What Regent cruisers may want to know about Crystal

Travelcat2

23 minutes ago, Snore42 said:

I'm shocked people buy anything from the in cruise stores, unless they truly need something they forgot at home or are just burning on board credit.   

The jewelry can be had for cheaper on land.  The other stuff in the gift shops you can find on Amazon for half  of the cost in the Regent store.  With having wifi on board, I've checked a few times when we've seen something of interest.  

Agree with you 100% but if I buy it on Amazon half price, I have to use "real" money:classic_wink:

1 hour ago, Roland4 said:

I'm sure people buy these necklaces, but in 20+ cruises on Serenity I can't say we have even been in the jewelery shop, and I suspect we are not alone! 

I regularly go into the jewelry shop and look.  Sometimes, I'll point something out to Mrs FT and say "Would you rather have that or another half-dozen Crystal cruises?"

Somehow, the jewelry always is the second choice.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

I regularly go into the jewelry shop and look.  Sometimes, I'll point something out to Mrs FT and say "Would you rather have that or another half-dozen Crystal cruises?"

Love your reasoning!

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

Have to admit we have looked in the windows, but it has been my Better Half who has commented she would rather go on a World Cruise!!😁

On 9/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, Mudhen said:

We've been on ships for probably 40 years or more and have enjoyed and had a great time on little, cheapy, cruises ( Chandris Amerikanis,  Bermuda Star, etc) to pricey ones like grill class QM2 AND the Explorer.

OMG- never see a reference to the Americanis so can't resist poking my nose into this thread. That was our very 1st cruise back on our honeymoon in 1986! We were clueless, picking the ship because it conveniently departed on the Monday following our wedding lol. Old ship, but amazing staff. Departed from San Juan and being a small ship we were able to dock at a different island every day. Looking back, can now appreciate how fortunate we were to experience the Caribbean in its more pure, non-touristy state. 

• Like 1