Stateroom free movies eliminated

Nymich

On 9/17/2019 at 9:38 AM, rimmit said:

"Clearly the vast majority of cruisers cared more about the movies than they cared about the better food, better entertainment and activities for them to reverse the decision.  Maybe you should mobilize a boycott for those"...…..

A flawed statement, IMHO.  This thread is about movies being cut.  It does not address any other aspects of Celebrity, good or bad.  I am one who was not happy about the movies.  I said so, and I sent an email to Celebrity.  When I am not happy with other things about Celebrity I say so, and take action accordingly.  (and likewise when I am happy with them) 

The movie change was the most recent cut (of many) Celebrity had made.  It also was something that could be (and ultimately was) reversed quickly and easily.  Based on your statements, I guess we should have done and said nothing about that until all the other less than perfect aspects of Celebrity have been addressed;  those aspects being much more vague as well as more difficult and expensive to change.  To compare it to politics, it's like saying let's not advocate to change any laws, unless we can change all the laws. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

The movie change was the most recent cut (of many) Celebrity had made.  It also was something that could be (and ultimately was) reversed quickly and easily.  Based on your statements, I guess we should have done and said nothing about that until all the other less than perfect aspects of Celebrity have been addressed;  those aspects being much more vague as well as more difficult and expensive to change.  To compare it to politics, it's like saying let's not advocate to change any laws, unless we can change all the laws. 

I never said you should do nothing about anything else until a previous issue is addressed.  I am not sure where you got that from my previous statement.  No where in my post was that stated.

I was simply stating people were willing to drop cruises over this most recent issue.  Apparently it was enough to get X’s attention.  I stated that if overall the people felt as strongly as this over the entertainment and food, X may course correct.  It is much harder to quantify food and entertainment, but if people were cancelling cruises because they felt the headliners were not so good or the life music was subpar, X may take notice.  The problem is that line is different for everyone.  It’s not black and white like the movie issue.

I never said let’s not change anything until we can change it all.   That is nowhere in my previous post.  Obviously, you should take change where you can get it.  Especially in the current climate of the cruise industry.

4 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

The movie change was the most recent cut (of many) Celebrity had made.  It also was something that could be (and ultimately was) reversed quickly and easily.  

I really did not think it was easy and I am still surprised we generated this much outrage to get it changed.  X had been cutting these movies little by little and everyone let them do it.  When I got on Equinox Aug 31 and saw 5 FREE movies I thought how cheap!  When they dropped them all mid week I knew I was going to make it known.  Looking back it looks easy because we got them back in a short period of time but I still do not trust X with these movies.  Everyone needs to keep them in check or they will go for it again.

• Like 2

Haven't booked Celebrity in a bit and am late to this party . I am happy that Celebrity blinked . This  thread has been great . Full of righteous indignation .

A special mention to all the special people who felt it was important to tell us that they never watch movies onboard and also that they don't cruise to watch movies in their cabins . Oh and that the movies offered weren't very good anyway . Finally those that  actually thanked Celebrity for returning what they took away .  Thank you for sharing . You are all strongly felt in the "heart" of this faceless corporation . 

I wanted to give this thread perhaps a final bump .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Haven't booked Celebrity in a bit and am late to this party . I am happy that Celebrity blinked . This  thread has been great . Full of righteous indignation .

A special mention to all the special people who felt it was important to tell us that they never watch movies onboard and also that they don't cruise to watch movies in their cabins . Oh and that the movies offered weren't very good anyway . Finally those that  actually thanked Celebrity for returning what they took away .  Thank you for sharing . You are all strongly felt in the "heart" of this faceless corporation . 

I wanted to give this thread perhaps a final bump .

Perfect!  LMAO

On 9/8/2019 at 6:11 PM, Nymich said:

We were on Equinox last week and when we got on we noticed only 5 free movies and all others were $14.99.  We checked again mid week and they were all gone.  Called Guest Relations and they said broadcasting department said that the contract had ended and they would not be offering free movies in the cabins anymore fleet wide.   Please chime in if you are seeing the same or it was just poor service and communication on the Equinox.  Cheap move on this one imo if true.  I think it was Wednesday September 2nd that the movies were gone and I got this response from Guest Relations.   Anyone cruising right now let us know.  Thanks

Movies are back now...to many complaints