Melbourne Hotel Ideas Needed (construction zones)

Ombud

Dates: 21-11-2019 to 24-11-2019 b4 Golden Princess cruise

I had booked Doubletree on Flinders but then I found out it's affected by the metro construction,  so I cancelled that. Then I booked the Victoria Hotel and emailed them to see if it's still affected as it's really close to CBD. If so, where would you suggest I look next? Should I stay near the pier and just take the 109 in?

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

Dates: 21-11-2019 to 24-11-2019 b4 Golden Princess cruise

I had booked Doubletree on Flinders but then I found out it's affected by the metro construction,  so I cancelled that. Then I booked the Victoria Hotel and emailed them to see if it's still affected as it's really close to CBD. If so, where would you suggest I look next? Should I stay near the pier and just take the 109 in?

The Victoria Hotel is in the CBD. As far as staying near Station Pier, I think you will find that the only accommodation available will be in apartment buildings. I agree with andlep that the Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens in Williams Street is in a good position. It is in the Law Courts area of Melbourne, so at the weekend, it will be quiet. There is also a tram line on the street. There are a few hotels in the area, so I suggest a look at those. The Flagstaff railway station is also very close by. Of course your choice of accommodation will reflect your budget. 

Another option would be at Docklands or Southbank, there are many hotels and apartments in both locations.

Leigh

• Thanks 1

Fawkner Park is not in the CBD and not close to Station Pier. It is opposite the Alfred Hospital, the major trauma hospital in Melbourne. During the day it would be safe, but I wouldn't walk there later, the same as the Royal Botanical Gardens.

Leigh

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 4:12 PM, possum52 said:

Fawkner Park is not in the CBD and not close to Station Pier. It is opposite the Alfred Hospital, the major trauma hospital in Melbourne. During the day it would be safe, but I wouldn't walk there later, the same as the Royal Botanical Gardens.

Leigh

+1 

Also, think helicopters coming and going from a major trauma hospital.