switching of the cabins

Tammylyne

So we booked a cruise for next year. We booked 2 rooms, 1 suite 1 balcony  and in order to get the max discount and OBC my TA put me in the balcony and daughters boyfriend in the suite. 

Once we board if we go to guest services will Carnival give us correct sign and sail cards. Moving me back to suite and dd bf back to balcony? My OCD is kicking in lol
Or are we stuck? My TA says they should do it but I was hoping to hear from someone that may have actually done this/

1 hour ago, smcgoldr said:

You can get them to update your Sail and Sign cards so that they open the correct rooms.

Thank you! Does that mean that my sign and sail will then show I am in a suite and the gratuities will be put on mine?

We do this once a year on the cruise with do with my elderly parents.  We are Platinum and they are not, so they can board with us we book my mom in one room with me and my dad in the other with my husband.

As soon as we board, my husband and dad go to guest services and tell them they want to switch rooms.  They are given a new sail and sign card and the old one is disposed of.  All their gratuities, pre-purchased items, cruise cash, OBC, etc. "follow" them to their updated room.

The only thing that gets mixed up sometimes is the room steward (depends on the steward).... even though we specifically tell him they switched rooms and who is in what room sometimes our paperwork/pins/drink coupons end up dropped off in the wrong room for them (but we just switch it ourselves).

The only other thing is you have to make sure when you do your on line check in you assign the correct people the right charging privileges for your on board accounts (so I have to exclude my mom in my room, and give my husband in the other room privileges for my card and my mom excludes me and adds my dad in the other room.... works out fine every time)