walker on cable cars in SF

One of my huge bucket list items is to go on the cable cars in SF.  I was there over 40 years ago and they were not running and have not been able to get back until now.  I use a rollator/walker, can I fold it and go on the cable cars?  I can get around somewhat without it, but certainly not enough to walk around before/after my ride.  I really would appreciate your help with this.

Thanks

The only way to know for sure is to contact them -->  SFTMA-contact page  If you have Twitter, they have real-time help during daytime work hours.  @sftma_muni 

Some questions to consider:  How mobile/agile are you?  What is the size of your folded-down walker? Is it small enough to not be in the aisle  (e.g. Folded bikes are not allowed on cable cars).  Is your walker only to help support you when you walk? Are you otherwise agile enough to manage the large steps up and down to get on/off the cable cars?

The picture Scott provided should give you a good idea if you'll be able to manage. 

• 3 weeks later...

If it’s on your bucket list, then go for it!  I recommend going to the start of the California line.  Go earlier in the day as the afternoon gets crowded.  Go and find one of the many employees who will be hanging out there and tell them what you want and that you want to get on the next car.  They sit there for a while before they depart so you should be able to have some extra time to board.  Don’t try to get on the touristy lines (Powell and Hyde) as it is super crowded and they really won’t have the time to help you.  The downtown start of the line is on California near Drumm or Davis.  The other end is at either Polk or Van Ness.  You will need to have folks with you to help as here are a few big steps to get up on to the cable car.  This line passes right by Chinatown and in my opinion has better views than the touristy lines.  When I lived in SF and had friends visit, I took them to the California line and they always loved it!  Enjoy!