Craft gin - probably only of interest to Brits.....

claranda

For your information, I went via my booking agent with my gin request to Seabourn. They asked how many bottles I wanted (good start) but said they may have to charge me (not so good). I said I’d bring it myself (you can take one bottle of booze each on board apparently), but I may stick to the Margaritas as (unlike many of our American cousins) I can’t tell one tequila from another!

This American would love to have the opportunity to try new gins and to have Fever Tree tonic available - even my tiny grocery store in my tiny town of 3000 in New England carries it.  Personally I favor Dingle Gin and Edinburgh Gin.  Both lovely but not likely available from Seabourn.    

I am American - I enjoy and prefer Fever Tree tonic and have for some years - we have several restaurants here that serve it. I would be anxious to experience craft gins (not particularly available on this side of the pond). We will be in Dublin for some days this month - might craft gins be easily available in pubs there?

12 minutes ago, arzz said:

I am American - I enjoy and prefer Fever Tree tonic and have for some years - we have several restaurants here that serve it. I would be anxious to experience craft gins (not particularly available on this side of the pond). We will be in Dublin for some days this month - might craft gins be easily available in pubs there?

Go and enjoy, over 100 craft Gins

https://ginpalace.ie/

On 6 September 2019 at 10:52 AM, claranda said:

I'm on a two week cruise on Odyssey in October and looking forward to everything except their dire gin offerings. Is it worth asking for a bottle of a special gin for the cabin do you think, and if so, can anyone suggest a gutsy new gin that they'd be able to source relatively easily. We'd love a Yorkshire gin, but asking them to get a bottle of Hooting Owl or Rare Bird Rhubarb (mmmm...lovely) may be a bit difficult.

Claranda - I have had a reply from Seabourn Club. They say that if I want to request a special gin for our room fridge I can do, but it may incur a charge. I replied that I would like to see more gins available in the bars for everyone to enjoy. So if you want to request one, they will see what they can do. They also say that Fevertree tonic is available in all bars.

Margaret

29 minutes ago, margbem said:

Claranda - I have had a reply from Seabourn Club. They say that if I want to request a special gin for our room fridge I can do, but it may incur a charge. I replied that I would like to see more gins available in the bars for everyone to enjoy. So if you want to request one, they will see what they can do. They also say that Fevertree tonic is available in all bars.

Margaret

I’ve requested this too but it was met with people don’t want it. So the more people that request.... maybe the message will get through 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, margbem said:

Just got some Fevertree after a call in Malta. Have commented on the poor g&t's and look at what was in our room last night!

IMG_1842.JPG

Nice touch. Better than the response I got on Odyssey last year.  More or less like it or lump it not international taste. I see they didn’t really grasp that you preferred fever tree looking at that table though!   Let’s hope I get the same treatment on Odyssey in a few weeks in the Caribbean 😁. Will screenshot this in case they need a reminder.  

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, auldlassie said:

Ah Margbem, your photo has given me hope for decent G&Ts on my Xmas Soujourn cruise. 🙂 

The best place to get a decent gin was in the Club. Samantha, the bar tender there did us fantastic ones. Not impressed with the "home made" special in the Observation bar. Tonic made from quinine powder and fizzy water? Who thought that one up? It was undrinkable!

On 10/9/2019 at 6:26 PM, margbem said:

Just got some Fevertree after a call in Malta. Have commented on the poor g&t's and look at what was in our room last night!

IMG_1842.JPG

Well, I mentioned the name ‘Margaret’, their eyes glazed over, and this was the result! A bit puzzled that ir was the Safety Manager who asked what accompaniments we’d like...4B93E169-37BF-4600-ABE0-BFC211039CB5.thumb.jpeg.3a6d24ead1d97fd7255fce6f0985af42.jpeg

52 minutes ago, claranda said:

Well, I mentioned the name ‘Margaret’, their eyes glazed over, and this was the result! A bit puzzled that ir was the Safety Manager who asked what accompaniments we’d like...4B93E169-37BF-4600-ABE0-BFC211039CB5.thumb.jpeg.3a6d24ead1d97fd7255fce6f0985af42.jpeg

Oh my word. I think we will be banned from Seabourn in the furure!

Edited by margbem
Spelling