Premium plus beverage package not YC

joeyjeremiah

I was wondering if anybody knew what specifically was included in the premium plus drink package. I realize it includes all the drinks on the drink menu.  I’m not in yacht club so was wondering about the room service. Does it include the for fee items? The pizza?

Also, does it included ocean cay? Gelato? Specialty coffee? Looking at upgrading my easy package and don’t know if I want to go to premium or premium plus. 

i would stay on premium if i was you unless you are a lover of champagne by the glass with premium you can get prosecco and cava under the limit ocean cay drinks are include on the premium drinks package and I believe on the easy gelato no longer on any package speciality coffee yes apart from the venchi ones

I’m not a huge champagne drinker but will enjoy a few glasses but my husband likes his scotch and we like the convenience of the mini bar so we are seriously considering the premium plus but was really curious about the room service food and wondering what would be included with this package when combined with our fantastica room. 

Room service menu is included in PremiumPlus:

Unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass, with no price limit! Enjoy the finest beverages available, and the freedom to quench your thirst however, whenever and wherever you like! Drinks and food from the minibar and the room service menu and drinks from theme bar menus are all included as well. This offer also entitles you to a 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists. You can order your drinks in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants.

@Georgia_Peaches  YC is all-inclusive (apart from some top-shelf items) so mini-bar and room service menu are automatically included.  Nicholas Feuillatte Champagne is, too.  The included drinks package is only for use outside of the YC enclave.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, joeyjeremiah said:

I’m not a huge champagne drinker but will enjoy a few glasses but my husband likes his scotch and we like the convenience of the mini bar so we are seriously considering the premium plus but was really curious about the room service food and wondering what would be included with this package when combined with our fantastica room. 

I wouldn't get excited about the mini bar. It will have one miniature of Scotch and it will only be replenished once a day unless your room steward is more amenable than ours was on Seaside!

15 minutes ago, CruiseIreland said:

I wouldn't get excited about the mini bar. It will have one miniature of Scotch and it will only be replenished once a day unless your room steward is more amenable than ours was on Seaside!

Thanks. We have had pretty good experience with our cabin Steward on our previous two Divina cruises and have had no problem having our mini bar restocked. They did run out of whiskey towards the end of the cruise though but that wasn’t our cabin stewards fault. 

40 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Room service menu is included in PremiumPlus:

Unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass, with no price limit! Enjoy the finest beverages available, and the freedom to quench your thirst however, whenever and wherever you like! Drinks and food from the minibar and the room service menu and drinks from theme bar menus are all included as well. This offer also entitles you to a 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists. You can order your drinks in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants.

@Georgia_Peaches  YC is all-inclusive (apart from some top-shelf items) so mini-bar and room service menu are automatically included.  Nicholas Feuillatte Champagne is, too.  The included drinks package is only for use outside of the YC enclave.

Thanks Bea. I wanted to double check because January when I cruised fantastical with the deluxe package we were charged for room service items that had a fee with them. We tried ordering hot breakfast items thinking they would be included between the deluxe and fantastica. 

So so now with the new packages I was hoping to get clarification on what the food from room service clause in the description actually included. So it sounds like I should be able to order some hot breakfast items this time. Do you know if it includes pizza as well?

The hot breakfast items may not be included (AFAIK - they weren't on the old Deluxe package.  We paid the $7.95 "service charge" PLUS an extra 15% service charge, making a total of $9.14  🙄).  I'm not sure about pizza, but I reckon you could make a case for it (as well as for the hot breakfast).  After all, it doesn't exclude anything in the description!  I haven't sailed (outside of YC) with Prem+ since it was introduced, so can't be definitive, sorry, JJ.

Edited by Beamafar

1 hour ago, CruiseIreland said:

That's a surprise to me. Our first MSC cruise was last year in an Aurea balcony. Not only was the minibar restocked every day, but because we told them we didn't drink Scotch, our steward got rid of that and instead stocked us with more vodka and gin. We never ran low on anything. I would expect the YC steward to be even more attentive.

• Like 1

We've never ordered pizza to the cabin, so I wouldn't know either way ... and, of course, there hasn't been many reports about the Prem+ package from anyone outside of YC.

On the subject of stocking the mini-bar (when not in YC), we've had some very bad experiences (where it wasn't being re-stocked at all!!) to some excellent ones, where it was re-stocked twice a day without issue (including on Armonia last January).  We always asked for 2 gins & 2 whiskies for each re-fill - no vodka, please, thank you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

We've never ordered pizza to the cabin, so I wouldn't know either way ... and, of course, there hasn't been many reports about the Prem+ package from anyone outside of YC.

On the subject of stocking the mini-bar (when not in YC), we've had some very bad experiences (where it wasn't being re-stocked at all!!) to some excellent ones, where it was re-stocked twice a day without issue (including on Armonia last January).  We always asked for 2 gins & 2 whiskies for each re-fill - no vodka, please, thank you!

To me, that's the mark of a good steward-one who gets to know his/her passengers' preferences and stocks accordingly. 😊

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

We ordered it twice on a sailing last year due to illness, and we were YC.

The inclusions list for P+ states 'room service menu and drinks through room service'. Which would suggest all of the menu, however.....🤔 The old Deluxe only included drinks through RS.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Joey - I am wondering what was actually included in the Prem+? I am between the Prem and Plus and wondering if i did the Bella package and added Prem+ will we still get the room service included and mini bar? There doesn't seem to be a clear answer anywhere. What was your experience? 

We had the Premium + package last week on our Grandiosa cruise in the Med. We were in an Aurea suite. It included anything that you could get by the glass (Johnny Walker Blue, Chivas 21 yr, Veuve champagne, etc) and was well worth it! I would do it again in a heartbeat. We did order pizza through room service and that was not included with that package. Everything else in room service was covered as well as the mini bar.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 2/21/2020 at 3:28 PM, saintsfan777 said:

We had the Premium + package last week on our Grandiosa cruise in the Med. We were in an Aurea suite. It included anything that you could get by the glass (Johnny Walker Blue, Chivas 21 yr, Veuve champagne, etc) and was well worth it! I would do it again in a heartbeat. We did order pizza through room service and that was not included with that package. Everything else in room service was covered as well as the mini bar.

hey... sorry for digging up this old post, but there are few people who have travelled as recently as you with Prem Plus 😁

Do you know when you traveled last year if the American breakfast was included in Prem Plus?  And I presume you could order drinks (including alcoholic) on room service using the drinks package too?

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread.  Curious as to post COVID Premium Plus inclusions for Fall 2021 (as if it couldn't get any more complicated!!!)  

Mini bar? 

What drinks can you order from room service?  

We had the Prem+ before and had the mini bar minis and food (DH loves him some Pringles) restocked daily, but did not try to order in drinks b/c that part wasn't terribly clear.

Any current news for Caribbean/ Fall 2021 would be appreciated!

We just got off the Meraviglia a few days ago. I do have to say we were YC, and upgraded to the P+ because it was so cheap. I don’t know if it was YC or P+ or a combo of both, but basically everything was available to us. We drank and ate from the mini bar freely, and it was always restocked. We had French 75s sent to our room without question. We ordered ice cream on OC and weren’t charged (whether that was included or an accident, IDK). And we got all the expensive wine and champagne we wanted without question. It was a dream, and I wouldn’t do it any other way from now on.

(Granted, we are big wine and champagne drinkers, so it was in our benefit.)

I can’t say what it’s like outside YC.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Bumping this thread.  Curious as to post COVID Premium Plus inclusions for Fall 2021 (as if it couldn't get any more complicated!!!)  

Mini bar? 

What drinks can you order from room service?  

We had the Prem+ before and had the mini bar minis and food (DH loves him some Pringles) restocked daily, but did not try to order in drinks b/c that part wasn't terribly clear.

Any current news for Caribbean/ Fall 2021 would be appreciated!

Here is a link for the comparison. First is summer/fall 2021 and if you scroll down is winter 2021 and beyond.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/dining-drinks/drink-comparison-chart