Princess Cruise Drinks Price Australia

BGozzy

Just now, boeckli said:

I agree!

Do they allow us to purchase wine in ports during the cruise and then pay the corkage, or does that only apply at embarkation?

If they staff applied the rules very strictly, then no. You could not bring wine on during the voyage.

However, no-one has reported a problem bringing bottles on at port stops. You should be asked to pay the corkage at the 'Alcohol table' set up just past the security X-ray machine, but often they don't charge it. If you take the bottle to the dining room, you will pay the AUD$15 corkage there.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Great work. Are those prices AUD or USD (which would then also have the grats added).

They are the AUD prices Mic on Australian based Princess ships.  Grats included.     Huge mark up.  I think we will be alcohol free on Majestic to Singapore in February.😢   Personally I could not be bothered lugging a case of vino on board. 

25 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They are the AUD prices Mic on Australian based Princess ships.  Grats included.     Huge mark up.  I think we will be alcohol free on Majestic to Singapore in February.😢   Personally I could not be bothered lugging a case of vino on board. 

We can take our wine because we live in Brisbane and our booked cruises all start in Brisbane. If we had to travel a longer distance to board the ship, it wouldn't be so easy.

50 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Never thought I'd be asking this question as I have stated in the past that I would not do it, BUT considering the prices, I'm asking what's the procedure for taking a dozen wine aboard? Does one have to carry it all the way?

Yes. You have to carry it with you, but you can put it in a wheel-along cabin-luggage size bag. That is what we intend to do, dividing our bottles between our two bags. When the bags go through the X-ray we will be directed to the Alcohol Desk to pay the corkage. That is what has happened in the past when we have had our two 'free' bottles plus another couple. The steward at the desk asked us which ones we wanted to pay the corkage on. He put stickers on so we could take them to the dining room. When we handed the bottle over to our table waiter in the MDR, we nicely pointed out the sticker and there were no problems whatsoever. They kept the left-over wine for the next night, as usual. We kept our two bottles without stickers to have a pre-dinner drink in our cabin or on deck at sailaway. Some people take a full glass with them into the dining room. 😊

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

Well here I am 45 minutes after my last post, ran it past SWMBO and she said enough is enough. I've set aside 14 bottles of our favourite Shiraz, and have ordered a folding trolley to drag it onboard for our 14 night cruise to Fiji on the 8th Nov on the Ruby Princess.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Another reason would likely be the length of a cruise and also the number of sea days for each cruise, the more sea days, the higher the price.

First cruise - 11 night cruise with 5 ports, 5 sea days.

Second cruise - 13 night cruise with 7 ports, 5 sea days

Third cruise - 38 night cruise with 17 ports, 20 sea days

Exactly Mic - had already considered this to be the reason for the variation in prices. Only thing we buy is the coffee cards, and as I am the designated driver and only drink soft drinks, the boss just drinks as and when the urge takes him, this works for us.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Exactly Mic - had already considered this to be the reason for the variation in prices. Only thing we buy is the coffee cards, and as I am the designated driver and only drink soft drinks, the boss just drinks as and when the urge takes him, this works for us.

That is the best way to go IMO.

We knew the prices would be high so budgeted for them. But they aren't much different from Sydney restaurant prices. We're enjoying the opportunity to try wines that we don't see in Australia. So far we haven't had the same wine twice and all have been excellent.

22 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We knew the prices would be high so budgeted for them. But they aren't much different from Sydney restaurant prices. We're enjoying the opportunity to try wines that we don't see in Australia. So far we haven't had the same wine twice and all have been excellent.

Good news.

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I’m sorry to ask, as you have been so helpful already, but my fellow guests have asked the following:

1. If you have drinks package, can you order glass in main dining room as part of package?

2. Are you able to ask please, price for Aperol Spritz?

3. Do they still serve Dazante Pinot Grigio in main dining room and what is price.

4. Finally what is the cost of a glass of Prosecco at on deck bar?

3 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

So far we haven't had the same wine twice and all have been excellent.

Thanks for posting these - quite extensive and certainly some nice wines on there

Can you share the Gin menu if there is one? - couldn't see a listing of the gins but did see some of the cocktails with gin

8 hours ago, Emoliash said:

Thanks for posting the photos. What is the daily beverage fee on the ruby? Will it change depending on the cruise? Also are there any happy hours?

Not sure any line has a daily beverage fee, is it the daily surcharge you mean, in which case, it is included in the fare for Princess cruises out of Australian ports.

10 hours ago, Emoliash said:

Thanks for posting the photos. What is the daily beverage fee on the ruby? Will it change depending on the cruise? Also are there any happy hours?

No happy hours on Princess these days. Drink prices are standard, subject to currency being used on board of course. Ruby would be in AUD whilst she is here.

We did Ruby Princess Rome to Fort Lauderdale in 2010, nice ship back then, fairly new.

Edited by NSWP