Sea Princess South Seas cruise

Sailaway from Pago Pago was beautiful. It was very hot and humid though.

Five lovely sea days now! 😊

Great entertainment, excellent food, and we're enjoying indulging in some lovely European wines with dinner (and staying well within budget). 😁

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

We have this cruise booked in 2021 (ridiculous I know - but it’s an addiction 😳) so following with much interest - love it all.

How are you finding Sea Princess - was she looked after by all those ‘Worldies’??

Rose 

Edited by Porky55

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Sailaway from Pago Pago was beautiful. It was very hot and humid though.

Five lovely sea days now! 😊

Great entertainment, excellent food, and we're enjoying indulging in some lovely European wines with dinner (and staying well within budget). 😁

Good stuff, glad you are enjoying it.

Just now, Porky55 said:

We have this cruise booked in 2021 (ridiculous I know - but it’s an addiction 😳) so following with much interest - love it all.

How are you finding Sea Princess - was she looked after by all those ‘Worldies’??

Rose 

She's in reasonably good condition. A few leaks in public spaces when we had some serious rain a couple of days ago. They constantly maintain the ship. We're really enjoying her, we love this class of ship.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

She's in reasonably good condition. A few leaks in public spaces when we had some serious rain a couple of days ago. They constantly maintain the ship. We're really enjoying her, we love this class of ship.

Wife and I cruised on her 6 years ago and she was having water leak problems, toilet problems and some smells then. Seems like nothing's improved. Still enjoyed the cruise except for MDR - food definitely below par.

The MDR food is great on this cruise, possibly the best of all the Princess cruises we have done. It so much depends on the Executive Chef and how good he manages the galleys. The menus are standard ones but quality and presentation have been excellent. I had a couple of the dishes that were very poor on Majestic last November and they were perfect on this cruise.

We are taking the family to PNG in Dec on Sea Princess, so will decide for ourselves then. But still really loving keeping up with this South Sea cruise.

But agree with you OzkiwiJJ, have been on a number of different ships now and notice a remarkable difference at times within the same cruise line. We put this down to the people running the show (ship).

Just like any business, if it is run well and your staff are happy, well managed and know where and when things are meant to happen - this is felt by the customer and is seen in the end product.

Can’t wait to board Sea Princess actually ...... last cruise was on Diamond, lovely ship 💎💎

Edited by Porky55

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The MDR food is great on this cruise, possibly the best of all the Princess cruises we have done. It so much depends on the Executive Chef and how good he manages the galleys. The menus are standard ones but quality and presentation have been excellent. I had a couple of the dishes that were very poor on Majestic last November and they were perfect on this cruise.

Great news, I love food, especially if it is good.

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And that is the truth, how the Exec Chef runs the show.  Some care, some appear not to.  I hope Majestic Princess tucker in February/March is acceptable, I am still getting over the rubbish they served up on Noordam a couple of months ago.😮

Edited by NSWP

It took an hour to get through immigration, although it was done onboard thank goodness. The queue started in Crooners, went down to the Princess Theatre, back through the Wheelhouse Bar, through Crooners again and on to the Vista Lounge. It did move fairly quickly but even so it took a long time.

33 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It took an hour to get through immigration, although it was done onboard thank goodness. The queue started in Crooners, went down to the Princess Theatre, back through the Wheelhouse Bar, through Crooners again and on to the Vista Lounge. It did move fairly quickly but even so it took a long time.

We have had that on arrival in Hawaii. On one cruise, a lot of people didn't get through until 11.30. We went ahead of our allocated time of 7.15 but even so didn't get through Immigration until around 10am. We missed our privately-booked tour so picked up a tour on the dock.

We had a similar situation for our arrival to Hilo, they also had the sequestration so they only had a few immigration officials onboard.  We had a ship's tour booked  (Helicopter over the volcano only $30 more than doing it privately but included transfers) in anticipation of the delays getting off the ship and it a it was moved several hours later and we were rushed through ahead of others. Subsequently, my afternoon tour had to be cancelled as I would not have been back in time. Full refund and some extra OBC as compensation.