Which other lines honors the Princess Capt. Circle Status?

Bwana Tom

You can do status match on MSC but unless you are highest level on Princess, they will not honor it to their highest level.  But it is worth a 5% fare discount...  Princess & P&O-UK used to combine points, but I think they stopped that.  EM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

Not aware of any other line other than MSC.

Rumor is that HAL will accept you as a past passenger (no other status) but that didn't happen to me.

Yes, HAL will honor Princess passengers as prior passenger (automatic 1 star).  It happened to my husband, but not to me (we both are ELITE on Princess). 

47 minutes ago, towhee said:

Yes, HAL will honor Princess passengers as prior passenger (automatic 1 star).  It happened to my husband, but not to me (we both are ELITE on Princess). 

And that sure gets you a lot of perks on HAL.  You can even have lunch on embarkation day  LOL.

Hank

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

You can do status match on MSC but unless you are highest level on Princess, they will not honor it to their highest level.  But it is worth a 5% fare discount...  Princess & P&O-UK used to combine points, but I think they stopped that.  EM

Princess Elite matches to MSC Black (their highest) status as of last March when we status matched.  Any status match - even the lowest - enrolls you to the MSC voyagers club and entitles you to the 5% discount as I understand it.

34 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Princess Elite matches to MSC Black (their highest) status as of last March when we status matched.  Any status match - even the lowest - enrolls you to the MSC voyagers club and entitles you to the 5% discount as I understand it.

Once matched, I believe that you have to sail with MSC once every 3 years to maintain the status. A case of use it or lose it.

4 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Once matched, I believe that you have to sail with MSC once every 3 years to maintain the status. A case of use it or lose it.

As I understand it that is true.

Edited by capriccio

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

Thanks for sharing. That’s good to know.

Tony

D6EF57C4-E4F3-4F70-A68B-FBBC696E2063.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, towhee said:

Having cruised with Princess, we had been given past passenger numbers with HAL long before we booked our first HAL. So when we booked our first HAL, we both were 1 star with 0 points.

10 hours ago, Hlitner said:

And that sure gets you a lot of perks on HAL.  You can even have lunch on embarkation day  LOL.

Hank

Even HAL 1st timers with 0 stars can now have lunch in the dining room on embarkation day.

The only 1 star benefit is lunch on a sea day in the dining room with a very limited menu plus a souvenir tile.

First time with Princess and my points with P&O have been taken into account on Princess. So the days already travelled are recognised towards Captain Circle points. It saved me an extra £100 when booking and lowered the deposit to 5% of the price as well.

I don't understand why Carnival Corp doesn't do more to encourage "cross pollination" especially when you are moving up the food chain; meaning if you have been a Carnival passenger, incentive to book HAL and Princess; incentive to book Cunard and Seabourn when you are a HAL and Princess status member and so on.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I don't understand why Carnival Corp doesn't do more to encourage "cross pollination" especially when you are moving up the food chain; meaning if you have been a Carnival passenger, incentive to book HAL and Princess; incentive to book Cunard and Seabourn when you are a HAL and Princess status member and so on.

Without crossover, many Princess cruises have up to 2/3rds of the passengers with Platinum or elite status.

With cosssover, that could increase to almost 100%. Then, effectively nobody will have status on such a cruise.

19 hours ago, SausPud said:

First time with Princess and my points with P&O have been taken into account on Princess. So the days already travelled are recognised towards Captain Circle points. It saved me an extra £100 when booking and lowered the deposit to 5% of the price as well.

We don't get those benefits from our Captain's Circle points - and we have a lot. All we get is some OBC of AUD$75 per cabin.

I understand that for the Most Travelled Passenger lunch and award, Princess now only count points earned on Princess, not those earned on P&O.

36 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Princess now only count points earned on Princess, not those earned on P&O.

Not here in the UK.

They stopped rewarding same tier from P&O to Princess, but my 10 night Christmas cruise, these nights points have been added, and so will my cruise next year on P&O. I'm in a suite with a butler so extra points will be earned and might get me to the next tier with Princess.

21 minutes ago, SausPud said:

Not here in the UK.

They stopped rewarding same tier from P&O to Princess, but my 10 night Christmas cruise, these nights points have been added, and so will my cruise next year on P&O. I'm in a suite with a butler so extra points will be earned and might get me to the next tier with Princess.

Princess have counted your P&O cruises towards your loyalty level, but I was not talking about the Platinum/Elite levels. I referred to the Most Travelled Passenger award and lunch. 🙂This is a separate award and nothing to do with the loyalty level (unless all those points were 'earned' on Princess). BTW, I saw in a discussion on the Australian board, that Princess have announced that they no longer include points for new cruises on P&O UK or on Cunard. Cruises on P&O Aust are added to our 'count' on the Princess Captain's Circle, but (once again) these cruises do not count towards the Most Travelled Passenger award.

23 hours ago, SausPud said:

That's good to know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

We don't get those benefits from our Captain's Circle points - and we have a lot. All we get is some OBC of AUD$75 per cabin.

I understand that for the Most Travelled Passenger lunch and award, Princess now only count points earned on Princess, not those earned on P&O.

For the top 40 event Princess counts days sailed on Princess. Believe days sailed on lines which Princess purchased many years ago, Sitmar for example, also count. For this event no extra points or credits are rewarded for full suite or solo cruisers. It is days only.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Without crossover, many Princess cruises have up to 2/3rds of the passengers with Platinum or elite status. With cosssover, that could increase to almost 100%. Then, effectively nobody will have status on such a cruise.

Actually, I think that boosts my point. If Princess could encourage/motivate Platinum or Elite status passenger up to Seabourn and Cunard, it might alleviate the over abundance of them on Princess cruises. 

13 hours ago, skynight said:

For the top 40 event Princess counts days sailed on Princess. Believe days sailed on lines which Princess purchased many years ago, Sitmar for example, also count. For this event no extra points or credits are rewarded for full suite or solo cruisers. It is days only.

For the top 40 event, you say that Princess counts 'Sitmar days'. This may be so. I commented that Princess only count days on their ships because friends of ours who accumulated most of their 'days' did so on P&O Aust. They were accustomed to being the Most Cruised Passengers, but found they weren't even making the top three when their P&O Aust days were deducted.

Our Sitmar and P&O Aust days show on our Captain's Circle history. I will see on our next cruise if they are counted towards the Top 40 event. I hope they do. 🙂