ISLA VERDE BEACH

rabbit72

I am apologizing in advance if this has been answered in other threads, I've tried to look for my answers.

I've researched the beaches and for the amount of time we have in SJ Isla Verde is what we're looking for.  I know I've read that you can rent chairs & umbrellas on this beach but was wondering about food & drinks?  Would we be able to get food & drinks served to us or is there a place nearby that would serve us?  Also, what is the rules on bringing your own alcohol on the beach, is it allowed or no?  Thanks for info. 

All beaches in PR are public so you'll have no problem bringing anything you'd like to the beach. There's one vendor at the end of Tartak street that does chairs and umbrellas, although I don't remember pricing. I think there's another one but I'm not 100% sure so I'll leave that one out. There's a beach bar across the street from where you rent the chairs in Tartak St. called Alambique. Another option is a small strip mall within 5 minutes walking from the beach with a Burger King, Church's Chicken, Domino's and Mi Casita (local food). About two more minutes away there's a Wendy's, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and Los Gorditos (local). There's a CVS in between both places where you can get alcohol and other stuff. It's about 20 minutes from the pier in Old San Juan and taxi should cost around $20 per trip (not per person) up to 5 passengers.