Cruise Critic Community
dsegel

Specialty Reservation Question

8 minutes ago, ORV said:

I thought I explained this in my last post. Do you have me on ignore? It's not rocket science folks. 

Some make it more complicated than others 😅

On our booking invoice from our TA just below the itinerary it says "Speciality Dinning" and shows our reservations open October 14, 2019 for our December 28, 2019 sailing.  We haven't made final payment yet only a deposit for a PH3.   

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

My travel agent sent me a en email reminder that tomorrow is 60 days before our cruise and to make specialty restaurant reservations. I assume since I am on the west coast I can go online around 9:00 PM tonight and make the reservations?

I think so!  That will be midnight here on the east coast which is reservations open for your room category.

1 hour ago, carlsbadguy said:

My travel agent sent me a en email reminder that tomorrow is 60 days before our cruise and to make specialty restaurant reservations. I assume since I am on the west coast I can go online around 9:00 PM tonight and make the reservations?

We're on the Left Coast and, yes, that's been said enough times that I believe it 🙂  But 9PM sounds WAY better than midnight, doesn't it?

18 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I would recommend not logging in until 9:01 PST. 9:00 may or may not get you in.

I read that also.  I'll be online and pawing the ground 🙂

I was able to go on at 9:00 PM PST and make my reservations. Could not get a table for 2 at Polo any of the nights I wanted so picked a shared table for that night. 

9 pm is way better than my pre 5 am alarm call this morning to make reservations from the UK!!

Pre 5am in the UK??     I have never even thought of doing that and always get the bookings I want..   For this year's August cruise I went on line on the appointed day in June at a civilised hour and booked four tables at the times I wanted.   We like to eat at 7.30 so perhaps this isn't such a popular time?    There are certainly quite a few tables already occupied when we arrive in the restaurants.    J

On 9/8/2019 at 2:44 PM, dsegel said:

We just got back from the Marina.  I believe seating times were 6:30 - 9:30 on the half hour.

When i booked on the marina a few niggts ago the choices were 6:30, 7:30, 8:00, 8:30.

For some reason 7pm did not show up as an option for any restaurant  for any of our 14 nights.

There were no 7:00 PM bookings listed for any for the  specialty restaurants any of the nights. 

3 minutes ago, carlsbadguy said:

There were no 7:00 PM bookings listed for any for the  specialty restaurants any of the nights. 

7:00 is THE most popular time.  Perhaps all of those reservations are already spoken for.  

We booked our reservations 75 days out. There were no 7:00 bookings listed. 6:30 then 7:30. 

Where 7:00 bookings are typically available is on 7 day cruises were the first seatings are at 6:00 and the second seatings at 7:00.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:31 AM, ORV said:

It's not just the servers available, it's the reservation timing. If I go in at 6:30 odds are I won't be leaving until at least 8-8:30. There are people reserved for 7:00, 7:30, 8:00 8:30 etc. If they filled all tables when the restaurant opens then the people reserved at those times would not have a table to be seated at. 

Nor could the servers serve those tables the way you'd want.

On 9/8/2019 at 10:28 AM, Paulchili said:

I don’t see a problem with that as long as everyone gets their allotted number of reservations.

I think that the one who pays the fare of an owner suite should get the EXTRA reservation over the one that has paid for an inside; likewise someone who has spent money with O for 30 cruises should get that extra reservation over the one on their first O cruise (who may or may not return).

Do you want that little extra attention or a little special treatment? Get an upper suite or sail enough with the line to have high loyalty level - it’s common sense and it makes sense to the companies (cruise lines, airlines, hotels, etc).

Loyalty should be rewarded in all business models.

Plus 1, agree 100%

On 9/8/2019 at 11:46 AM, dsegel said:

Ha, ha, I know we always do.  What i mean is do they give their butler an extra tip for getting them a reservation.

I'd think not, but at the end of the cruise if service was what you except--bigger tip if more than you except-that's how we do it.

When one couple can make their online reservations earlier than another couple, what is the procedure for linking those together so they share a table ?

1 hour ago, Tranquility Base said:

When one couple can make their online reservations earlier than another couple, what is the procedure for linking those together so they share a table ?

I would probably call Oceania  or ask your TA to link them up

Whomever can book first might try the ADD A GUEST  link in the dining tab  see if you can do it that way

You might  talk to the Reservations desk onboard  to be sure  you are sharing the table