How to find cruises for 2 specific ports?

TravelingDaily

You could try the FIND a CRUISE link at the top  & select it as departure port

Most do not begin/end in Galveston for  Panama cruises

You would usually begin/end in Florida

Most  Galveston departures are R/T  

There is a site where you can look for cruises either from a certain port or stopping at a certain port.  Unfortunately, since it is a travel agency, we can't mention it here.  It is a very handy feature.  It is one of the bigger sites, I think, so maybe Googling and then looking at different agencies will help--but be tedious.  

I am fairly certain no Panama Canal cruises start in Galveston though.

16 hours ago, TravelingDaily said:

Hi, I’m trying to find cruises that either depart or arrive from Galveston & Los Angeles. 

I do not care if it’s Los Angeles to Galveston or visa versa.

Please advise the best tool/site you would suggest for this.

Thanks!

As someone stated, there is one site that allows you to search by ports as a parameter.  I can’t list the site here.  I did do a search and didn’t find any cruises from the major lines that visit both LA and Galveston - sorry!

There is an excellent data base owned by a cruise agency (not allowed to name it here).  I did a search with the Galveston and LA parameters through July 2022 (as far as there is data) and there are zero hits.  Not surprised as that kind of itinerary would not make a lot of sense.  Galveston is, at best, a secondary cruise port (a pain to access from airports) and a cruise to or from LA (or that calls at LA) would have to be a longer cruise then would generally involve Galveston.  The longest cruise out of Galveston in the next couple of years is a 14 day voyage on the  Carnival Freedom (there are 4 of these voyages through 2021) which are round trip and partial Panama Canal cruises.  In fact, all the cruises, except 1, that depart from Galveston are round trip.  This satisfies the short cruise market that prefers closed loop cruises where a Passport is not necessary.  There is only a single cruise in Jan 2020 (Disney Wonder) that embarks at Galveston and ends in San Juan.  We wondered if there was a cruise from San Juan to LA, but this does not exist at that time.

I doubt if there will ever be a cruise between LA and Galveston because it makes little sense from a marketing perspective.  Few cruisers who have ever cruised in or out of Galveston (we have done it once) want to do it again.  It is just too much hassle getting to and from one of the Houston airports.  And the cruise lines would need to resupply the ship at Galveston which comes with its own logistical issues.  A few years ago Princess used Galveston as the embarkation port for a "3 Continent cruise" that went to North Africa and then into the Med.  Although the embarkation port (for the Grand Princess) was Galveston, the line made a "service stop" at Port Everglades so they could pick-up all the necessary supplies.  Passengers who embarked at Galveston were not even allowed off the vessel in Florida because this would have been a PVSA violation.  To the best of my knowledge, Princess never repeated this kind of voyage.

My advice to the OP is to consider beginning your cruise at one of the major Florida ports and ending at one of the LA ports.  

Hank

Not sure if I'm using the same website as Hlitner but I have one also that allows you to search by those parameters. Also finding that there are none. Round trip Galveston or Florida to LA (or vice versa) are you only choices for this type of cruise.

Edited by sanger727