Royal Caribbean excursions

bfsoar2019

This is my first cruise and I need some suggestions for your favorite Royal Caribbean excursion in Cozumel. My boyfriend and I are both 22 and open to any suggestions. There are just some many its overwhelming. Please tell me about your favorite one on this island and why. We will be on Harmony of the Seas in November.

Cozumel is easy to do on your own - you do not need to take a ship excursion.  Taxi fares to the popular tourist spots are posted on a board near the cab line for your peir - prices are in US dollars (no need for pesos) and cover up to 4 passengers in the cab (so pair up with others from your roll call and save $$ for more margaritas!).

As an island most of the attraction involves the water or the beach.  Do you want to snorkel?  Scuba? Fish? Swim with the dolphins?

Do you want a quiet beach for relaxing, or a lively party amospere?  All inclusive or pay as your go?  Check out Paradise beach, Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom and others.

Or maybe try the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour and visit some fun and funky bars and see the wild side of the island visited by far fewer tourists.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Cozumel is easy to do on your own - you do not need to take a ship excursion.  Taxi fares to the popular tourist spots are posted on a board near the cab line for your peir - prices are in US dollars (no need for pesos) and cover up to 4 passengers in the cab (so pair up with others from your roll call and save $$ for more margaritas!).

As an island most of the attraction involves the water or the beach.  Do you want to snorkel?  Scuba? Fish? Swim with the dolphins?

Do you want a quiet beach for relaxing, or a lively party amospere?  All inclusive or pay as your go?  Check out Paradise beach, Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocom and others.

Or maybe try the Cozumel Bar Hop Tour and visit some fun and funky bars and see the wild side of the island visited by far fewer tourists.

We have done the Cozumel Bar Hop and plan to do it again in December. It's a lot of fun, and I really don't even drink much! The bars are unique beach bars that you can pretty much only see on this tour. You'll have a wonderful time, not matter what you decide. It's a fun port.

• 2 weeks later...

An excursion we don’t recommend- fishing!  The boat was crowded, lines got tangled.  DH was one of the few people to catch a fish.  I gave up early and enjoyed just laying in the sun on top of the ship.

an excursion we recommend- 4 wheelers.  Super fun, and they had automatics, so that you didn’t need to worry about using a clutch and shifting 🙂

DW and I have done Cozumel twice - we enjoyed the San Gervasio Ruins and Playa Mia Beach Break excursion. I would NOT recommend the Island Traditions tour that does the chocolate factory, honey, and tequila tasting. The chocolate factory was the best part of it and it's literally next door to Playa Mia. The honey was interesting and the tequila tasting was nothing but a sales pitch for Mi Mexico Lindo tequila (check them out on TripAdvisor and there's some allegations of bait and switch where the tequila you taste isn't what you end up getting).

• 2 years later...
On 9/25/2019 at 11:25 AM, garnetpalmetto said:

DW and I have done Cozumel twice - we enjoyed the San Gervasio Ruins and Playa Mia Beach Break excursion. I would NOT recommend the Island Traditions tour that does the chocolate factory, honey, and tequila tasting. The chocolate factory was the best part of it and it's literally next door to Playa Mia. The honey was interesting and the tequila tasting was nothing but a sales pitch for Mi Mexico Lindo tequila (check them out on TripAdvisor and there's some allegations of bait and switch where the tequila you taste isn't what you end up getting).

Did they take you to three different locations for the Island Traditions tour?  If so, did the honey and tequila parts take place?  Royal Caribbean says the tour is 4 and a half hours long.  Celebrity says the same tour is 3 and a half hours long.  Seems pretty long for a tour like that.