Amber Cove and Grand Turk questions

lilchief27

As a part of the Carnival Breeze 10/5 sailing, we will be in Amber Cove on Mon, Oct 7 and Grand Turk on Thu, Oct 10.  There are 2 places at these ports that have really piqued my interest. 

1) Amber Cove:

If you are on Google Maps there is an overlook called Mirador Senator Puerto Plata. Google Maps says it is only a 10 min walk from the cruise port, which I believe is a bit underestimated. There seems to be a walking path that runs along the shoreline, as seen in several photos. Has anyone walked to this overlook? Google map Amber cove cruise terminal to Mirador Senator Puerto Plata I just want to be certain we can walk there safely, 

2) Grand Turk:

Can you walk down the beach from the cruise terminal area to the Mega One Triton shipwreck? I have read that it will be removed soon & we'd like to walk /swim around it. No, we will not get too close nor will we attempt to climb on it. It looks like a portion of the beach is blocked by an industrial pier/area. So if we cannot walk straight down the shore line, is the "detour" on the shore/road easy to do? 

Thank you!

For the shipwreck in Grand Turk...if you walk all the way down the beach to where the industrial pier is you can get in the water and swim under the pier to the other side.  We were in Grand Turk last December and stopped at Jack's Shack (not too far from that pier on the beach).  My husband was out snorkeling (not much to see apparently) and swam under the pier to the shipwreck.  Not sure if this is against any "rules" but no one said anything to him.

Thanks HangryGirl. I really wondered if it was possible to just go under the pier. When we were in GT last October there was no activity going on in / around that industrial pier. We set up for the day right in front of Jack's Shack so the pier was close by but there was a big STOP sign on the beach. No stop signs in the water though :)

Edited by lilchief27
clarity