Dog Sledding in Tromso or Alta, Norway ?

Mibele

1 hour ago, kaisatsu said:

https://www.visittromso.no/en/book/dog-sledding

We booked a tour very similar to this one: https://www.auroraalps.no/winter-buy-2-activities-get-northern-light-basecamp-for-free/dog-sledding-0930-1500-aurora-alps I think it’s actually the same company, but they’ve changed names.

Thank you Kaisatsu!  

Kaisatsu - I had a look at the site and noted a "moderate" activity level.  Do you remember how much actual walking you had?  I"m assuming the activity level is really just the speed of the dogs and possibility of turning out of the sleds?  🙂

10 hours ago, Mibele said:

Kaisatsu - I had a look at the site and noted a "moderate" activity level.  Do you remember how much actual walking you had?  I"m assuming the activity level is really just the speed of the dogs and possibility of turning out of the sleds?  🙂

We talked it over and couldn’t really come up with much that had physical requirements. You do need to be able to stand behind the sled for a long period (though it was possible to trade off between musher and passenger). Being out in the cold for a long time could be a concern for some. Maybe if you accidentally fell into deep snow and needed to get out?

On our tour there wasn’t a lot of walking or other activity. While it may be a bit tiring for our parents in their 70s, we’re pretty sure they’d still manage without much problem.

16 hours ago, Mibele said:

I had a look at the site and noted a "moderate" activity level.  Do you remember how much actual walking you had?

We did the dog sledging tour in Kvaløya near Tromsø - no physical activity at all and we were a couple sitting in the sledge and the driver standing behind - believe this what is what normally is offered - indeed moderate and very little walking - however the short walking was in deep snow - I think the offering is the same for Trømsø and Alta.

below a picture and a short video and a picture of the 'couple on the sledge - drivers are the guides..

P1001639.JPG

On 9/7/2019 at 8:37 AM, hallasm said:

We did the dog sledging tour in Kvaløya near Tromsø - no physical activity at all and we were a couple sitting in the sledge and the driver standing behind - believe this what is what normally is offered - indeed moderate and very little walking - however the short walking was in deep snow - I think the offering is the same for Trømsø and Alta.

below a picture and a short video and a picture of the 'couple on the sledge - drivers are the guides..

P1001639.JPG

Thank you!!  Looks like a great time!  

On 9/7/2019 at 2:59 AM, kaisatsu said:

We talked it over and couldn’t really come up with much that had physical requirements. You do need to be able to stand behind the sled for a long period (though it was possible to trade off between musher and passenger). Being out in the cold for a long time could be a concern for some. Maybe if you accidentally fell into deep snow and needed to get out?

On our tour there wasn’t a lot of walking or other activity. While it may be a bit tiring for our parents in their 70s, we’re pretty sure they’d still manage without much problem.

Thank you!!  I don't think there really will be a problem.  🙂 Just cold for us Southern California girls (but at least I grew up in Michigan, so I'll survive lol)