Upgrade email but no "let's get you upgraded" page

Waverunner1

I booked through a T/A. At 79 days out I received an upgrade offer email with an upgrade link from my T/A and bid on multiple categories. I do not, however, have the let's get you upgraded page at myncl.com. I can only access the upgrade page through my T/A's link. Wondering if this is normal? Last year I booked through the same T/A and got the myncl upgrade page but no email...strange or norm?

2 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

Having less freedom of movement and restriction of options when you lock yourself in to a travel agent is totally normal.

Not.  Maybe something is wrong.  I can send a quick email to TA to get things done vs waiting on phone for NCL.

Its the norm for a T/A. I've had friends tell me that their TA would not honor a lower price outside final payment and that they do not participate in the bidding system for their guests. I think it just depends on the TA you use but its why I use a PCC, he has usually always responded within 24 hours to my emails unless something is happening that disrupts everything like Cuba or Dorian. 

7 hours ago, dexddd said:

Not.  Maybe something is wrong.  I can send a quick email to TA to get things done vs waiting on phone for NCL.

Oh yeah?  Until you're actually standing on an NCL ship talking to a purser who's telling you something's changed on your itinerary but he can't talk to you about it because you booked through a travel agent, who happens to be not answering his phone because it's a Sunday.

Then ... not so quick.