best excursions to do from Puntarenas?

poss

That's where Regent will be stopping, and when I look at the variety of excursions (all included in price of cruise), I'm overwhelmed.   I'm hoping that some of you who know that part of Costa Rica well might suggest some of the most interesting things to do and see.    (We're not into zip lines, but tram would be fine.   We like nature, don't like shopping.)

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

We have done the aerial tram. Did it when Mom was 92. Tram OK, saw only birds. Fed Iguanas at visitor/gift shop area. Did it once. Second trip there, just wandered around port area. Flea market type, with street restaurants.

44 minutes ago, poss said:

Thanks for replying.   Hoping for more input.

I don't know if you'd be interested in the same excursion we've organized for Nov 23rd in Puntarenas...

I really think this will be the best of my Panama Canal cruise (we are on Vision of the Seas).

The tour includes: 

• Crocodile Safari & Mangrove boat tour, Capuchin monkey, macaw, complimentary fruit tasting/lunch and so much more..It lasts 7hr-8hrs / pickup at the port. This tour company is ranked #1.
  • It is dble the time of the excursion offered by the ship, a fraction of the cost - of course, and more stuff included!
  • They offered a special price for our cruise Critic roll call -Nov 23rd.

Multiple people from our Roll Call joined yesterday!

Let me know if this would be of interest to you / have any question!

I know how you feel... it's hard to find the right tour... 

Do you have a stop in Guatemala - puerto quatzal? Any tour in mind. (I am still trying to figure out something myself...:(

Enjoy your cruise!

Ann

Edited by Tweety_abc3
clarification

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:13 PM, poss said:

That's where Regent will be stopping, and when I look at the variety of excursions (all included in price of cruise), I'm overwhelmed.   I'm hoping that some of you who know that part of Costa Rica well might suggest some of the most interesting things to do and see.    (We're not into zip lines, but tram would be fine.   We like nature, don't like shopping.)

Thank you.

We are going on a Celebrity Cruise and are using Odyssey Tours for an excursion in Costa Rica.  Here is the website:   http://odysseytourscr.com/  We have used Odyssey Tours for a number of tours in the past - they are fantastic and reliable and highly recommended by TripAdvisor.   If you would like details feel free to contact me at:  annebrooks@sympatico.ca

• 2 months later...

On an upcoming cruise, I have the option of a  couple of different excursions to the crocodile safari riverboat . One excursion goes via bus to the river boat and back, and the other takes you on a train ride, then bus to riverboat. Has anyone done these excursions?  Is the train ride nice? Or is it better to go straight to the riverboat safari?