Picture-A-Week 2019 - Week 37

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, September 9 and Sunday, September 15.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

This week finally saw the last of the doors and drawers installed and the final few pieces of African Mahogany dissected and turned into molding. The kitchen is done. There are still a few hidden features to be added but the functional and visual parts are all done. It has been a long and sometimes frustrating project since I am not an actual carpenter by trade but I learned a lot and can honestly say I am proud of how it came out. The Wonderful Wife is happy too, which makes the effort worth the gallons of sweat and myriad bits of wood tweezered from my hands. In trying to show the results, I also learned that panoramas hate a lot of lines and I need a good ultra-wide-angle lens.

Finish Line

p3605944642-5.jpg

Dave

• Like 4

My wife and I just returned from an Eastern Caribbean cruise yesterday.  We had fabulous weather with the exception of Tropical Storm Humberto causing our port of call at Nassau, Bahamas to be cancelled.  I'd rather have another day at sea anyway.  We did have a couple of beautiful sunrises.  The problem with taking photos of a sunrise is you have to be awake for it.  😁  Here are a couple of pictures of one of those sunrises.

image.thumb.jpeg.311b500c041c9231785cbbd3a8155d80.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e27a3ca14a11fff92d5b4ecde9e010f1.jpeg

• Like 1

This photo week for me started out on Friday, Sep 13, when I arrived at Walt Disney World, checked in to my villa at the Boardwalk Resort, then decided to spend that first late afternoon and evening by walking over to Hollywood Studios to see the all-new Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge land that opened there.

The theming is wonderfully done, whether you're a Star Wars fan or not (I'm actually not - I only ever saw the first movie in 1977 and it never caught on for me)...the land is quite expansive and everything is themed down to the last detail.  Here are some looks at the new land:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Indeed.  Ironically, I'm NOT a Star Wars fan.  I only ever saw the first movie back in 1976 or 77, and it didn't do anything for me, so I never saw any of the others since.  But still, I was impressed with the theming and attention to detail - and it was a fun place to visit and photograph.