise in 2020 for quite some time, and looking to choose either the Millennium or the Eclipse from Vanc-Tokyo for 15 nights in Sept 2020. I was keeping an eye on the prices for this year's TP with the same itinerary on the Millennium, which departed yesterday. Prices of course fluctuate a lot, but the best I saw AQ for was on the 6th June for $93.70 pp/n including gratuities. So I was hoping to do the same thing for 2020, check the prices regularly and snag either ship for a similar amount sometime mid next year

 

Onto Thursday morning, and I was looking at the Celebrity website at about 4am EST, as you do. I thought that looked like an OK deal with the free perk and $200 off (which was pretty much the same as the Labor day deal), but realized it was a fantastic deal when you clicked all the way through and saw that adding 2 additional perks (3 total) cost an extra $0 per person 😛

 

As we were planning to get Wi-Fi anyway for the 2 of us, I was hoping to pay around $120 pp/n at most. The price on the site worked out to be $3843 total, including Grat, Wi-Fi, & Classic Beverage Package - or $128 pp/n for A2. Concierge Class was working out $1,000 cheaper with the same perks for $96 pp/n

 

After talking to the GF a few hours later, we decide to go ahead and book it. Check the website, prices gone :(. I did call up Celebrity and mention that I saw this very good price earlier and was wondering where it had gone! The rep said he definitely knew of the mistake that they had on their site and IT was trying to clean it all up, asking was it ok to put me on hold to see what he could do. He came back a few minutes later and said they would honor it, so long as we booked right now ($900 deposit and non refundable). This sounded fine to me, as we had already been planning it and so we are now booked in A2 on the Millennium departing Vancouver on the 11th Sept 2020. It appears that at least other 1 person in this thread will also be on it!

 

Looking forward to our first cruise with Celebrity and also hoping for the prices to drop in the meantime to get upgraded/OBC/$$$ off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pmarrsouth said:

We have been planning to go on a TP cruise in 2020 for quite some time, and looking to choose either the Millennium or the Eclipse from Vanc-Tokyo for 15 nights in Sept 2020. I was keeping an eye on the prices for this year's TP with the same itinerary on the Millennium, which departed yesterday. Prices of course fluctuate a lot, but the best I saw AQ for was on the 6th June for $93.70 pp/n including gratuities. So I was hoping to do the same thing for 2020, check the prices regularly and snag either ship for a similar amount sometime mid next year

 

 

 

Onto Thursday morning, and I was looking at the Celebrity website at about 4am EST, as you do. I thought that looked like an OK deal with the free perk and $200 off (which was pretty much the same as the Labor day deal), but realized it was a fantastic deal when you clicked all the way through and saw that adding 2 additional perks (3 total) cost an extra $0 per person 😛

 

 

 

As we were planning to get Wi-Fi anyway for the 2 of us, I was hoping to pay around $120 pp/n at most. The price on the site worked out to be $3843 total, including Grat, Wi-Fi, & Classic Beverage Package - or $128 pp/n for A2. Concierge Class was working out $1,000 cheaper with the same perks for $96 pp/n

 

 

 

After talking to the GF a few hours later, we decide to go ahead and book it. Check the website, prices gone :(. I did call up Celebrity and mention that I saw this very good price earlier and was wondering where it had gone! The rep said he definitely knew of the mistake that they had on their site and IT was trying to clean it all up, asking was it ok to put me on hold to see what he could do. He came back a few minutes later and said they would honor it, so long as we booked right now ($900 deposit and non refundable). This sounded fine to me, as we had already been planning it and so we are now booked in A2 on the Millennium departing Vancouver on the 11th Sept 2020. It appears that at least other 1 person in this thread will also be on it!

 

Looking forward to our first cruise with Celebrity and also hoping for the prices to drop in the meantime to get upgraded/OBC/$$$ off

 

We'll be getting off when you are getting on. We'll keep a light on for ya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are booked in a veranda cabin for our Alaska Cruisetour in May 2020. If I can get a deal on an AQ cabin we'd love to upgrade, so when I got the email from Celebrity about this latest sale I did an AQ mock booking and it came out about $200 less with 3 perks than what we are paying now which includes 2 perks. I took a screenshot and sent it off to my TA. She couldn't find the same deal so after a lengthy conversation with Celebrity she was also told it was a mistake and that it would cost us $500 more to upgrade to AQ and get the 3rd perk.

 

But, we could keep our existing veranda cabin, pay $43 more (total, not per person) and get the 3rd perk. Since the 3rd perk we wanted was the prepaid gratuities ($210 for our cruise), I took it. Now we have the classic drink package, $300 OBC and prepaid gratuities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me repeat, don't take a screen shot, put a cabin in the same category you have booked on 24 hr hold.  Then call your TA or Celebrity depending on where you booked with that reservation number and just say "look it up!".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Let me repeat, don't take a screen shot, put a cabin in the same category you have booked on 24 hr hold.  Then call your TA or Celebrity depending on where you booked with that reservation number and just say "look it up!".

 

 

Can you do this on their website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, when you do your mock booking and get to the payment summary screen, just hit the Celebrity logo in the upper left corner of the screen like you want to return to the home page.  The following popup will appear.  When you put it on hold it will appear in your profile under the tab "Courtesy Holds".  If you don't deposit within 24 hrs it just automatically cancels.  You may get a call from a Celebrity Cruise planner offering to help you complete the booking.

 

image.thumb.png.dcd02261658e8004afad11bd4fe3e511.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the email Thursday and did a mock booking for our 12-night March 2020 Australia cruise. I had booked AQ on board the Eclipse last month when they had the 4 perks free promotion with a $100 pp NRD.  I was able to save $2300 (total, not each) by eliminating one perk ($300 OBC) and I didn’t have to increase my deposit. The new drink package is Classic, not Premium so I can upgrade to Premium for $144 each if I choose to. If I choose to do that, I’m still $1700 ahead. It’s a no-brainer. I called my (big box) TA and they took care of everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 7:45 AM, mikkelhansen said:

 

Seems to actually be a "real" offer, giving a free additional perk without increasing the price. Just made a few mock bookings, and the stateroom prices with three perks are ridiculously low, when comparing to the normal running promotion.

 

 

Thank you mikkelhansen. Your posting just saved me $990 and added a free third perk to our current booked C3 cabin on the 2019 15 Night Argentina & Chile Holiday sailing (a week before the balance payment was due). I notified the TA and the adjustments were made. All is well. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had booked the Summit for 12/14/19 on the 28th of September with that big box agency in NH, and reserved a 2A with two perks and big box gave us the third. When the new “sale” started on 10/5 the price went down $250 with the addition of the third perk from Celebrity and still the extra from big box. On Friday, the price of a A2(Aqua) was lower than the 2A balcony cabin with one perk. Called agent at big box and rebooked with one perk (drink pkg) and one perk from big box ($300 obc which is more than the gratuities would be). 

The kicker is, I was told this is a non refundable deposit, but final payment is Monday 9/9, paid in full.

Cabin is an aqua, rear facing, with 2 perks and a much lower price then early last week! A Celebrity sale that really worked to our benefit.

 

Hal

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a October sailing which I paid for in full a few weeks ago.  Am I out of luck to get an additional perk added?  I booked through Celebrity.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AZcruisegirl said:

I have a October sailing which I paid for in full a few weeks ago.  Am I out of luck to get an additional perk added?  I booked through Celebrity.

Thanks.

In general you'll not get a price reduction after final payment, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to contact Celebrity and ask for the additional perk, since it's marketed as being free. But I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Please report back with your result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your response.  I did call Celebrity and unfortunately did not have any luck.  At least I can say I tried!  I’m looking forward to my Cruise.  It will be our 1st sailing on Celebrity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...