Princess Cruise Drinks Price Australia

BGozzy

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Not sure any line has a daily beverage fee, is it the daily surcharge you mean, in which case, it is included in the fare for Princess cruises out of Australian ports.

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

No happy hours on Princess these days. Drink prices are standard, subject to currency being used on board of course. Ruby would be in AUD whilst she is here.

We did Ruby Princess Rome to Fort Lauderdale in 2010, nice ship back then, fairly new.

Thank you. I think in 2017 the Sun Princess had a happy hour but on later cruises both here and in other regions there has not been. Do you think us Aussies were the culprits in Princess in getting rid of them?

Very much looking forward to the Ruby

4 minutes ago, Emoliash said:

Do you think us Aussies were the culprits in Princess in getting rid of them?

I don't think we would make that much impact. If that was so, the happy hour would have been eliminated just for the Aussie cruises. From what I have heard, some people were taking drinks back to their cabin for later, therefore reducing the alcohol sales later in the day.

9 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't think we would make that much impact. If that was so, the happy hour would have been eliminated just for the Aussie cruises. From what I have heard, some people were taking drinks back to their cabin for later, therefore reducing the alcohol sales later in the day.

And this is why we can't have nice things.....

1 hour ago, Emoliash said:

Oops I meant the daily drinks package. I was wondering if the cost changes from ship to ship. Trying to calculate whether it is worthwhile to get one for my South Pacific Cruise

Yes, prices vary from cruise to cruise, length of cruise and number of sea days being the main drivers.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

wow, I know some of the passengers would do that but I wouldn't think it was that many.

1 hour ago, BGozzy said:

I’m sorry to ask, as you have been so helpful already, but my fellow guests have asked the following:

1. If you have drinks package, can you order glass in main dining room as part of package?

2. Are you able to ask please, price for Aperol Spritz?

3. Do they still serve Dazante Pinot Grigio in main dining room and what is price.

4. Finally what is the cost of a glass of Prosecco at on deck bar?

Yes, you can order wine by the glass anywhere on the ship including the MDR.

No Danzante but there are some equally nice pinot grigios.

Prosecco price should show on both the MDR and Crooners lists. It's the same price all over the ship I think.

I'll have to check the aperol spritz price.

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Yes, prices vary from cruise to cruise, length of cruise and number of sea days being the main drivers.

The daily pp price doesn't change, Mic, but the longer the cruise the higher the total cost will be.

Just now, Stickman1990 said:

Thanks for posting these - quite extensive and certainly some nice wines on there

Can you share the Gin menu if there is one? - couldn't see a listing of the gins but did see some of the cocktails with gin

I'll see if I can find out what gins they have. 

• Thanks 1

On our only Princess cruise thus far (Sun in 2017) we were very surprised at how some treated the happy hour 2 for one deal.

For the afternoon session, seats in the Wheelhouse were full from before the start, it was a battle to get a drink, and the stashes under the chairs were crazy. Some people had drinks taking up every inch of space under their chair. A soon as the event was over, the place emptied in minutes, & all the booty was taken.

Can't report on the evening sessions, as that would normally coincide with our dinner or a show.

This was not our scene at all, with us preferring to have a drink or two in a quite bar (the same one) outside of the HH hours, even if we had to pay full tote odds.

The Happy Hours were one of the negatives of our otherwise mostly excellent 29N cruise, and we certainly commented on this with the bar manager and in our survey. When we subsequently learned that these events were no more, that was viewed by us as a plus.

We have only ever been to one Happy hour that they used to have, think it was in the Wheelhouse bar on the Sapphire.

Lots of people buying up, stashing drinks, buying 2 for one bottles of wine.

This was at 3-4pm, was never up late enough for the later one. So when it was on we would go to a nice quiet empty bar and enjoy the serenity, that full priced drink was worth it!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 3:57 PM, Porky55 said:

Sea Princess -   Dec ‘19 Prem Bev. Pkg AU$79.99 pp/pd  - to PNG

Ruby - Feb ‘20 Prem Bev. Pkg  AU$89.59 pp/pd - to New Zealand

Regal - Oct ‘20 Prem Bev Pkg AU$99.11 per pp/pd - 38 day - Southampton to Singapore.

45 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The daily pp price doesn't change, Mic, but the longer the cruise the higher the total cost will be.

This seems to suggest otherwise.

3 hours ago, Emoliash said:

Oops I meant the daily drinks package. I was wondering if the cost changes from ship to ship. Trying to calculate whether it is worthwhile to get one for my South Pacific Cruise

I think they're the same on Princess.

RCL change them not just ship by ship, but cruise by cruise.

1 hour ago, mr walker said:

On our only Princess cruise thus far (Sun in 2017) we were very surprised at how some treated the happy hour 2 for one deal.

For the afternoon session, seats in the Wheelhouse were full from before the start, it was a battle to get a drink, and the stashes under the chairs were crazy. Some people had drinks taking up every inch of space under their chair. A soon as the event was over, the place emptied in minutes, & all the booty was taken.

Can't report on the evening sessions, as that would normally coincide with our dinner or a show.

This was not our scene at all, with us preferring to have a drink or two in a quite bar (the same one) outside of the HH hours, even if we had to pay full tote odds.

The Happy Hours were one of the negatives of our otherwise mostly excellent 29N cruise, and we certainly commented on this with the bar manager and in our survey. When we subsequently learned that these events were no more, that was viewed by us as a plus.

51 minutes ago, cheznandy said:

We have only ever been to one Happy hour that they used to have, think it was in the Wheelhouse bar on the Sapphire.

Lots of people buying up, stashing drinks, buying 2 for one bottles of wine.

This was at 3-4pm, was never up late enough for the later one. So when it was on we would go to a nice quiet empty bar and enjoy the serenity, that full priced drink was worth it!

Interesting, I hadn't bothered with any of the HH either but that was more to do with being busy doing alternate activities.

56 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Interesting, I hadn't bothered with any of the HH either but that was more to do with being busy doing alternate activities.

19 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Us too. We aren't really keen to have a drink at the times of the Happy Hours. We like to have a drink with dinner.

Similar for us. On the Princess cruise HH was 3-4pm I think. We would normally be doing other 'stuff' then, but the waiter we had in Wheelhouse each evening told us we should come to happy hour. We were in Café one afternoon when he spotted us and insisted we come to HH, literally marching us in. Anyway, we soon let him know what we thought of it, and he took care of us each evening outside of the HH - a night cap or two ends most cruise-nights for us.

We normally have a drink or two pre-show/dinner on our balcony or on RCI in the DL, though that event can be somewhat less than ideal - we like the drink vouchers on our sea-pass cards nowadays. Win/win.

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

Similar for us. On the Princess cruise HH was 3-4pm I think. We would normally be doing other 'stuff' then, but the waiter we had in Wheelhouse each evening told us we should come to happy hour. We were in Café one afternoon when he spotted us and insisted we come to HH, literally marching us in. Anyway, we soon let him know what we thought of it, and he took care of us each evening outside of the HH - a night cap or two ends most cruise-nights for us.

We normally have a drink or two pre-show/dinner on our balcony or on RCI in the DL, though that event can be somewhat less than ideal - we like the drink vouchers on our sea-pass cards nowadays. Win/win.

Agreed about not wanting to get into the crush just for a cheaper drink.