Loyalty Program

kelhag

On 9/8/2019 at 11:38 AM, kelhag said:

Quick question. I understand the loyalty program, the more points the better the perks.  However, why do we have to have colors on our sign and sail cards(blue, red, gold,  platinum and diamond)? Are those so the staff can tell where you are on the point scale?

The only time staff cared is to say "Welcome Back" when they see that our card is not blue. But, someone made the point that these can be used to verify early access to cabin during embarkation, debarkation priority, water shuttle, GS line, etc.

Personally, I think it only matters to the holder.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I had the white Milestone card on my last cruise. I was surprised, and maybe a little embarrassed, at the attention paid to it by the crew. My husband is eager to reach Diamond level. I support him in this endeavor, even though I have a serious love/hate relationship with Carnival. He likes the idea of being treated a little more special on a cruise. I'm more of the mind of finding a line that treats me special even if I'm in the lowest category cabin and have no loyalty level whatsoever (hellooooo Crystal!).

LOL, maybe they are listening.... (Crystal, they hang out here all the time)...😎  I knew about the hate part, the love part not so much.  

15 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

I know I come on here and b**** constantly, but if there's one thing I love about Carnival, it's the crew (and John Heald). I even like my fellow passengers for the most part since they seem to be from working stock like me.

I'm going to do a little review of my Imagination cruise and I have nothing but nice things to say about that ship's crew. Wow! I was more excited about our Imagination cruise than I am about our next Panorama cruise. I love those little ships!! Everything about them. 😍

Cannot argue with any of that.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:46 AM, kelhag said:

funny...but when I was reading topics about lanyards most Diamond and Platinum card holds don't like lanyards.

I just turned Platinum on my last cruise.   I have worn my card on a lanyard since my first cruise, and will continue to to do so.   Its the easiest way for me to know where it is at all times.

I have even found myself still wearing it at the airport or hotel after getting off the cruise  LOL

• Haha 1

On 9/8/2019 at 3:39 PM, beachbum6264 said:

I'm platinum and never wear a lanyard.. It reminds me of before I retired and had to wear one, nothing to do with showing what color my card is. When I look at my card I don't feel pride, rather I just feel fortunate to be able to cruise as often as we do. Do the 'perks' that go with the color of the card make a major difference in my cruise? No. Are they nice? Yes, but we've sailed on a few other lines and enjoyed every cruise even without and perks. We're just happy to cruise.

I don't wear the lanyards because I was on deck one day when a strong wind blew the lanyard right off someone and the card went a different direction.  I would rather keep it tucked away. 

My heart is warmed by the kindness and generosity of the  Platinum and Diamond folks who offer help and gifts ( unneeded perk gifts) to new people on a cruise.  I'll always remember our first cruise.  We sat at a table on Lido deck wondering how to navigate it all.  Thank you for reminding me to pay it forward, all of the time!

• Like 2

We will turn Platinum next year on our Mardi Gras cruise.  While I will enjoy a few more perks, I don't sail Carnival, or any other line, for achieving higher status levels.  I no longer wear lanyards.  I now use a key chain with a cute sea/cruise type charm (current one is a turtle I picked up in Grand Turk) that is attached to a wrist band and has 2 clips on it.  One clip is for my key card and the other clip can clip it to my purse, beach bag, belt loop, etc.  I can either carry it around my wrist or clip it to what ever I am carrying or to myself.  Much more convenient than a lanyard or my pocket.

On 9/10/2019 at 3:21 PM, Warm Breezes said:

I now use a key chain with a cute sea/cruise type charm (current one is a turtle I picked up in Grand Turk) that is attached to a wrist band and has 2 clips on it.  

I'm intrigued!  I am trying to visualize what this looks like and am having a hard time.  Would you be willing to share a picture?

I don't care about the color of my card (last cruise, DH & I had gold, daughter had red, SIL & 11 year old grandson had blue- he kept telling us that blue was his favorite color and even if he went on more cruises, he only wanted the blue card- kind of puts it all in perspective!)

I do use a lanyard though because when I'm cruising I often don't have pockets... and I find it easier to know exactly where my card is! Like some others, I worked in an IT office for years where we always had to use a lanyard to display our badges (it was a security thing)… but for the past 7 years I've worked for the same company, but remotely. Working from home must have changed my outlook 'cause I don't mind wearing a lanyard on my cruise at all!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2019 at 12:27 PM, coevan said:

sorry, but that looks annoying to wear everywhere

I usually don’t find myself wearing it that often.  If we get off the ship or go to the Lido deck it gets attached to my back pack.  Easy on/easy off. If we are going out and about on the ship I either wrap it around my wrist or clip it to a belt loop for a quick trip out or clip it to my small over the shoulder purse if I am bringing cell phone,  gum and lip gloss with me for a longer trip out.  It is very versatile and not flopping around my neck.  I also don’t have to worry about it falling out of my pocket or having to hang onto it if I don’t have a pocket.  Since  it is hanging outside of my purse/backpack it is easy to unclip to unlock the door or hand to the crew member to get on/off the ship.

Edited by Warm Breezes
  • Like 1

So, just so I understand, you only get points for the cruise days you personally sail and not for the ones you pay for?

For example, if I take my extended family of 8 on a 7 day cruise, I get 7 points and not 56, correct?

As an aside, I never even realized the sail and sign cards were colored by your level until this conversation.  It never even occurred to me...

5 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

So, just so I understand, you only get points for the cruise days you personally sail and not for the ones you pay for?

For example, if I take my extended family of 8 on a 7 day cruise, I get 7 points and not 56, correct?

As an aside, I never even realized the sail and sign cards were colored by your level until this conversation.  It never even occurred to me...

You are correct Eli. On your 7 day cruise, you and all that travel with you get 7 'points' credit each. Sowwy. You do not get 56 'points. 

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2019 at 2:46 AM, kelhag said:

funny...but when I was reading topics about lanyards most Diamond and Platinum card holds don't like lanyards.

Depends on what part of the world you live in. When I cruise with Carnival in Australia there are a lot of lanyard wearers. 

19 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

Depends on what part of the world you live in. When I cruise with Carnival in Australia there are a lot of lanyard wearers. 

Yep. A lot of lanyard wearers on our cruise....everything from blue to red, gold, silver, and we saw several whites. Kind of interesting to me to note the different colored lanyards. I had no idea what they meant nor did I care...just different.