Faster to the fun

spleenstomper

10 hours ago, geoffrywillhardt said:

Why is this? 

From my understanding is that if they open up too many the wind would be too much. Like if the entire side was open the stuff would blow off the balconies. I’m not really sure. Maybe other will chime in...

On 9/16/2019 at 1:55 PM, Shaded Lady said:

We have an aft wrap on Freedom for Thanksgiving 2020 and we're so excited! I've wanted one forever and it finally worked out this next cruise that we could get one. @spleenstomper you're going to have to come back here and tell me all about it!!!

LOVED everything about it! We would not do an aft. But an aft wrap we would absolutely consider versus a suite depending on cruise. With our friends having the room next door and with opening the balcony divider, it was an incredible amount of space. 

On 9/8/2019 at 3:05 PM, ParrotRob said:

Aren't the aft wraps suites anyway?  Aren't they "Vista Suites"?

not on the valor.   (and am curious did you buy the FTTF because that does not come automatic with suites.   with suites you get priority check in-   but the room is not ready until 1:30 

On the valor the corner afts are vista premium balcony.  nothing about it is a suite

On 9/8/2019 at 4:40 PM, garypolton said:

Make sure as soon as you get on the ship, go to customer service (FTTF Line) and request your balcony partition be opened up. Have one person from the other cabin get in line with you just in case they want their permission. We stayed in one of these with my parents staying next door and it worked out great so we could share the huge balcony. Then the room steward or maintenance person will open it sometime soon.

They only are only allowed to open up a certain amount of partitions on the ship so don't procrastinate on requesting this.

Hope this helps! Any let me know if you have any questions...

-Gary

Gary:   you only need to do that on a spirit class ship   EVERY other ship the cabin steward can open the divider as long as it does not block a cabin door.     If the divider blocks a door it will not be able to be opened. 

3 hours ago, serene56 said:

Gary:   you only need to do that on a spirit class ship   EVERY other ship the cabin steward can open the divider as long as it does not block a cabin door.     If the divider blocks a door it will not be able to be opened. 

When is the last time you tried? On each of my last cruises, the cabin steward says they need a work order to have it done. Each time it's either the room steward or a maintenance guy that comes and opens it. Each time I had to go to customer service to request it...

1 hour ago, garypolton said:

When is the last time you tried? On each of my last cruises, the cabin steward says they need a work order to have it done. Each time it's either the room steward or a maintenance guy that comes and opens it. Each time I had to go to customer service to request it...

Just did it in May on the magic.   Left the steward a note on the bed.   Went to dinner and it was done.    I’m not standing in that line on the first day to get it opened.  Those lines are horrible